Tale of woe

WJBonds

My tale of woe.  Was interested in the LA to Auckland segments of the 2021-22 atw on the Oceania Insignia.   Tried to book a PH cabin 1.5 years ago - told that they were waitlisted and I was #3 on the list.  Told the only availability was a Veranda gty and took that with the understanding I would get the PH if one became available.  1.5 years and still no notice of anything.  Of course I paid in full - right on schedule.
Now we are 10 weeks out.  Are we going?  Where are we going?  What cabin do I have?  No one seems to know.  No one seems to care.  How can I book return air if Oceania won’t tell us the itinerary?

To make matters worse - the Oceania customer service agents are nasty.  Because I booked with a TA they won’t talk to me - they don’t talk to the TA either.

I know that the industry has had a tough year - but so have we, the consumers.  How about a little consideration for us?

I’m v sorry for the OP’s tale of woe. I would just like to point out (not to the OP, but to other readers) that using O’s airfare, even their outrageous bizclass prices, during this period of intense uncertainty would have put all the worry onto O. I expect the price would be fixed at final payment date if not sooner. 
I’m sure several DIY’ers won’t agree with me, and that’s okay. 

• Like 3

sorry about  your tale of woe most cruise lines will not talk to the PAX if you are using a TA 

When you have a GTY you may not know your cabin # until boarding day

I thought  Australia & NZ  were closed  until mid 2022 ?? 

I think this World cruise will have many challenges  during the  covid  uncertainty

JMO

This is one reason I always book O air. We did not know if we were doing a Chile cruise till 2 days prior due to the earthquake-- O looked after everything rerouted us and we de planed on the runway in Santiago as airport building was not safe. Even took us on tour all morning (no charge till it was safe to bring the ship in).

Another trip leaving from Barcelona, we had to leave a day early as there was a planned strike for arrival day. O arranged that & gave us free breakfast & free transport arranged to get to ship. As we fly from Vancouver, Frankfurt and final leg BCN we would not have made it to ship for departure an ocean crossing!

It is not very likely NZ will open up and you will probably get a refund or credit.

GTY are great, have done so many times and you get either booked or better cabin so that is not a worry.

We hope to cruise  with O again but unfortunately not in the near future. Cancelled our 2 BB March cruises as we feel it is still too risky even though we are double vaccinated.

Good luck

I have had a GTY and did not know what one until we arrived at check-in.  

The issue with Australia is it is closed to foreign ships and visitors until mid 2022 according to the Australia government site.  Oceania (and NCL) drag their feet in cancellations as long as they can. 

Thank you to everyone who read my story and especially to those that gave me advice.  But, to be honest, I think many of you missed my point - which was the lack of compassion that Oceania gives to its' consumers.  All they had to do was communicate.  A simple "we don't know" would have been sufficient - but nothing, not a word.

I guess it doesn't matter now.  I believe that my trip has been cancelled.  Hello Regent!

6 hours ago, ORV said:

You do know that they are the same Parent company? They're not going to Auckland either. Good luck with whatever you do. 

We’ve had a few crises canceled on Regent—-right now isn’t happening the way we’re used too.