The Daily for Wednesday October 20, 2021

richwmn

A quick check in...

It seems we have gotten past the worst of it. Let's hope. DD is very tired and congested. DSIL has the cough, is weak and had back pains today. He still has no sense of taste or smell. No fevers for a few days now and both are able to eat.

Our little Leo has been so very good. A little weepy at times but no crying or fits. A very active two year old keeping me moving.

A big salute to chefs and waiters. I love beets, so I'd try today's meal. Love the quote. Another port I've actually been to and is part of our December itinerary on NA, although we will most likely stay on the ship.

Welcome home to those who have returned from cruises/trips and I continue to pray for those on our care list.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Thank you. The aide stayed with Sam all night in the hospital, more than making up for his sneaky behavior the other day.

❤️ With all the advice given by all of us with the best of intentions, in the end you know him best. At work they used to call these things ‘Learning Opportunities ’.

• Like 11

Maybe I'm over optimistic but I'm feeling fairly good.  My impressive is that radiology is not as difficult as chemo, and I'm hopeful for a relatively minor course.  My PSA has been rising but not particularly alarmingly.  My last visit it was 1.07 and we had talked about needing to do something when it got to 4, so this is EARLY intervention.  I think what brought this on is the relatively new diagnostic technology to identify what has probably been there for many years,  and a result of improved diagnosis rather than a significant decline in my condition.  I see the radiologist November 17.

If all goes well there's a good chance I'll get a break from the hormone therapy I've been getting for at least 10 years.

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

@rafinmd  Thank you for the explanation.  It sure sets a person's mind at ease as we all wish the best of the best for our Roy.

@mamaofami Thank you for giving us the good side of your new aide.  It was great he spent the night at the hospital with Sam.   

@JAM37 I'm glad to hear that things are beginning to look up even though it sounds like DD and DSIL are still pretty sick.  It was wonderful that you and your DH took the little guy so they could concentrate on getting well.  

@Horizon chaser 1957 I also found your Etsy shop.  Nice stuff but I'll bet there isn't much left!

I didn't make the beet reuben today, although I was tempted.  Instead I made a big pot of Muzzy's Spicy 7 bean soup.  Except I used 13 types of beans and I threw in the seasoning package and added 2 cups of Cabernet Sauvignon and some extra red pepper flakes.   Mom's recipe was the base.  I just expanded things a bit.  It was sooooo good.

I hope I don't ruin things, but the PC has been working on Chrome for over 24 hours now.  Apparently the poison cookie I got has expired.   Edge still isn't working, so it must still have the poison cookie even though I have deleted them all.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for all the daily news, 6 pages, a busy thread.  Appreciate seeing the photos of the destination as we have not visited. 

Welcome home  to @Cruising-along and @VMax1700.

@durangoscots safe travelling.

@rafinmd Roy, thanks for reporting the result of your appointment today. radiotherapy is a good option, more precise than it used to be.

Bon Voyage to all sailing on the Rotterdam.

The daily number of delta cases continues to rise, 94 In Auckland and 8 in the Waikato.

A sunny afternoon but only 11 C,

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, richwmn said:

Ships with Passengers

Amsterdam NL

Rotterdam depart 17:00

At Sea Caribbean

Nieuw Amsterdam destination HMC 00:00 - 24:00

Mazatlan

Koningsdam Sinaloa, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 17:00

Zadar, Croatia

Eurodam 06:00 - 15:00

Four BHBs with passengers! 👏

(Can’t wait to sail on the Rotterdam next July. 🙂)

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 8