Lost cabin for covid safety spacing.

robandlil

14 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm on that same sailing. Got the email on Weds, called the TA to check into it. She talked to Royal and said we probably wouldn't see a cabin reassignment until Friday. Sure enough Friday morning we were moved from our hump JS on Deck 8 about 7 doors down to another non-hump JS that can hold 5 (we are a party of 3), same muster station still. Our TA called and got us reassigned to a hump JS on Deck 6 on Friday afternoon.

I'm following the situation closely as we have 2 cabins on Oasis 12/12 sailing - a hump balcony & a CP with the large balcony nearby.  Don't want to lose those 2 because I specifically picked them.

Just curious, I went to website just now to do a mock booking for your cruise and there are currently 3 hump cabins still for sale on deck 8 - 2 right beside each other.  Just don't understand if they're doing this to current bookings, why they have cabins next to each other still for sale.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 10:57 PM, FionaMG said:

Yes, she's still here. She started back on the 15th of August doing the standard 7-night western Med itinerary from Barcelona and Rome. I was on the 26 September sailing. She is due to finish up at the end of this month and return to the States. The transatlantic crossing is due to depart from Barcelona on the 31st of October.

Sorry I meant 2022 not 2021 in my original post. 

I still can't work out if this is all cruises or just some 😄

Someone suggested perhaps they are moving families to certain areas. 
Those of you impacted, if you received a letter, or were moved, would you mind sharing the following?

• Was your reservation only 1 or 2 adults in the cabin?
  • Does your reservation include children under vaccine age (11 under) 
  • does your reservation include teens 12+
  • Is your reservation during holiday and US school vacations (higher occupancy with families on board)  Nov-Jan,

Trying to make sense of any logic (of course, when have we expected logic?)

Thanks!

Edited by BSocial
Added

2 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Those of you impacted, if you received a letter, or were moved, would you mind sharing the following?

• Is your reservation during holiday and US school vacations (higher occupancy with families on board)  Nov-Jan,

Thanks!

We are 2 adults, one teen, and an unvaxed 10yo, cruising over Thanksgiving on Harmony. We are on deck 6 in an oceanview balcony now. We got the letter Wednesday, but our documents still show the same cabin. I think I have only heard of a couple of people actually being reassigned, though lots of people appear to have gotten the letter.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BSocial said:

1.  2 and 3 people

2.  yes (9 month old)

3.  no

4.  maybe spring break for some (March 27th)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Thanksgiving sailing..3 adults in a hump JS deck 8 originally. Moved 7 doors down to a non-hump that can hold 5+.  We asked our TA to move us to an available deck 6 JS hump.

1 hour ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

Just curious, I went to website just now to do a mock booking for your cruise and there are currently 3 hump cabins still for sale on deck 8 - 2 right beside each other.  Just don't understand if they're doing this to current bookings, why they have cabins next to each other still for sale.

I'm not currently seeing our original cabin as available for booking.  It was never said how they are "socially distancing." Doesn't necessarily translate into having no neighbors.  It's still a poor explanation for displacing people who paid extra to choose their cabin location.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BSocial said:

We have two adults in the cabin, as well as two kids- our vaccinated 13-year-old and unvaccinated 11-year-old (who we are hopeful can be fully vaccinated before the cruise, if the vaccine rollout for his age group is quick enough). Our reservation is for the Dec. 12th 12-night Anthem sailing.

Our chosen cabin is one of the few obstructed balconies that are classified that way due to a slight obstruction by the hull, as opposed to the majority of the cabins in that category that have much more intrusive lifeboat obstructions. I'm concerned that they'll move us into one of those since they are all technically the same category, which would be frustrating since we paid extra to choose our cabin specifically to avoid the ones obstructed by lifeboats and davits. If the hull obstructed cabin hadn't been available, I would have booked a normal balcony from the get-go. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:27 AM, BSocial said:

We received the email for our March 13th sailing on Explorer of the Seas out of San Juan.  This is over my kids' Spring Break week.  We have two rooms booked--a balcony room with one adult and one 16 year old, and an ocean view room next door with one adult and one 17 year old.  Our rooms are at the back of deck 7.  We are all vaccinated.  Our email didn't indicate which room was being moved.  We have not been moved yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sailing on Symphony OTS on 1/15/22, and received the dreaded email. I was booked into Ocean View Balcony 11302, I'm travelling with my husband and kids (12 (vax) and 8 (not yet, but hopefully soon)). We were booked in the room next to my in laws. Our room got moved further aft, but still an Ocean View Balcony. My in-laws room was not impacted.

Edited by starladear13
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reservation for Odyssey of the Seas, March 6.  Received the letter last week that we would be moved.  This morning received new documents showing we were moved from Oceanview on the 3rd floor to Spacious Oceanview on the 9th floor.  

Was your reservation only 1 or 2 adults in the cabin?  2 adults

Does your reservation include children under vaccine age (11 under)   No children

does your reservation include teens 12+   No teens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:27 AM, BSocial said:

Thanks!

2 adults, handicapped accessible that had a connecting door to a regular room

no children

no teens

Symphony of the Seas, January 22

On 10/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, starladear13 said:

I'm sailing on Symphony OTS on 1/15/22, and received the dreaded email. I was booked into Ocean View Balcony 11302, I'm travelling with my husband and kids (12 (vax) and 8 (not yet, but hopefully soon)). We were booked in the room next to my in laws. Our room got moved further aft, but still an Ocean View Balcony. My in-laws room was not impacted.

Was your reservation linked to your in-laws? I'm trying to find out if that makes a difference. We have a cruise in May with good friends and chose our adjoining cabins with care. We also have 3 adjacent cabins booked for December for a family trip (two ultra spacious OV, one balcony). I really hope this is a rare occurrence. Cabin selection/location is very important to us.

Edited by cruisin from florida
Misspelled

On 10/23/2021 at 5:37 AM, cruisin from florida said:

Was your reservation linked to your in-laws? I'm trying to find out if that makes a difference. We have a cruise in May with good friends and chose our adjoining cabins with care. We also have 3 adjacent cabins booked for December for a family trip (two ultra spacious OV, one balcony). I really hope this is a rare occurrence. Cabin selection/location is very important to us.

Yes, our reservations were linked.