The Daily for Friday October 22, 2021

richwmn

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Things heated up today.  My PSA was higher than expected and I touched base with my Oncologist to see if the radiation consult should be moved up.  This morning I got a call from the radiologist and I now see him October 29 instead of November 17.  Filled in a lot of pre-meeting paperwork today.

Roy

Hope all shall be well! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Things heated up today.  My PSA was higher than expected and I touched base with my Oncologist to see if the radiation consult should be moved up.  This morning I got a call from the radiologist and I now see him October 29 instead of November 17.  Filled in a lot of pre-meeting paperwork today.

Roy

Roy, sorry to hear that the PSA was higher than expected.   The good news is you seethe radiologist a lot sooner.  Sending good thoughts the radiation starts soon and takes care of the problem without nasty side effects.

Lenda 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the daily news, photos and humour.

@bdrcoleHappy Birthday, your lovely cat knows that the new chair is comfortable.

We have been to Huatulco, on the Statendam 2009., San Diego to Fort Lauderdale return to San Diego, 28 splendid days.  We stayed at a hotel opposite the pier in San Diego so that we could wake early to watch the ship arrive on 30th October,  she was late, arriving into port at 8.15 am,  disembarkation was delayed until 1100 am , boarding was delayed until 1 pm.  During that cruise there were three different Captains, Harm-Jan Arnold, Acting Captain Paul Spaas, then Captain John Mercer.

@rafinmd sorry that your  PSA is elevated, but good that you can now see the Radiologist on the 29th.

It's another pleasant sunny spring day, temperature 18 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I had pretty much the same side effects as I did with the first 2 -- some headaches, and mild flu-like symptoms for a few days (just as I do with any vaccine).

I will be prepared.  I get my booster on Sunday afternoon.   Originally I had it scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, but I have to drive to Columbus on Wednesday and decided that probably wasn't a smart arrangement.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Ouch!   I am glad you were able to move up your appointment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Sooner is better than later.  I wish you well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

CC is being particularly ornery today. I’ve been using Chrome for a long time. CC usually works on my phone and iPad at the same time but sometimes lately it would be one or the other. 

Today on both devices CC didn’t exist. Tried clearing history but still could not reach the site. So I switched back to Safari. After a few hours tried Chrome again and CC is back. Go figure. 

• Like 7

Thank you for the welcomes.

As with all professionals, not all teachers are equal, but burnout is definitely a problem with dedicated teachers.
I am retired, and only occasionally work as a substitute,  but those I know whom are still active in the profession, cannot wait to retire.

So many feel that they have no time in their days for actual teaching, and that they have no control over what lessons are important. .

Sadly, those with no educational background, make the decisions nowadays.

And from first hand knowledge, Covid breakthroughs have been a problem for classroom teachers, although that is not what we generally hear.

Sorry for the rant! Teaching really  is a noble and rewarding profession!

• Like 10

On 10/22/2021 at 9:31 PM, rafinmd said:

Roy

that doesn’t sound good 😔 but on the other hand getting it moved up sounds good to me.  Prayers for you always, Roy 🙏🏻 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, trivia addict said:

Thank you for the welcomes.

As with all professionals, not all teachers are equal, but burnout is definitely a problem with dedicated teachers.
I am retired, and only occasionally work as a substitute,  but those I know whom are still active in the profession, cannot wait to retire.

So many feel that they have no time in their days for actual teaching, and that they have no control over what lessons are important. .

Sadly, those with no educational background, make the decisions nowadays.

And from first hand knowledge, Covid breakthroughs have been a problem for classroom teachers, although that is not what we generally hear.

Sorry for the rant! Teaching really  is a noble and rewarding profession!

Thank you for your service. I taught for over 20 years prior to becoming a minister.

Teaching during Covid-19 protocols adds some interesting layers to the profession. A couple of students in our town saw one of their teachers in a restaurant this week. After two months of only seeing her with a mask on in class, one of the students commented, "So that is what she looks like!"

A lot is lost with only eye expressions and not being able to observe the entire face during conversations.

• Like 5