Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendation

Ereggae

Would someone please recommend a nice hotel for a one night pre-cruise stay?  Anyone stayed at the Best Western Oceanside Plus Fort Lauderdale or the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina?  Your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Would someone please recommend a nice hotel for a one night pre-cruise stay?  Anyone stayed at the Best Western Oceanside Plus Fort Lauderdale or the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina?  Your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

I've stayed at the Hilton marina. Nice hotel and pool. Close to restaurants and water taxi right there. There is a $30 resort fee at checkout.  I'm actually staying there again for upcoming cruise as found a great price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Thanks in advance.

If seeking a good hotel at a good price, in the centre of shops, restaurants and bars, then consider The Riverside.  They have slightly smaller budget rooms if the search us price sensitive.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Budget
  • Thanks 1

I like the Fort Lauderdale Renaissance Marina.  The Boatyard restaurant next door is good for dinner.  The hotel doorman had cards for a free drink at Boatyard.  The food is really good.  There is also a good breakfast spot around the corner, but I can't remember the name of the place.  CVS is across the street too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Thanks in advance.

We’ve stayed at the BW, and although it’s been a few years we had a nice stay. We were too early for checkin but they allowed us to check our bags and we had use of the pool until our room was ready. There’s a back door out of the hotel to gain easy access to the beach. It’s not actually on the beach but a quick two minute walk from the back door. Rooms were clean and quiet and the on-site restaurant served good eats. There was a breakfast buffet included which was quite good but not sure that’ll be available now. 

7 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

I like the Fort Lauderdale Renaissance Marina.  The Boatyard restaurant next door is good for dinner.  The hotel doorman had cards for a free drink at Boatyard.  The food is really good.  There is also a good breakfast spot around the corner, but I can't remember the name of the place.  CVS is across the street too.

We have stay at Fort Lauderdale Renaissance Marina. I will not stay their again. At check in I asked about access to the executive lounge. I was told my hotel level did not give me access. I said I know that. That is why I booked a room with access. Went to the lounge that evening. Could not get in. Next day I found out that Check in did not do the key right. 

Went to the bar and ordered drinks. Paid for the drinks. Then we decided to order food, so we got a table. When I got our bill, the bar had added the drinks that I had paid for to the bill. 

When we were there in July, they didn't have the lounge open on the weekends.  I wouldn't like being overcharged for drinks either.  We haven't tried the restaurant or bar at the hotel, but based on what you said, we probably won't in the future.  We really liked Boatyard.  It was fun.

• Thanks 1

Although dated we  like  Hilton Embassy Suites..

Nice breakfast included,  evening cocktail party,  lovely pool ( except for  the iguanas) and walk able to stores and many restaurants,  quick taxi or shuttle to the port  Depending on price,  we might try something new , 17th St area. 

Have stayed along the beach. I.think it was a Marriot right across from beach. Was fun but pricey

• Thanks 1

Over the years we have stayed in a few different places but continue to see the Embassy Suites as our favourite.

Spacious, walkable to several restaurants and river taxi and if you book a higher room with port view you can see your ship arrive in port at silly o’clock in the morning….The pool, despite being next to busy roads, has quite a tropical feel. The restaurant is unpretentious but pleasant. Add in the free full breakfast and evening cocktail hour and the package works for us…

On the negative side we did see several reviews just before our last visit (a few months before lockdown) saying rooms were ‘tired’. Our room wasn’t but we had paid extra for a higher floor so if you do decide to consider this property look at recent reviews.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ereggae said:

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t stayed at BW, but thought about it. All the reviews I saw were good, except one recent one said they got bed bugs. I decided not to take the chance and booked Hampton Inn.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, hcat said:

Although dated we  like  Hilton Embassy Suites..

Nice breakfast included,  evening cocktail party,  lovely pool ( except for  the iguanas) and walk able to stores and many restaurants,  quick taxi or shuttle to the port  Depending on price,  we might try something new , 17th St area. 

Have stayed along the beach. I.think it was a Marriot right across from beach. Was fun but pricey

We have always enjoyed embassy suites on 17st, but had terrible stay in July , confusion at checkin , they closed bar and restaurant at 8 pm, everything was cold for breakfast, will not stay there again.

I am noticing HORRIBLE reviews for many of the usual FLL hotels -even major well known chains - so disappointing (with high prices to boot!).  

Also looking at a 1 night pre-cruise stay - with airport shuttle and breakfast if possible.....nothing fancy as we are flying in early evening and off to the ship in the morning.  I am considering hyatt place through valuetrips.com - awaiting their 2022 pricing.

29 minutes ago, George C said:

We have always enjoyed embassy suites on 17st, but had terrible stay in July , confusion at checkin , they closed bar and restaurant at 8 pm, everything was cold for breakfast, will not stay there again.

I read quite a few negative reviews so decided against it. On the other hand hilton had good ones and the price was good for my date 

We stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn further from the port and enjoyed that one....good restaurant on site  Last time  we were at a Hampton Inn..Hilton Brand that was fine.. near stores and  places to eat ( slackers?)  but  it seemed far from the port. ??? 

Will look for 17 st hotel..we have a yr to book!

31 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I read quite a few negative reviews so decided against it. On the other hand hilton had good ones and the price was good for my date 

We have lots of Hilton points we booked there marina for next month, we are normally happy with Hilton also.

We also like Hyatt Place Convention Center on 10th and are waiting for Value Trips to open "22 to reserve that again. So close to the port and airport. Publix, restaurants and Total Wine just a short walk away. Fairly priced shuttle to port if so desired. 

• Like 1