Why did RCL pick St. Kitts/Nevis as a stop?

nanatutu

3 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

I can’t speak for the OP, I was simply responding and trying to be supportive (I know the fun thing around here is to pile on 🙄). But as for us, this is a lift and shift from long ago and since the FCC will expire we didn’t have much of a choice. When a day is taken off the cruise and the itinerary is changed twice (the final one a week before departure a lot of cruisers would find it frustrating. Just basic empathy skills.

I agee during normal times this would not fly but you all know what you were signing up for when you took the lift and shift or FCCs instead of a refund.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I agee during normal times this would not fly but you all know what you were signing up for when you took the lift and shift or FCCs instead of a refund.

We knew the future, including where we would be with Covid 13 months ago? Dang, you must be far more powerful than me because most of my entire immediate family works in healthcare and we surely didn’t. I personally would have never guessed how people would’ve acted on the various topics. You are Impressive! I’m here I just thought it was an issue of there still being so many people who like to take the opportunity to criticize other people for just about anything here. 

30 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

We knew the future, including where we would be with Covid 13 months ago? Dang, you must be far more powerful than me because most of my entire immediate family works in healthcare and we surely didn’t. I personally would have never guessed how people would’ve acted on the various topics. You are Impressive! I’m here I just thought it was an issue of there still being so many people who like to take the opportunity to criticize other people for just about anything here. 

Just reading these boards for 18 months and all of the issues was a pretty good indication of what is going on. The issue is that most of you were in denial from the beginning thinking that cruising would be up and running by June 2020. News flash the Pandemic isn't over and cruising as we knew it won't be returning anytime soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

We knew the future, including where we would be with Covid 13 months ago

Always fun (and by fun, I mean not fun at all) to go back to threads from Feb/March 2020. The real pessimists thought Covid might last through the summer, and others thought that was crazy talk.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I certainly didn’t feel any empathy from you when sharing facts about Covid numbers on the island. Still waiting on that source from you to support your “scientific” claim that the island is anything but safe, all things considered.

OMG -- let it go already!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

Sad, but true 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Always fun (and by fun, I mean not fun at all) to go back to threads from Feb/March 2020. The real pessimists thought Covid might last through the summer, and others thought that was crazy talk.  

Ace was right all along.😯😄

• Haha 5

I selected the 6 islands from my 12 Dec Anthem in my favorite COVID number web site (Financial Times).  All of them have better numbers than the state I live in.  I'll be safer on the islands than staying home.  Antigua, Barbados, Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Martin are all safer than North Dakota.

Edited by gmerick
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I decided. I decided not to cruise yet. I don't get why people are booking now when the situation is still pretty unsettled and then complaining when changes are made. 

This is my question as well.  Just because ships are sailing doesn't mean the pandemic is over and cruising is back to normal.  If flexibility isn't your thing or visiting certain ports is really important, this is NOT the time to cruise.  Cancel under CWC and wait to see what happens next year this time before the FCC expires.  

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 7:20 PM, dunedinmaiden said:

OMG -- let it go already!

Didn't know this was going to cause such a stir. Some on this thread want to really stir the pot. I was just stating my disappointment.  Many of you have cruised a cajillion times.  Not me. I don't have that luxury. When we picked this cruise because of the islands it was going to, it is disheartening when changes occur. Let it go! Move on! I am...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nanatutu said:

Didn't know this was going to cause such a stir. Some on this thread want to really stir the pot. I was just stating my disappointment.  Many of you have cruised a cajillion times.  Not me. I don't have that luxury. When we picked this cruise because of the islands it was going to, it is disheartening when changes occur. Let it go! Move on! I am...

My comment was not directed at you @nanatutu. I, too, am disappointed with the itinerary changes and cruise line excursions required on St. Kitts.

• Like 1

I have an 8 niter on Allure sailing January 22 and St. Kitts was/is on the itinerary.  However, looking at the new itinerary, day 3 is missing and originally was Puerto Plata.  Does not indicate that's a sailing date--simply skips from day 2 (sailing) to 4 (St Thomas.)  Maybe planning on another port.  Would love if they included Coco Cay on day 3, otherwise it would be 2 sailing days in the beginning and at end.

'

40 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I have an 8 niter on Allure sailing January 22 and St. Kitts was/is on the itinerary.  However, looking at the new itinerary, day 3 is missing and originally was Puerto Plata.  Does not indicate that's a sailing date--simply skips from day 2 (sailing) to 4 (St Thomas.)  Maybe planning on another port.  Would love if they included Coco Cay on day 3, otherwise it would be 2 sailing days in the beginning and at end.

'

I don't see how Coco Cay could work on day 3. You can't get from there to St. Thomas with an overnight sail.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

'

I have the same 8 night itinerary on Allure in early February. Our day 3 DR stop was replaced with Day 2 Nassau, nothing else changed 

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

'

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't see how Coco Cay could work on day 3. You can't get from there to St. Thomas with an overnight sail.

Though Allure could go to either Nassau or Coco Cay on day 2 and then do a steam to St. Thomas. Indy is at Coco Cay on Jan 23 and there are three ships in Nassau on that Sunday.

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Though Allure could go to either Nassau or Coco Cay on day 2 and then do a steam to St. Thomas. Indy is at Coco Cay on Jan 23 and there are three ships in Nassau on that Sunday.

That was my thinking, day 2 at Coco Cay and day 3 sailing to St Thomas.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:00 PM, gmerick said:

I selected the 6 islands from my 12 Dec Anthem in my favorite COVID number web site (Financial Times).  All of them have better numbers than the state I live in.  I'll be safer on the islands than staying home.  Antigua, Barbados, Puerto Rico, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Martin are all safer than North Dakota.

Exactly the truth. Floridas numbers have finally dropped but when I was heading out on my first cruises, everyone kept asking me if I was worried. Anywhere was safer.

20 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

My comment was not directed at you @nanatutu. I, too, am disappointed with the itinerary changes and cruise line excursions required on St. Kitts.

No worries.  I knew your comment was not directed to me.  Hope to meet you on the 14th!  John and I plan to enjoy the cruise to the max not matter what the itinerary.  We love cruising!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, Heymarco said:

10 a day is low no matter how you swing it. 10/54,000 population is also low. Not even smallest US state has less than 10 cases a day.

Also, did you notice downward trend? They have peaked with this wave already and are headed in a great direction. 

Some people just want to remain in panic mode...your point is a good one.  

On 11/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, nanatutu said:

I feel your pain....my advice, as someone who has cruised a good many times, is never pick a cruise to visit a particular island...things can change re ports of calls etc...IF one island is a must see, fly there and stay in a nice resort.  

That said, enjoy The Allure, I sailed her in Mid September...was a great cruise.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I feel your pain....my advice, as someone who has cruised a good many times, is never pick a cruise to visit a particular island...things can change re ports of calls etc...IF one island is a must see, fly there and stay in a nice resort.  

That said, enjoy The Allure, I sailed her in Mid September...was a great cruise.  

Thank you!  Regardless of the itinerary we plan to thoroughly enjoy our cruise!