Big Announcement IS a World Cruise departing from Miami

molly361

27 minutes ago, 737MAX8 said:

How many cruise points is this worth? Does it count as 4 back to backs? 😂

Brb getting multiple extra passport pages ready...

It's simple arithmetic. One point per night.  One additional point per night if in a suite (JS or above).  One additional point per night if solo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ryano said:

Actually. No.  Just a brand new construction, modest little 1280 sq ft 3br 2ba ranch style bank foreclosure that was built very energy efficient, that has since about tripled in value.     Its not much but its plenty for a disabled man and his dog.    You couldnt have framed it even back then for what I bought it for.  

241538094_10219467418291760_5466634975904962495_n.jpg

Well done!  Sorry if I offended, was just fooling around, sounds ideal.

• Like 1

I much prefer a long cruise to a short one... I consider anything under 14 days too short...  

If I have to fly somewhere to get on the ship I want to make the flight worthwhile thus the idea of a longer crusie... My longest to date was 60 days and absolutely loved every second of it...  

Wish they would offer that itinerary again (it was a one off itinerary) as I would repeat it in a heart beat...

• Like 1

Here is an interesting wrinkle:  

Q

If I achieve a new Crown & Anchor Society status during my Ultimate World Cruise, will I receive my new benefits?

A

Exclusively for our Ultimate World Cruise and the individual Expeditions, Crown and Anchor guests will enjoy new tier status and tier benefits on the day of achievement.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, island lady said:

I originally thought so as well.  But I have not read one single post from any of our members on all 3 threads going on....of whom have stated they have done so.  😮 

Then you are looking at the wrong threads. Some have booked the entire cruise all ready.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:49 PM, Robo1098 said:

What I don't understand is how this is big news? This appeals to a tiny percentage of the typical cruisers. Less that 2500 people for a nine month cruise. Interesting and maybe a dream for some but hardly big news. 

Can you imagine how sick you would be of the seven day rotating menu you would be. LOL

I don't know how the menus will be set up,  but I will say with confidence that there won't  be   a 7 night rotating menu.   On our longer cruises,  we've had  a different menu rotation.  One 15 night cruise had a different menu each night. 

m

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 10:12 AM, AustinCruise said:

But I also think most people that would spend that kind of money and have that much time are not the kind of folks that would be talking about it on the internet. 

Perhaps as the old saying goes, "if you have to ask what it costs, you probably can't afford it". Not necessarily true of course. 

• Like 1

As I just replied on another part of CC that is discussing this, how do people who go on a trip of this length (or even a100+ days) manage everything? Unless you have someone to live in your house - or at least closely oversee things - take in mail, etc. (BTW what about typical 90-day prescriptions and other meds?)...how does one do this? If you have pets, plants, or other things that take routine care....again...I just have a hard time comprehending the logistics of a trip like this. I'm afraid I'd be worried about what's going on at home too much.  One's living situation should be as uncomplicated and devoid of as many of the usual home ownership responsibilites as possible  - then at some point you close the door and off you go I suppose. A 55+ community perhaps where there is no yard work and so forth would be the best option. I've often considered these World cruises, but just can't reconcile it as being practical for so many reasons. Maybe some day if having downsized to more of the type of situation I refer to above. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

As I just replied on another part of CC that is discussing this, how do people who go on a trip of this length (or even a100+ days) manage everything? Unless you have someone to live in your house - or at least closely oversee things - take in mail, etc. (BTW what about typical 90-day prescriptions and other meds?)...how does one do this? If you have pets, plants, or other things that take routine care....again...I just have a hard time comprehending the logistics of a trip like this. I'm afraid I'd be worried about what's going on at home too much.  One's living situation should be as uncomplicated and devoid of as many of the usual home ownership responsibilites as possible  - then at some point you close the door and off you go I suppose. A 55+ community perhaps where there is no yard work and so forth would be the best option. I've often considered these World cruises, but just can't reconcile it as being practical for so many reasons. Maybe some day if having downsized to more of the type of situation I refer to above. 

We live in a 55+ community, in Arizona, and we have yard work. We don’t have grass but we do have trees and shrubs. In the summertime the shrubs grow like weeds and need trimming every couple of months. If you don’t keep them in standards designated by the homeowner’s association, you get a nasty gram giving you thirty days to get in compliance or they will send someone out to do it and they charge much more than doing it yourself or hiring one of the many landscaping people in the area, at your expense. If you don’t pay it will be added to your file and can’t sell until you do. This was explained to us when we built in 2001. We know of no one who had this happen.

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

As I just replied on another part of CC that is discussing this, how do people who go on a trip of this length (or even a100+ days) manage everything? Unless you have someone to live in your house - or at least closely oversee things - take in mail, etc. (BTW what about typical 90-day prescriptions and other meds?)...how does one do this? If you have pets, plants, or other things that take routine care....again...I just have a hard time comprehending the logistics of a trip like this. 

We try to travel for 4-5 months at a time and we have engaged house-sitters 3 times to take care of pets and home. 

Take extra prescriptions with you - pharmacies can fill them as you travel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

If you don’t keep them in standards designated by the homeowner’s association, you get a nasty gram giving you thirty days to get in compliance or they will send someone out to do it and they charge much more than doing it yourself

I know some of what you speak, because my aunt is in a similar community. Very strict rules about what you can or can't do. 

Apparently the world cruise is 70% sold out already and yes taht is for the full 274 days... they will only release segment sales in December if there are any cabins left...

Also I understand all the top tier suites are already gone with non refundable deposits...

5 hours ago, BCHappyGal said:

Apparently the world cruise is 70% sold out already and yes taht is for the full 274 days... they will only release segment sales in December if there are any cabins left...

Also I understand all the top tier suites are already gone with non refundable deposits...

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Mentioned on the RCG earnings call today.

But how many will back out during the 14 day deposit window🤔

• Like 2