The Daily for Friday November 05, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon from Quartzsite.  I'm late today as it's been a busy day.  It's laundry day, so I got started early so the clothes would be ready to come off the line before it got to hot.  Well, they're dry, but still on the line.  

Part of the morning was figuring out exactly what we had to do as our bank has been bought and the systems are being intergrated this weekend.  After reading the 11 page booklet they sent with instructions of what to do for the last few weeks, today and Monday, it turns out most is just in case something doesn't work  I will have to set up the accounts on the new website Monday.

Interesting collection of days.  Gun powder changed the world.  The story of Guy Fawkes has always fascinated me.  DH does the cooking on the grill and makes steaks better than we can get anywhere, even in the Pinnacle Grill.  He is not bad at scrambled eggs, bacon and toast or grilled cheese.  I think he'll be grilling today, but not sure what it will be.

I like the MLK quote, and it reminded me of yesterdays discussion.

We were a day early, as we had shrimp last night and have had lemon shrimp with garlic and rice several times the past year.  The drink sounds interesting, and so does the wine.

We have been to Cadiz and Seville several times, and once I get the laundry in, I'll look for pictures that might be a little different.

@ger_77  Gerry, the toques look very nice, and it is so nice of you to donate them to the school.

@mamaofami  Carol, sorry your friend in hospice is doing poorly.  It is nice that his family will get to visit him.

@Sharon in AZ  Such great news that your DM had such a good report and tolerated the radiation so well.  Hope the allergies leave you alone now.

@lindaler  Glad you are feeling better today.  We almost got both shots the same day, but ended getting them five days apart.

@USN59-79  Enjoyed the story about the pipebombs and the rocket.

@grapau27 Graham, great picture of three good looking women.

Right now, DH is doing something that he hasn't done in almost two years. He is searching for cruises either this month or early next year.    Wow, something nromal. 👍 👋

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good afternoon all, I just got the biopsy results.🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾ALL IS Good   I need a Wang wang.

That is great news.Have two wang wangs.

Jim.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The laundry is off the line, but now I have a big pile of clothes to fold.  😱  @kazu  I loved the laundry memes.

@Horizon chaser 1957   Loved the pictures from Mexico.

Thank you all who posted pictures of Cadiz.  I think we have been there four times.  Twice we went into Seville, once by train and once by transfer.  The other two times we stayed in Cadiz and wandered aruund.

These are some of our pictures from 2017 on the Prinsendam as she was headed to Ft. Lauderdale.

We started our day walking through Cadiz on the way to Parque Genoves and Castillo de Santa Catalina.  On the way, we passed the Gran Theatro Falla.  We also passed many of the places already pictured.

DSC02729.thumb.JPG.abfd19308b777b2c39c831979d261a0e.JPG

This was an interesting stucture in the Parque Genoves, which we walked through it.

DSC02734.thumb.JPG.0c412f6c4193dfd3a16b7eb016706f1b.JPG

Our next stop ws the Castillo de Santa Catalina which is an interesting old fort.  The first picture is the promenade approaching the fort.

DSC02741.thumb.JPG.2d2c4cdf86c6d171508976b684359f76.JPG

DSC02744.thumb.JPG.d75a86bc0ac432546ae5a0218be45869.JPG

The chapel in the fort

DSC02745.thumb.JPG.210369972abdf40078f13ed6ae3964e4.JPG

DSC02748.thumb.JPG.c492b343cfdfb29a06cf5bbbd2280e87.JPG

The view from the fort

DSC02752.thumb.JPG.bc01a8b7ee4c42c11663c109ec65638e.JPG

Looking back toward the fort.

DSC02757.thumb.JPG.396b234a4072dce7893bdeb97fc4fe87.JPG

From the fort, we took a city bus along the coast into the new area of Cadiz.

DSC02762.thumb.JPG.ea9b2a13547750d706d3af8be5ac19b5.JPG

DSC02766.thumb.JPG.97a1e1488f0a6b6e355eb548b4c4ee97.JPG

On the way back, we passed through the gates to the old city of Cadiz.

DSC02773.thumb.JPG.819ce38a5a46c2fb64957f81f6ad0816.JPG

A fountain near the gates on the way back to the ship.

DSC02774.thumb.JPG.8e48bdeb1820cd48f474d695469b1486.JPG

A couple of interesting scuptures.

DSC02770.thumb.JPG.92b60cf9a28cdf0427f3b369b872550e.JPG

DSC02778.thumb.JPG.1812d75fddc876943ae68753fcd78e5b.JPG

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

WOO-HOO!  We did it!  DH just got off the phone with our new PCC, and we are now booked on the Koningsdam from November 14, through December 12 for the Mexican Reviera cruies..  Yelp, we are doing b2b2b2bs.  We like long cruises, and right now this is the best way to do one.  

It will be an easy cruise, since we'll drive to San  Diego and back, so no airport or plane.  👍

Now, I better go check in so I can book the specialty restuarants.

Lenda

• Like 29

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

WOO-HOO!  We did it!  DH just got off the phone with our new PCC, and we are now booked on the Koningsdam from November 14, through December 12 for the Mexican Reviera cruies..  Yelp, we are doing b2b2b2bs.  We like long cruises, and right now this is the best way to do one.  

It will be an easy cruise, since we'll drive to San  Diego and back, so no airport or plane.  👍

Lenda

That sounds awesome!  You've got 9 days until your sailaway so time to get busy.  Have fun planning things.

• Like 6

@1ANGELCATWonderful news. I am so happy for you. 🎉

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, how exciting!!! 🥳

@lindalerglad you are feeling better today.

@grapau27lovely pictures, Graham.

@ger_77beautiful collection of toques and very thoughtful of you.

@Sharon in AZthat is great that your DM got through radiation so well.

@mamaofamipraying for your friend and his family.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for all the Daily information, humour, recipes and wonderful photos of Cadiz, another port we have not visited .

Special  thanks to  @kazu for her multi quote posts on the Daily thread yesterday. 

@1ANGELCAT excellent news on the result of your biopsy.

@ger_77 thanks for the photo of the toques donated to the school.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Congratulations on booking the cruises.

It's a  sunny day temperature 18 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Wow!  Lovely.  Enjoy every second 🙂 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

WooHoo is right!  November 14th is just about here!  You will have a great time. Enjoy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That sounds awesome!  You've got 9 days until your sailaway so time to get busy.  Have fun planning things.

We've been to all the ports, so may just stay on the ship some days.  Haven't been on a ship since we left the Rotterdam, February 8, 2920, in San Diego.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Great news!  Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Have a great cruise and stay safe .

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1