The Daily for Saturday October 16, 2021

richwmn

Woke up to the sound of fog horn. Looked out foggy and raining washing some of the built up salt off the ship. Had a great meal in Nami Sushi then watched the Alley Cats, a quartet of four men who put on a great performance.

Today Valerie will be giving a lecture on the Panama Canal. Tonight we go back to Canelleto which we always enjoy. The rest of the day may be dictated by the weather.

Off to Pinnacle for some fresh press coffee and breakfast.

Thanks Rich for your faithful post and to all who contribute.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

A great collection of days. I so enjoy using a dictionary.

I like the quote and the meal.

Foggy and misting here this morning.

Back to work.

Wishing you all a happy Saturday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 20

Good morning. I salute the days and will try  the recipe  as soon as I soak and cook my beans. Cats are always celebrated in this house. We have not been to  the  port of the day.

@St.Louis Sal,I am so sorry about your support group friend. 

It is warm and muggy  now  and we expect storms and cooler air later. The family dinner last night was a lot of fun.I got a little teary(with gratitude) when I heard everyone  laughing at one of DH's corny jokes.

Life is an incredible journey  with many twists and turns,right?

Terry

5769.jpeg

• Like 24

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

The family dinner last night was a lot of fun.I got a little teary(with gratitude) when I heard everyone  laughing at one of DH's corny jokes.

Life is an incredible journey  with many twists and turns,right?

Terry

These are the moments that you just cannot put a price on, Terry! You deserve every one of them!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  It seems I'm DH's dictionary - when he's on the computer, he often says "How do you spell (insert word here)?"  Does anybody else remember having to write out a page from the dictionary as a punishment for bad behaviour in class?  Just me?  Okay, then never mind.  LOL

I'd never heard of Sweetest Day, but always try to be kind and compassionate and help others.  Every day  is Cat Day at our house - it seems that Sochi is attached by velcro to my leg now that we're home.  On Thursday night when we got home, she wouldn't stop chatting to us, as if she was saving it all up from the week while we were away.

DH and I got our flu shots yesterday - it was super simple, I just filled out the forms online, we were texted a bar code which we showed at Shopper's Drug Mart, we were seated, jabbed, and done!  No effects this morning; you can't even tell where the injection was.

@St. Louis Sal, I'm saddened for you over the loss of one of your support group friends; hugs to you.  I do hope your transplant friend and family is just super busy with rehab and will find the time to post good news soon.

@travelingbums if you need help clearing your cookies, I'll certainly help by clearing out all the chocolate chip ones.

Neither DH nor I are fans of black bean soup, so will give today's menu suggestion a pass.  I did however, make yesterday's Dijon mustard salmon and it was delicious!  It was ridiculously easy, and by the time I took the potatoes out of the microwave and tossed the salad, it was ready to come out of the oven.  For tonight though, we're going to have pizza, our usual Friday night menu, just a day late.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Clinking the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, be well, wear your masks and be happy!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 20

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@kazuyour fall clean up and stowing away of plants looks like back breaking work.  I'm glad you appreciate the plants so highly which makes it worthwhile. 

it is back breaking work but it had to be done.  Why I decided to keep going 😉 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

But that will make 3 homes in a row across the street from us that will be sold with new neighbors!  Do you think it's us that's the problem?  😄  I hope not!  

I am sure it is NOT you 😉 

33 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

and here is one so the dogs don't fell left out on Global Cat Day

Dogs.jpeg

I love this one.  Actually posted it on FB the other day.  So true 🙂 

• Like 16

I've noticed the past two days I'm being logged out many times a day.  When clicking on Log In there wasn't a log in box popping up.  After several attempts to get a log in box, I've had to close that tab on the laptop and open up CC on a different tab.  When I click on Log In then, there will be a log in box popping up.  That's just the past two days.  Everything was fine on CC, but now we're all having problems again.🤔

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good Saturday Morning!

Beautiful and 81F here in Central Florida this morning.  Thanks to Rich, Roy, the F&B Department and all who contribute here.  Cheers to the congratulatory list and hugs to those on the care list.

We docked in Safaga on January 18, 2011 (Brilliance OTS, Barcelona to Dubai) and took a ship tour to the Valley of the Kings and Luxor.  Let's see if CC lets me post photos 🤞

View from our balcony

IMG_0509.thumb.jpg.069bdf4c14ad5028e9cc0b95686b92a5.jpg

IMG_0510.thumb.jpg.d1b50c5d8f7390413c2b5b81cb16c700.jpg

Along the way

IMG_0519.thumb.jpg.96421b3f38e88fee597bde7ceb7d9e1f.jpg

IMG_0521.thumb.jpg.d651a7731b584e63dcdb718008cfee4a.jpg

Nile River cruise ships docked

DSC00015.thumb.jpg.8874125bfa9980a90aaf803f769e126a.jpg

Valley of the Kings

DSC00027.thumb.jpg.6a33c8143425be06ec62b7866f0cde06.jpg

DSC00031.thumb.jpg.6fd9c1e602319a61768bc66773560fef.jpg

River cruises on the move

DSC00042.thumb.jpg.bd02c7bd66ba043c38fffff302e6d12a.jpg

Will continue with Luxor in next post.

Kay

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Luxor, Egypt

Lunch

IMG_0566.thumb.jpg.ca2feedfc55410827aed0fff0df7cc40.jpg

IMG_0567.thumb.jpg.589016ed06f8049daf96e2f6a937e6fd.jpg

Of course, the local beer 🍻

IMG_0569.thumb.jpg.e77b67dd99eb3eb4c538fdaa46c9c660.jpg

Entering the Karnak Temple

2123801118_DSC00075(3).thumb.jpg.d14203f69ec8c491392f95fcf70895db.jpg

DSC00076.thumb.jpg.e65dade53efffb1973d4a665ee754bfe.jpg

Check out the size of this guy compared to the human.

IMG_0583.thumb.jpg.d7cd308b20c0a97f2e8515cbbb934279.jpg

Writing everywhere -- even on the underside.  What stories they must tell.

DSC00100.thumb.jpg.1e277d18032d4220af0137860508529c.jpg

So many more pictures, just let me say we both thoroughly enjoyed our day in Safaga/Luxor -- especially Luxor and the Karnak Temple.

Kay

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Some good news for today!

I have felt for some time that I was missing some refund / FCC money from HAL. Well, I got someone on the phone Wednesday that promised to look into it and email me, hopefully by the end of the week. I got the email yesterday afternoon and had a chance to look closely at it this morning.

On July 16th HAL refunded a substantial amount back to the gift cards that had been used to pay. That fact was in the email I received, but I wasn't notified that the refund had been made. I checked the card balances and it is there!

Just a few more (little?) things and I will be done with the refund process - I hope - and happy with the result.

• Like 25

Good morning and thanks all!  A special thanks to Kay for the great photos of Luxor.  @kb4683

@St. Louis Sal so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Steve,  and hope your friend with the transplant is doing ok. 

@1ANGELCAT the waiting is the toughest!  Hopefully you’ll know soon.  
@kazu what a ton of work!  Can’t believe fall is here, seems to fly by.  
@ger_77 is Saskatchewan giving the high dose?   I had mine with no ill effects this week  and pneumonia shot last week.  Now just waiting on the booster.

So glad to hear the US land border is finally opening for Canadians. 

Some purple jalapeños,  still waiting on the black pearls🤷‍♀️😂

080900D4-1423-4457-B281-6B2A26B52DEF.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Some good news for today!

I have felt for some time that I was missing some refund / FCC money from HAL. Well, I got someone on the phone Wednesday that promised to look into it and email me, hopefully by the end of the week. I got the email yesterday afternoon and had a chance to look closely at it this morning.

On July 16th HAL refunded a substantial amount back to the gift cards that had been used to pay. That fact was in the email I received, but I wasn't notified that the refund had been made. I checked the card balances and it is there!

Just a few more (little?) things and I will be done with the refund process - I hope - and happy with the result.

Now that is a PLEASANT surprise!  Congrats!

• Like 13

I will likely be very late posting tomorrow.  I am subscribed to 2 series with the Baltimore Symphony.  Last Saturday was an innovation of Maestra Emeritus Marin Alsop called "Off the Cuff" which was a combination of a single work preceded by an introduction of the piece with several brief excerpts included, and then the full work.  It started an hour earlier than the other series and was shorter in duration so I got home fairly early.  Today is a pops concert honoring the music of John Williams and will likely finish about 90 minutes later than last week's program so I'll be home pretty late.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Happy Saturday!  And to those who are the servants of cats, Happy Cat Day.  Where I am living now, I can't have pets, so I just love all the animal pictures and stories!

My favorite dictionary story is when I was quite young.  I would ask how to spell something and my Dad would always say, "Look it up in the dictionary!"  Well, if I didn't know how to spelll it how was that going to help???  Actually it did, because I really got to practice my phonics.

I always think of one very special Cuban restaurant that used to be in Orlando when I think of black bean soup.  They made the best.  That is also where I developed a love of GOOD Cuban sandwiches.  Somehow I have never had a good one since we left Orlando.

Thanks to someone who posted that HAL was making final payment day only 60 days out.  I checked and now my final payment is due December 1, instead of November 1.  With some other expenses I have coming up it means I won't have to hit the savings so hard!

I got my nebulizer and all the new meds came yesterday.  Not sure how it is going to work, since one of the meds can't be used in conjunction with 3 of my bp or heart medications.  I will be talking to the doctor on Monday.  It is no fun to try to figure out medical issues!

There is snow on some of the "mountains" around here.  Naturally none here in the high desert.  But the good news is that we are within 6/10" below of our annual precipitation average.  

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 16