“Live From” Z and TB’s Tapas and Sangria Tour

Zqueeze1

Everything looks so yummy! Can't wait for a Prime 7 steak (ribeye, maybe?) AND crab legs! Love the table setting.....inviting and classy......and what red were you enjoying with your meal?

Continue to carry on and think of us at the pool bar! Any reports on the Margaritas? oh, and can they make a Michelada(sp?) up there?

L&J

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Z…

Dinner in Prime 7….you had recommended a steak done Pittsburg style. Or was it Philadelphia? And, what steak was it? I ordered it and it was great. 

Thanks

sheila

I believe it was a NY strip but definitely Pittsburgh style. 
Z and TB

12 minutes ago, captjohn said:

Hot off the wire ! As of 7pm tonight masks are optional . 😀

As Capt John mentioned, masks are optional as of 1900 tonight.  However, we are yet to see if we will have access to the bar stools. It is such a great way to meet folks. 
.Z and TB

25 minutes ago, captjohn said:

Hot off the wire ! As of 7pm tonight masks are optional . 😀

As Capt John mentioned, masks are optional as of 1900 tonight.  However, we are yet to see if we will have access to the bar stools. It is such a great way to meet folks. 
.Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

15 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

.Z and TB

Excellent news!!  And I agree on the barstools - oftentimes my home away from home.  🍸

• Like 1

What a day for a mow (obscure movie reference). We spent the day doing a great walk around Danta Cruz de Tenerife i the Canary Islands. It was warm, dry, and windy with great Saharan breezes. 

We spent the afternoon at the pool (shrinkage) and lounging around. 
Tonight: Prime 7 Part Deux. 
FF113628-2330-49C6-A780-FF9B14F4E024.thumb.jpeg.78be0ec7ab3e8c9193fee6f2596874af.jpeg

7B8CC3FC-022C-4E31-849D-77A06E3935DE.thumb.jpeg.2141e439d23d2657f3168b2bb6d57314.jpeg

566E086F-13D0-41EB-84C9-02426A3F4944.thumb.jpeg.18081df9ec5b7dbcc7fb2ae8e743bfdc.jpeg

40F231DE-1492-4797-AA4F-DCCAB7ED7180.thumb.jpeg.af8288fa6d30436a86aab9b5150b06eb.jpeg

1A67B858-94C3-4001-A357-980D70078C6D.thumb.jpeg.f192f88065b9fa295600215714e666a1.jpeg

5A0A8238-0500-42AF-B9EA-955A3DC2384A.thumb.jpeg.7261a435623f0bf92726d8a8c7af2153.jpeg

Z and TB

08F856D5-9F62-4B43-8F60-C9FD26D3E0CC.jpeg

Edited by Zqueeze1
  • Like 2

Z and TB, I just read the whole 6 pages of your adventure so far....yes, I am late to the game but here now and following. Your BCN pics really hit home as me and hubby met in Spain (Zaragoza AFB) 46 years ago and have been to Los Caracoles restaurant many times during the 3 years we lived there.

Enjoy you cruise!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

Any idea why masks are now optional? What has changed?

Presumably because the ship has now left Europe ............... and spends the next 6 days at sea.

Are masks optional for crew as well as guests?

Thanks for the excellent reports from Explorer 😋  🍹 ............. and now @Gilly is going to be reporting on her blog from Splendor 😀

This Board gets more positive by the day 

23 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Presumably because the ship has now left Europe ............... and spends the next 6 days at sea.

Are masks optional for crew as well as guests?

Thanks for the excellent reports from Explorer 😋  🍹 ............. and now @Gilly is going to be reporting on her blog from Splendor 😀

This Board gets more positive by the day 

No, crew are still required to have there masks on.

Interesting… was this a European requirement or Regent protocol? Just because the ship is now at sea for several days doesn’t mean a guest was exposed to Covid in the preceding days while ashore or onboard,  I’d be interested in hearing Regents position on this,  thanks 

Z and TB…we were only on 1 cruise with you (rainy Montreal to Miami although some great sunny moments) but so enjoy your blogs.  We can picture ourselves there ( wish we were).  After several cruises canceled we are not booked until May but can’t wait. Thank you for taking time to do this update for us cruise starved.  

• Like 1

No more masks as per CDC guidelines. Between Barcelona and the Canary Islands we were following European guidelines which are more stringent. Let’s hope we get to sit at the bars!

It is amazing how hard the crew works to keep us all happy and safe. We keep a list of names of crew members that go above and beyond and include their names in the end of cruise questionnaire. Needless to say, our list is quite extensive.  
I just ran into a head waitress at 0620 who was on her way to La Veranda to start her work day. She also works in Prime 7 where we saw her working late last night.  I asked her ho she does it and she said she can handle it because she loves her job. I wish I had her attitude. 

We haven’t mentioned much about other onboard activities because we are either walking (Pam), eating, having a cocktail (me), or napping (both of us). However, there are all sorts of activities and events going on throughout the day.  We have two lecturers, Sue Stockdale and Clive Steeper, lecturing about travel and motor racing respectively. There are also wine and cognac tastings, trivia, contests, tea, etc., for one to enjoy.  We are scheduled to participate in a cooking class this morning with J and K and it should be a hoot. 

Yesterday was a real nice day in which we spent walking around town. Afterwards, I napped poolside followed by a few rum and Cokes. However, the cokes were too strong so I asked for more rum.  I still can’t get the right taste to match my rum of choice, Don Q. 

We had dinner at Prime 7 with John and Karen and had a wonderful evening sitting near the back of the restaurant.  I forgot to take a pic of mine, but I had crab legs with potatoes and a veggie. 
Wedge Salad

909FD6CF-2780-4056-8ECE-176037DA6EC6.thumb.jpeg.1b4a624e99111a8ced37097b7c67c5fd.jpeg
Crab cake

A4986267-87C1-41A8-8EC9-57C02601CBA4.thumb.jpeg.57c3090d5cdb7d9c63880abcdf96d9da.jpeg

NY strip steak 

7551331D-9BB6-4E68-8BD4-13394182E987.thumb.jpeg.d923463b8907e002057056edb4ad0852.jpeg

14 layer cake. 

642B0B2A-7570-40B2-98EC-92E6B539D4FE.thumb.jpeg.ca4906ef4ba73b9e6e770df4964a8522.jpeg

A98FAFDB-DCC0-4B31-8034-A22A25E94A40.thumb.jpeg.4652248ee9d536fe632a3cb7714f186a.jpeg

As always, we skipped the show and went straight to bed after chow. 

Today: sea day one of six in a row before arriving in PR. 
Z and TB

A4986267-87C1-41A8-8EC9-57C02601CBA4.jpeg

Edited by Zqueeze1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Z and TB, I just read the whole 6 pages of your adventure so far....yes, I am late to the game but here now and following. Your BCN pics really hit home as me and hubby met in Spain (Zaragoza AFB) 46 years ago and have been to Los Caracoles restaurant many times during the 3 years we lived there.

Enjoy you cruise!

We feel that a trip to BCN is not official until we have a meal at los Caracoles.  The owners always make a point to make one feel as if one is family and the food is amazing. 
Z and TB

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Enjoying the live reporting from the ship. Thank you for posting.  Any idea why masks are now optional? What has changed? Thanks

We are following CDC rules now instead of European rules as we depart from the Canaries. 
Z and TB

9 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Z and TB…we were only on 1 cruise with you (rainy Montreal to Miami although some great sunny moments) but so enjoy your blogs.  We can picture ourselves there ( wish we were).  After several cruises canceled we are not booked until May but can’t wait. Thank you for taking time to do this update for us cruise starved.  

It is our extreme pleasure to share our memories and adventures with yous.   We hope folks do the same during their cruising adventures. 
Z and TB

• Like 1

"My Blue Heaven" was filmed primarily in the California cities of San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, Paso Robles, and the surrounding area, though the nominal setting is a fictional suburb of San Diego, California.

Atascadero is my home town.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

@Zqueeze1maybe I missed it but...who is the Duo onboard now ?

My apologies.  I thought I had responded to your question, but I just perused this thread and I failed to respond.  I will get it to you this evening. 
Z and TB