The Daily for Friday October 22, 2021

richwmn

Good morning friends!  I heard some thunder overnight so I guess we got a little rain.  Today wasn't a gym day because the M-W-F group shows up and one couple ties up four machines for 30 minutes.  Frustrating for the rest of us.  We'll go tomorrow.  

DH tells me he's calling the dentist this morning because it seems a bit of a filling fell out overnight in the tooth next to the extraction.  That will need repaired and he may have changed his game plan for that area after his socket heals.  It may require implants.  Teeth are important so whatever works best!

Meanwhile DH noticed a spot on my lower back above the waistline that he thinks our dermatologist should look at.  We both have an appointment with her in a month so I will definitely ask her to have that area thoroughly investigated.  I had melanoma 20 years ago on my upper back so I don't take any chances.  

Nuts are great and healthy too.  What's not to like?  Clean up the world is a good idea.  I try to do my part in keeping it clean and safe.  Smart is very cool!  Did you hear some people want to end gifted programs for our advanced students?  Not fair to others?  Please, spare me!  The gifted program was very helpful to my son as a child.  Those students need to keep advancing not lag behind their abilities.  Interesting quote.  And no hash for me if you don't mind.  Prayers for our folks in need and cheers for those celebrating!  I'm happy to see the photo of the Volendam and Zaandam sitting side by side in Corfu.  Those two ships are my next two HAL "rides" in 2022 and 2023.  

Leave it to @cat shepardto remember a birthday!  Happy birthday to @bdrcole!!

We visited Huatulco, Mexico on our 2016 Westerdam Panama Canal cruise.  In my photo book of that cruise I referred to it as a real gem.  The area where the ships dock is developed for tourists and is near the town of La Crucecita.  We enjoyed all the shops, visiting the church and a restaurant for DH's beer.  But we also walked to the town center of La Crucecita.  I'll post the photos separately.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Huatulco beach area with outdoor seating at restaurants.  Perfect calm spot for a dip to cool off.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAqz_sAhHKIOJS2Cj7MHJQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143685

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyJvp7_kgAcnjev02LAcUV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143689

I would guess these units are rentals for vacationers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID-OxKkHK0hrKhSVLgJ5U7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143714

Speaking of clean up the world, this place was kept very clean.  A really nice spot to shop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnfuQRDBxRPX6WOOiu4adm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk90TPM2ZXmHoo7e5Bsthp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143762

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJD-irc6t71VlvLpO2GUr7r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143767

It was miles to La Crucecita but that's how we keep the pounds off on our cruises.  Off we went!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn2-RxeM9Hf5EH3k3-AY_d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143780

I would estimate it took us 40 minutes to walk there.  The town was busy and clean.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaKhiR0otLEew6UuSaZekN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143829

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBmkAbN-F3Sm0ykZWL8LvV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143844

Lots of nice restaurants to choose from.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTUD6peE5sn1wJug1yUWSM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143819

Everything you needed surrounded the plaza including a Catholic church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfn4wgPor7nGBQKg_6RX24?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143872

Entrance to the church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0-e2YilSWGoIyeiTqB9o1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143912

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVh9KFOtpH8ytWY1dXMDt2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143934

It's nice to feel welcomed!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxlYofLaf_r-Xkv69HqX8L?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143944

After some time there, including shade time in the plaza, we headed back to the ship, walking down a different street to take in more of the views of Mexico.  Along the way we'd run into other cruisers asking us how far away La Crucecita was.  We gave directions and continued on. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYKUtDJBKG3Z989ywyqRBl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143966

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJX1xwDbkETmqM1rsJXsFbu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143973

We found a huge store that sold "everything" so peeked inside at the crowded aisles.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPo7o6vJ83Sn9Ik038J7HH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143979

Back at Huatulco we stopped to see the church. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIfW3_6aYYgsmlO0ASij0V9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143988

The outdoor seating restaurant where DH enjoyed his beer and me a soft drink.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL858JlVO7ahZY9ykEfYvCe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144002

Our BHB, the Westerdam 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFh5n-mb6a0uucePKKUlrl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144007

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've been called a nut a few times - I'm fine with that.  If we all do our little bit, the world could be cleaned up, but it's a big job for just a limited few.  Smart is cool - yay!!!  

I've always enjoyed John Cleese's humour - had the chance to see him live once, and left with cramps in my cheeks from laughing.  

Thanks to everyone for your kind words yesterday, it's heartwarming to know others care, even when we've never met.  This really is like a big family, and I appreciate all of you.

Right now I can still see the huge Hunters Moon - it's casting some great moon shadows in our back yard.  I tried taking photos, but they didn't turn out at all; I'll just have to remember how beautiful it was.  There's not a lot happening today except that the furnace and duct cleaning company is coming over to do a long-overdue vacuuming of everything.  I spent some time yesterday moving furniture away from the walls, ensuring the folks could get to all the vents - while I was doing that inside, DH was outside, getting the remainder of the yard ready for the "W" word.  He turned off the water to the outside taps, drained all the hoses and put them away, brought out the winter bird feeders, and did another mowing of the leaves - we mulch, rather than bag them, as it's better for the lawn.  

I'm not a fan of corned beef, so won't be making today's menu suggestion - DH enjoys it, but it's usually only on his plate when we're on a BHB.  There is, however, one recipe I can tolerate it in, and that's a cheese based spread that you keep in the fridge to spread on buns or bread and toast in the oven as a quick snack or appetizer.  My mom used to make it during curling season when the team would come over after the game to discuss the night's events.   For us, it's Friday night pizza night, so we'll be doing a take-out from the local pizza place.  We haven't had the chicken/bacon/ranch pizza in a long time, so I think that's what we'll be ordering for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Clinking the glasses together to toast all on the happy list, and to the privilege of being able to live every day.  Stay well, wear your masks, be safe, and wash your hands!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29

Good morning all!

I think I may be finally getting over the jet lag.  Still waking up at odd hours, but it's getting better.  Yesterday afternoon we had a welcome break in the rain, so I got outside and did a little gardening.  It was windy but a warm wind -- and around 70F!   Very strange, but welcome!  We haven't even unpacked yet, maybe today we'll feel more up to that.  That and baking cookies this afternoon for our first visit with the 2 DGS tomorrow will take up the day. I've really missed them and can't wait to see them.

Good collection of days, will pass on the meal and red wine.  Have never been to Huatulco, thank you to all posting photos!

@St. Louis SalI love it that your wheelchair has headlights!!

Happy Birthday @bdrcole!

@StLouisCruisersgrr that people want to end the gifted program.  Good grief!  Our son also benefited from that program years ago.

• Like 23

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I heard some thunder overnight so I guess we got a little rain.  Today wasn't a gym day because the M-W-F group shows up and one couple ties up four machines for 30 minutes.  Frustrating for the rest of us.  We'll go tomorrow.  

DH tells me he's calling the dentist this morning because it seems a bit of a filling fell out overnight in the tooth next to the extraction.  That will need repaired and he may have changed his game plan for that area after his socket heals.  It may require implants.  Teeth are important so whatever works best!

Meanwhile DH noticed a spot on my lower back above the waistline that he thinks our dermatologist should look at.  We both have an appointment with her in a month so I will definitely ask her to have that area thoroughly investigated.  I had melanoma 20 years ago on my upper back so I don't take any chances.  

Nuts are great and healthy too.  What's not to like?  Clean up the world is a good idea.  I try to do my part in keeping it clean and safe.  Smart is very cool!  Did you hear some people want to end gifted programs for our advanced students?  Not fair to others?  Please, spare me!  The gifted program was very helpful to my son as a child.  Those students need to keep advancing not lag behind their abilities.  Interesting quote.  And no hash for me if you don't mind.  Prayers for our folks in need and cheers for those celebrating!  I'm happy to see the photo of the Volendam and Zaandam sitting side by side in Corfu.  Those two ships are my next two HAL "rides" in 2022 and 2023.  

Leave it to @cat shepardto remember a birthday!  Happy birthday to @bdrcole!!

We visited Huatulco, Mexico on our 2016 Westerdam Panama Canal cruise.  In my photo book of that cruise I referred to it as a real gem.  The area where the ships dock is developed for tourists and is near the town of La Crucecita.  We enjoyed all the shops, visiting the church and a restaurant for DH's beer.  But we also walked to the town center of La Crucecita.  I'll post the photos separately.

Sorry to hear you had a melanoma Sandi.

Thankfully it was caught early and removed successfully and you are right to be careful.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!

Another good list of days...not interested in the drink or meal thanks.

We went to Huatulco on our 209 Panama Canal cruise on the Zuiderdam.  We (with our friends) decided just to get off and wander locally.  We checked out the open church, and then decided that the beach was calling.  We started walking down the beach where the bars are with outdoor seating - and were badgered by the servers from each bar to sit in their chairs!  We finally found seats and enjoyed a beer together.  It was a very nice relaxing day!

DSCN2846.thumb.JPG.4a77db1746c5a3d693d7e1434cdaf393.JPG

DSCN2852.thumb.JPG.005565f2a5bbc91fa4d3b32fe9ff91ac.JPG

Prayers for all on our Care list, and cheers to all on the Celebration list - I feel like you're all part of my family, so I like when the celebrations outnumber the cares!  Hope everyone's day will be a good one!!

Laura

• Like 27

Good Morning All,

Today is Clean the House Friday, so I’m doing my tiny part towards cleaning the world. @dfish I’m thinking of transitioning to a “several chores a day” instead of “Big Bang” on Friday model for housekeeping. 

We now have 2 bids! We accepted one, are awaiting the contract, and DH decided to make some changes. So we’re back to needing an estimate. 🤣😥 

@Crazy For Cats Hope you can resolve the issues easily for your customer. 

@StLouisCruisers Agree. Ending Gifted programs is absurd. Our more advanced students deserve an appropriate education as do others who are not as advanced. Depriving one group the challenges they need does nothing to improve things for others.

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Here we are today in Corfu, three dam ships!

10EE844A-88CF-49D3-9CB1-D3F02D9FF84C.thumb.jpeg.0b0b580eb974a8cc597fcc79cfd19ef1.jpeg

or I should have said, two dam ships and a tender boat from a third.  

The 2 most beautiful left in the fleet in my opinion.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I can certainly relate to today’s quote. 
Hoping for a quiet day.

Stay safe out there.

Carol

Are you and Sam looking at boosters, especially with the situation with Sam's current aid?

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning. /thaks for the daily and the lists.

I love nuts - any kind. I try to live by the rule: "Always leave things better than you found them". How beautiful our world would be if everyone cleaned up after themselves and left it better than they found it.

John Cleese is great.  For some reason, it seems unfashionalbe to be smart these days. Making up stuff and demonstrating ignorance gets all the attention. I vote for smart.

I like corned beef hash but think of it more as a breakfast dish with a fried egg.

Yesterday, I made a BIG pot of lentil soup. I'll be haveing quite a few meals out of that including tonight's dinner.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 19

Finally get to sit down for a few minutes. One heck of a busy morning. 

Thank you Rich for our Daily. Good morning Dailyite family. Thank you to all contributors. 

Yesterday the sheetrock guys came. Today is paint, touch ups and barn door installation. Someone is due today to remove all the paper, plastics, and cleaners are due after that. Our glass will be another 10 days because it's sitting on a cargo ship.. 

Happy Birthday @bdrcole. Wishing you a great day!

I am not a corned beef fan. It goes in line with:

image.png.cb85d095cce74bb2d37cbefb2a9e1bc1.png

This evening we're meeting friends at a concert here in Sun City, then out for dinner, and no, it won't be corned beef hash!

Blessings,  Cheers and of course lots of Prayers!!

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report! I hope everyone here has a wonderful weekend! 

Four weeks from today, we will be flying to Ft Lauderdale and cruising the next day! 🙂 

Have a smooth  flight and a fantastic cruise.

Jim.

• Like 11

Goodo  morning from sunny Quartzsite.  It may seem odd, but a cloudy, rainy day would be good.  This area is still very dry and needs rain.

I like nuts, but don't keep them, since I can't stop with just a handful.  BTW, @grapau27 Graham, you can have my Brazil nuts.  😉   

Clean up the world is a great idea, but right now, I just wish some of our neighbors would clean up the junk sitting on their porch and in their yard.  I'm one who cleans the whole house in one day.  At least, that way, it is all clean for one day at least. 😁 

Smart is good, and our DDs benefitted from the gifted program and AP classes.

John Cleese's quote is so true; just wish people would realize that.

We like corned beef and cabbage, but I'll pass on the hash.  I'll also pass on the drink, but the wine sounds good.

We have been to Huatulco many times, and I'll look for different pictures in a few minutes.

@bdrcole  🎈  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  🎈

@St. Louis Sal  Wow! Headlights on your new chair.  Hope the pluses out weigh the minuses.

@Crazy For Cats  Hope you can get your customer settled down without too much drama.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope the car parts arrive soon.  Good that your DSIL could lend you the car.

@dfish  Debbie, thankful that the tornados missed you, and that you got good night's sleep.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, hope the place on your back is nothing to worry about.  I have an implant, and it's much nicer than a bridge, at least for me.  The oral surgeon put the implant in when he pulled the booth.  Four or five months later after the bone had healed and grown around the implant, the post and crown was added.

@ger_77  Jerry, I wondered if Nut Day was about the edible ones or the human ones, which many people think I am times.  🤣

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, glad the worst part of the renovation is almost over.  I hope the glass arrives sooner than later.

@TiogaCruiser  Glad you finally got a contract for your landscaping.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report! I hope everyone here has a wonderful weekend! 

Four weeks from today, we will be flying to Ft Lauderdale and cruising the next day! 🙂 

3 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Four weeks from today, we will be driving to Tamarac (Ft Lauderdale) and cruising with you the next day! See you onboard the NA.

And we will be joining you!

Mitzi and I are on for 14 days and our son and SO will be with us for the first 7 days. 

We stopped in Huatulco in the spring of 2017 after transiting the Panama Canal. Our travelling companions wanted to do a resort excursion so we did not explore much of the town. 

950652969_DSC_0204(2).thumb.JPG.03cc36c0842d63b7c03ef1ceacec5b5b.JPG

DSC_0189.thumb.JPG.3085f92563afc84126ab1fc8f636cca7.JPG

1025025415_DSC_0191(2).thumb.JPG.f17f0ef067458129332d04344bc0d41e.JPG

DSC_0197.thumb.JPG.a19e689f6a13b59fa498149838faee9a.JPG

DSC_0205.thumb.JPG.c6e98ddecc2c007a386fd3dbd0a5d2c1.JPG

DSC_0210.thumb.JPG.294c1deb6c4a90f13bdcb2e225af71cc.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Huatulco beach area with outdoor seating at restaurants.  Perfect calm spot for a dip to cool off.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAqz_sAhHKIOJS2Cj7MHJQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143685

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyJvp7_kgAcnjev02LAcUV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143689

I would guess these units are rentals for vacationers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVID-OxKkHK0hrKhSVLgJ5U7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143714

Speaking of clean up the world, this place was kept very clean.  A really nice spot to shop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnfuQRDBxRPX6WOOiu4adm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJk90TPM2ZXmHoo7e5Bsthp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143762

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJD-irc6t71VlvLpO2GUr7r?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143767

It was miles to La Crucecita but that's how we keep the pounds off on our cruises.  Off we went!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn2-RxeM9Hf5EH3k3-AY_d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143780

I would estimate it took us 40 minutes to walk there.  The town was busy and clean.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaKhiR0otLEew6UuSaZekN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143829

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBmkAbN-F3Sm0ykZWL8LvV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143844

Lots of nice restaurants to choose from.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLTUD6peE5sn1wJug1yUWSM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143819

Everything you needed surrounded the plaza including a Catholic church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfn4wgPor7nGBQKg_6RX24?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143872

Entrance to the church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0-e2YilSWGoIyeiTqB9o1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143912

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVh9KFOtpH8ytWY1dXMDt2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143934

It's nice to feel welcomed!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxlYofLaf_r-Xkv69HqX8L?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143944

After some time there, including shade time in the plaza, we headed back to the ship, walking down a different street to take in more of the views of Mexico.  Along the way we'd run into other cruisers asking us how far away La Crucecita was.  We gave directions and continued on. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJYKUtDJBKG3Z989ywyqRBl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143966

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJX1xwDbkETmqM1rsJXsFbu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143973

We found a huge store that sold "everything" so peeked inside at the crowded aisles.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPo7o6vJ83Sn9Ik038J7HH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143979

Back at Huatulco we stopped to see the church. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIfW3_6aYYgsmlO0ASij0V9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460143988

The outdoor seating restaurant where DH enjoyed his beer and me a soft drink.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL858JlVO7ahZY9ykEfYvCe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144002

Our BHB, the Westerdam 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFh5n-mb6a0uucePKKUlrl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144007

Lovely photos with a great written summary of the area you were at.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all.  DH loves corned beef hash. 
so nice seeing all the Hal ships! 

Great news that Canada has lifted the do not travel warning, I now have travel insurance again,  just not for cruises, that warning is still in place.  

@rafinmd noticed the shout out to mixed boosters.  I’m wondering about those of you who have had boosters, if you’ve had the same type or not?  

DBA3D6F0-BB81-4720-A4E1-78BA0BF37771.jpeg

• Like 16