The Daily for Friday October 22, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Nut Day, Clean up the World Day, and Smart is Cool Day

You don't have to be the Dalai Lama to tell people that life's about change. - John Cleese

Meal suggestion for today - Slow-Cooker Corned Beef & Hash

Drink of the Day - Bourbon Lancer

Wine of the day - Los Riscos Merlot - Chile - Red

Destination of the Day - Huatulco Mexico

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam Destination San Diego 00:00 - 24:00

Half Moon Cay

Nieuw Amsterdam Bahamas 00:00 - 15:00

Kerkira, Nisos Kerkira (Corfu)

Eurodam 08:00 – 17:00

Le Harve (Paris)

Rotterdam France 08:00 - 20:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific

Noordam Destination Los Angeles CA US eta 10/30

Westerdam Destination Puerto Vallarta MX eta 10/23

Corfu GR

Volendam

Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay

Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX

Zuiderdam Anchorage

Rotterdam NL Oosterdam

1022Europe.thumb.png.22e0fe10919cb0d5746439231e60eab4.png

1022NAmerica.thumb.png.6dec65eac772a3b81be90d68947523a5.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.  Happy Friday!

An interesting collection of days.  I love nuts (the kind you eat😁).  Smart is cool!  Everyday should be clean up day.

Very good quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  I love all 3 of these days and enjoy a handful of nuts daily.  Cleese's statement is spot on.  Been to Huatulco twice, both times on Crystal Symphony.  The meal sounds nice but I think I'll pass.  My alternative is Chilled Peach and Ginger Soup, Spice Crusted Prime Rib, and Apricot Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 22, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/dishes22.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP Colin Powell
RIP FF Pierre Lacroix
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
1Angelcat awaotomg biopsy
ger_77 losing friend and cousin’s father
Quartzite cruiser losing long term neighbor and friend
cunorl’s (lymphona) and DH’s (stroke) sisters
Covid in JAM37's family
Mr. Boston temporary crown
From the rotation:
NextOne  DDIL with long haul Covid
Grapau27 awaiting MOHS surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts

4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Vict0riann, sailingdutchy/ Lady President// and Gail& Marty  at sea
durangoscots at a dog show
Lady Hudson at sea(Oasis OTS)
New chair for StLouisSal
Additional booster options approved
cunorl’s sister with great treatment resources
a new photo of baby Camila
Eurodam reunited with Volendam and Zaandam
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for the daily report.  I enjoy a handful of mixed nuts most days.  The world could use a good scrubbing in places.  Smart is always cool, hooray for smart.  Spot on quote by John Cleese.  Will pass on the meal suggestion today.  I haven’t been to today’s port so I’ll visit it through today’s photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and cheers to those of you celebrating a happy event.

• Like 23

Thanks Rich. We attended the Mariners Reception last night which was well attended. Drinks and appetizers flowed. It was held outdoors at the retreat behind the cabanas.Main discussion among fellow Mariners was how perfect this cruise was. 

Officers eat breakfast and lunch in the Tamarind. There is a section in Lido for staff and officers at night.

We enjoyed our last meal in MDR last night. Our last night will be in Pinnacle. 

Plan of the day is breakfast followed by packing then go to Half Moon.

The ship did not stay at Half Moon but went back to sea and did a loop and some drifting.

Have a great day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

It is sunny and 60°F.

I eat lots of Almonds, Walnuts and Brazil nuts.

World clean up day is very important and everyone should do their best to keep the world tidy and free from plastic waste.

Smart is cool.

Interesting food and drink.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who need them.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 22

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  I love all 3 of these days and enjoy a handful of nuts daily.  Cleese's statement is spot on.  Been to Huatulco twice, both times on Crystal Symphony.  The meal sounds nice but I think I'll pass.  My alternative is Chilled Peach and Ginger Soup, Spice Crusted Prime Rib, and Apricot Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 22, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/dishes22.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP Colin Powell
RIP FF Pierre Lacroix
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
1Angelcat awaotomg biopsy
ger_77 losing friend and cousin’s father
Quartzite cruiser losing long term neighbor and friend
cunorl’s (lymphona) and DH’s (stroke) sisters
Covid in JAM37's family
Mr. Boston temporary crown
From the rotation:
NextOne  DDIL with long haul Covid
Grapau27 awaiting MOHS surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts

4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Vict0riann, sailingdutchy/ Lady President// and Gail& Marty  at sea
durangoscots at a dog show
Lady Hudson at sea(Oasis OTS)
New chair for StLouisSal
Additional booster options approved
cunorl’s sister with great treatment resources
a new photo of baby Camila
Eurodam reunited with Volendam and Zaandam
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for the lists Roy and also for adding me to the rotation.

Graham.

• Like 12

Good morning all!

Having an early morning here; getting used to riding into my family room in the new wheelchair. Has good points and bad points and some interesting bells and whistles (headlights!). 

I love nuts. Some people think I’m nuts 🤷‍♀️. There isn’t a broom big enough to clean up the world. These days people seem to prefer people who aren’t smart; what’s that about? I have always gotten a kick out of John Cleese. 

I don’t dislike corned beef and hash, but I think I’ll skip it. The drink-have to see how it’s made. Chile has some good reds.

I have been to Huatulco, but I don’t have pictures on my IPad. I once bought a paper sack of coffee beans from a little boy in the street there and they turned out to be some of the best I ever ground and brewed. 

DH has a dentist appointment today and I need to sit at my desk and catch up on bills and a few other things. Yeah, not much fun today.

Yesterday was fun as my oldest DD and I went to the Missouri History Museum for lunch and to see two exhibits-Beyond the Ballot (which highlights not only the women’s suffrage movement in St Louis, but the important contributions of women to the history of St Louis) and The Sounds of St Louis (music in my city from Josephine Baker to Scott Joplin to Tina Turner to Nelly). 

Prayers for all on our concerns list 🙏. And raising a glass to celebrate with everyone 🍷

Take care,

St Louis Sal

• Like 28

Drink of the Day:

Bourbon Lancer:

The Bourbon lancer is a type of cocktail made by mixing Bourbon whiskey with Champagne. These are mixed with bitters and served on the rocks. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 16 parts Champagne, 3 dashes Angostura bitters, 9 parts Bourbon
Preparation: Build over ice; stir. Garnish with twist of lemon peel.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lemon peel
Drinkware: Highball glass

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 7.31.43 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting, I like a good corned beef and hash.  I’ll wait for @dfish to see if it’s something I could make.  Today is going to be a very busy day with work, one of my customers blew up overnight and I see a string of emails that I need to review along with at least one meeting.  I hope everyone has a good Friday.

• Like 22

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Happy Friday everyone!

Yesterday we completed our check in for our December 5 cruise on the Koningsdam. I was curious as to what Boarding Group we would be in with the restart. Yes, we are like those who try to board before noon.  Happily we are in Group B which is 1:20 pm. I am content with that.

We went for our annual flu shot yesterday, and today we will do early voting. Once we get Sam's rabies vaccination in early November, it should be smooth sailing until our cruise!  🙂

• Like 23

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Quite the combo of days! I will focus on Clean Up the World Day. We all need to pitch in.

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy! Morning Dailyite family! @DeeniEncinitas, hope you are all doing well out there! Miss you. 
Pass on the meal. I might try a sip of the drink du jour. I like a nice bourbon. 

Mani-pedi for me today. Not sure what else. Need to do some gardening and replace one of my gutter water diverters. Bindi walks for sure. Our weather has been spectacular. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Los Riscos Merlot 
Today’s wine may not be easy to find, but it has good-very good consumer ratings and a very reasonable price tag. One consumer stated that this wine needs to breath!  Several online distributors with prices starting at $9.99. One site stated they could only find the 2020 vintage.

Winemaker notes

Bright ruby-red colour and pink highlights. Expressive notes of cassis with a hint of mint. The palate displays red cherries and plums, developing a medium body with soft tannins and gentleness.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Good morning  everyone. Just thinking about John Cleese makes me want to laugh.I love all kinds of nuts.Even though one half of me us Irish I have always  heartily  disliked corned beef so I will pass on the meal.

My elderly Subaru is diagnosed  with transmission  wire problems and we await the parts.I was able to borrow DSIL's car to perform transport  chores today. It is a busy day with 2 appointments  for Tana.

I have not been to the port and look forward to pictures. 

Terry

• Like 24

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our TGIF smile 🙂 

Good collection of days - especially for cleaning up the world and recognizing smart is cool 🙂 

Love the Cleese quote!  And love corned beef.  I think tonight though it may be pizza to go with this rainy weather.  I’ll decide later.

@bdrcolea very happy birthday to you 🎂 🥂 

Other than one urn that is being repaired, I have all my pots and planters in the shed 👍 Thank heavens I took a picture last year so I could remember how I pulled it off 😉   Just a few supports and stuff that goes in the benches to do and the bulbs.  Hoping the begonias are dry enough today to start doing them.

It’s warmed up (yay) but sadly it’s raining so it’s hard to take advantage of it.

FFF85A07-56E7-4F3B-BF89-0A7AC1A8590E.jpeg.0385f6243bbebb72745115ec4d4045f9.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!!!

4C0AA74C-37F7-4B44-9A02-43D15317FF23.jpeg.a74e14a4dd048f08bb8a68e390693e39.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good morning, everyone.  

I slept like a rock last night.   All those tornados last night produced the right atmospheric pressure for sleeping, I guess.  We had three confirmed touchdowns.  Two were about 6 miles north of me and the other one was further away.  Today is supposed to start out rainy and then clear up, but remain chilly with highs in the 50s.  That's ok!  I like sweater weather.

Today's drink sounds like it is worth a try.   And so does the wine.  Normally I prefer white wine, but I bought a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon to put some in the bean soup I made and then I finished off the rest of the bottle.  It was really good.  I'll have to get more of that!  I love nuts, but almonds don't like me.  I stay away from them because of the high oxalate levels and my tendency towards kidney stones.   Let's clean up everyday!   I try to do one household chore a day so that I'm not spending an entire day cleaning.   And, yes, smart is good.  

Today's meal is one I generally like.  I've never made corned beef hash myself.  The last time I had it was on a BHB in Alaska last September!

This first recipe is one that is a little chunky.  You can chop ingredients smaller if you wish.  

https://slowcookingperfected.com/slow-cooker-corned-beef-hash/

2076797565_Slow-Cooker-Corned-beef-Hash-v10(1).jpg.27373f6964fa37bc89676c7100f190fd.jpg

It was very hard to find recipes for the slow cooker, so I defaulted to just corned beef hash.   Most of the recipes I found called for using canned corned beef.  I guess that could be ok, if you want it shredded and processed.   

Here's a regular corned beef recipe that looks pretty good.   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216981/deluxe-corned-beef-hash/

198935949_Cornedbeefhash.jpg.c0a3bd17014f76e4244d583cbfc0f977.jpg

And one more:   https://damndelicious.net/2015/03/16/corned-beef-hash/

1308608860_Cornedbeefhash2.thumb.jpg.27ea4096abbf129b9b176daf8844f721.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9