Big Announcement IS a World Cruise departing from Miami

molly361

7 minutes ago, Jax129 said:

If we didn't have cats & had the extra money I would do this in a heartbeat

We lost our precious fur babies 3 years ago, both to cancer.   

Decided not to get two more, instead to finally get to take those longer trips/cruises.  Then Covid hit.  😮 

• Like 1

Being a calendar geek for a minute, because the ship sails westward, it may arrive 274 days after departure, but people on the ship will only experience 273 days. (you know somebody will sue over this.) Between Tahiti and New Zealand, the ship will have to skip a day. The cool thing is that transit takes place Feb/Mar 2024 and they could choose to skip Feb 29. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Double wide!

Actually. No.  Just a brand new construction, modest little 1280 sq ft 3br 2ba ranch style bank foreclosure that was built very energy efficient, that has since about tripled in value.     Its not much but its plenty for a disabled man and his dog.    You couldnt have framed it even back then for what I bought it for.  

241538094_10219467418291760_5466634975904962495_n.jpg

Edited by ryano
  • Like 18

22 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

I doubt it, there aren't 2,500 people that would do the entire cruise, it's the reason why they are announcing the separate prices for the 4 legs.

Agree.  

The separate leg pricing, however, does not come out until December, ........when they release the separate legs for available booking.  

4 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the full 274 day journey is sold out, or at least close to it before the four segment prices are even announced. 

I originally thought so as well.  But I have not read one single post from any of our members on all 3 threads going on....of whom have stated they have done so.  😮 

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I've read that bookings for the entire event are very strong.

That is what the rep on the phone told me as well.  Though I still have not read anyone on here that has booked.  😮   Maybe CC members are either very quiet about it...or are waiting for the individual legs?  

I love the first leg itinerary....but if sold out...eh,...there are plenty of other lines out there doing close to

the same thing.  😉 

• Like 1

Just now, RFerrington said:

Yeah, me too.  That one sounds so awesome.  Of course, they all do....

Love the second leg as well, but we are already doing the Aussie/NZ/South Pacific islands/TP to Hawaii first part of 2023.  And actually like the idea of splitting it up that way.  🙂 

No interest for us in legs 3 & 4.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the full 274 day journey is sold out, or at least close to it before the four segment prices are even announced. 

I may be totally off base, but it seems to me the people willing to spend $60-120k on a cruise aren’t “RCI people.”

Edited by zekekelso
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I may be totally off base, but it seems to me the people willing to spend $60-120k on a cruise aren’t “RCI people.”

Yup. That is ultimately the question.

But I also think most people that would spend that kind of money and have that much time are not the kind of folks that would be talking about it on the internet. 

• Like 4

WE were very interested until we had our TA  call yesterday for the prices.  A GS was 182,000 per person and the OS was 209,000 per person, plus about 9000 in port taxes for two people, but of course if you pay early you can get  a 10% discount. We have taken one world cruise and are booked on two others we would have cancelled but these prices are way too much. We only travel in suites and do like the OS cabin but 400,000 is a bit much especially when you add in all the other costs like the shore excursions for that many ports and the dry cleaning and ironing fees and all the other incidentals. AND a non refundable 16,000.00 deposit for something that far off??? NO WAY!!!! I do think they will do a good job, but ... It will be real interesting to see how soon it sales out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was younger and working (still am) I dreamed of a world cruise - but now when we could manage the time ... (our longest cruise to date is 60 days and we loved it) the cost of medical travel insurance for that length of a cruise makes it unrealistic...  so will stick with shorter 30 - 60 day cruises... also I find that when I really study a world crusie itinerary the times in ports are often too short to really enjoy the port and the longer stays are generally in ports we have already visited 

So although I love the idea will give it a miss for now...

But thank you Royal for bringing back a World Crusie Itinerary

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CruiseBride926 said:

If this something still offered when my husband retires we will definitely consider. That gives us about 25 years to save up 😂

I just said I can do this in 25 years when I retire if I start saving now, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I've read that bookings for the entire event are very strong.

I  thought bookings just opened up today.

I have read/heard that bookings have been strong ever since cruising has started back up, even in a limited capacity. If the numbers being reported, many of the cruises have sailed with much lower capacity than the 50% that was supposedly the magic number. Also, some have sailed with many more crew than paying guests.

If I was closer to retirement, I'd be all over this. Add me to the list that hopes that Royal does this annually, or at least every other year or so.

So here's another way to think about this.

I mentioned this to my dad, and while he's never had any desire to go on a cruise on ships even this large (they've only done smaller ones), my parents called me back later and they are seriously thinking about it. At this point in their lives, the simple logistics of travelling to some of these places by plane and arranging hotels is just not something they are all that willing to do, and the time they'd need to invest in travelling to those places on separate, independent trips would take much longer than they realistically have left for travelling well anyway.😄 And quite frankly there's a number of places/sites listed on this cruise that they'd love to see without actually visiting the country as a whole.

• Like 4