Big announcement coming?

toad455

17 hours ago, brad_p said:

Stateroom 1100 would have been the first to go I'm assuming - would be a great room to have for the JS price.

Having sailed in that room before, I can't recall the aft of the windjammer causing any noise early in the morning. Not many people venture that far aft.

Above 1100, including the rest of the aft cabins on deck 10, is the outdoor seating for the Windjammer. You never here the staff making any noise.....it's the people too lazy to lift their chairs. Scrapping them across the deck.

It actually starts around 5am. Who gets up that early!!😳

The cabin itself is probably the best on the ship. Views are incredible! We did 28 nights in 1100 on Jewel a few years ago.

19 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Above 1100, including the rest of the aft cabins on deck 10, is the outdoor seating for the Windjammer. You never here the staff making any noise.....it's the people too lazy to lift their chairs. Scrapping them across the deck.

It actually starts around 5am. Who gets up that early!!😳

The cabin itself is probably the best on the ship. Views are incredible! We did 28 nights in 1100 on Jewel a few years ago.

Did you end up booking the world cruise?  If so, hope you snagged your favorite cabin!  🙂 

1 hour ago, cruisin from florida said:

Instead of another cruise leg, we're doing 7-10 days in Australia before the cruise. Are you on the meet and mingle for all three cruises? I'm so hoping that it actually happens this time!

I haven’t signed up yet, since I moved them to 2023. Figured I had plenty of time. I’m on all the Roll Calls. They are pretty quiet right now, but several people have also moved them. I can’t believe I originally booked the Japan and TP leg back in 2019, and now they are in 2023. I’m sure hoping they go.

@Merion_Momthanks for the link on your Mariner cruise. So far I’ve read up to Rio. Too bad about the photos though. Sounds like you were having a wonderful time. Congrats on winning the trivia

Would you do a long cruise again? I’m just getting into long cruises, so far 14 nights is the longest. So far I’ve book 140+ nights for 2022 but in chunks, 6 weeks is the longest but I’m ship hopping (Jewel, Oasis, Odyssey, and back to Jewel)

Here's an interesting wrinkle:

Q

If I achieve a new Crown & Anchor Society status during my Ultimate World Cruise, will I receive my new benefits?

A

Exclusively for our Ultimate World Cruise and the individual Expeditions, Crown and Anchor guests will enjoy new tier status and tier benefits on the day of achievement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SummerBeee said:

@Merion_Momthanks for the link on your Mariner cruise. So far I’ve read up to Rio. Too bad about the photos though. Sounds like you were having a wonderful time. Congrats on winning the trivia

Would you do a long cruise again? I’m just getting into long cruises, so far 14 nights is the longest. So far I’ve book 140+ nights for 2022 but in chunks, 6 weeks is the longest but I’m ship hopping (Jewel, Oasis, Odyssey, and back to Jewel)

I am glad that you are enjoying it.

I refer to that cruise as my "cruise of a lifetime".  Then my cabinmate and I from the Mariner cruise went on our "second cruise of a lifetime", 52 nights on the Radiance to Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia, transPacific, and Hawaii.  (then I stayed on for Alaska)

We then booked our THIRD "cruise of a lifetime" on the Ovation from Singapore to Alaska, over the northern route. Unfortunately, this was cancelled because of the pandemic.

We are now contemplating doing part of this Serenade cruise.  We're on a roll.  😉 

• Like 4

On 10/20/2021 at 4:31 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Are that many people willing to put out an $8000pp deposit...JS and below.....that is NON-REFUNDABLE? 

Does it say that the entire deposit is not refundable?

Normally, no matter how much the deposit is, only $100 per person is not actually refunded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

From the RCI website. 

World Cruise non-refundable.JPG

Again, that does not say the whole deposit is non-refundable.

All full suites have been non-refundable for several years, but only $100 per person is actually not refunded.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SRF said:

Again, that does not say the whole deposit is non-refundable.

All full suites have been non-refundable for several years, but only $100 per person is actually not refunded.

Crystal Ball says:  "You don't cruise, you lose."

crystal ball.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SummerBeee said:

@Merion_MomI booked the whole thing today. Hopefully we will meet if you decide to do a segment 

Booked the entire cruise as well, retirement gift to myself and my "moderately" younger husband.  This itinerary blows me away and as it spends so much time in China, and he is Chinese born and raised, no tour guide for me, I got my own!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Booked the entire cruise as well, retirement gift to myself and my "moderately" younger husband.  This itinerary blows me away and as it spends so much time in China, and he is Chinese born and raised, no tour guide for me, I got my own!  

That’s awesome!
The itinerary IS amazing. Besides the Caribbean and Ireland these will be all new for me. Would love tips on China as we get closer. 778 days to go

On 10/21/2021 at 10:33 PM, Beachammo said:

No....

It's way too long. Trying to talk the wife into doing the first leg.

Yeah, me too.  The first two legs would have been perfect...but we are already doing almost a duplicate on Radiance early 2023..so that eliminates the 2nd leg for us.   3rd and 4th...not interested in.  

First leg...if anything decent is still available by "sometime" in December would be just right for us.  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 9:50 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I am glad that you are enjoying it.

I refer to that cruise as my "cruise of a lifetime".  Then my cabinmate and I from the Mariner cruise went on our "second cruise of a lifetime", 52 nights on the Radiance to Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia, transPacific, and Hawaii.  (then I stayed on for Alaska)

We then booked our THIRD "cruise of a lifetime" on the Ovation from Singapore to Alaska, over the northern route. Unfortunately, this was cancelled because of the pandemic.

We are now contemplating doing part of this Serenade cruise.  We're on a roll.  😉 

Which part/parts?   🙂