Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 minute ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Any idea of how many for the 4/5 sailing?  We will be on board.  

No, we get off on the 5th so I did not ask.  I will try and find out but I might get a better estimate closer to the date.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

It maybe be SOP for B2B guests but we were fed an outstanding lunch today in Aqualina.

With embarkation not until 2 lunch needs to be served to B2B guests.  With normal 11 am boarding lunch is served to all in Windows.

Something else to be aware of.  We are on the Quest for a B2B2B cruise and on the first two legs, the Cruise Critic M&G has been on embarkation day.  It was at 6:00 pm the first time and 5:00 pm today.  Many aren’t looking for it so early.

Edited by KirkNC

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

Something else to be aware of.  We are on the Quest for a B2B2B cruise and on the first two legs, the Cruise Critic M&G has been on embarkation day.  It was at 6:00 pm the first time and 5:00 pm today.  Many aren’t looking for it so early.

Where? I registered but no notice. Isn’t 5pm sail away time?

53 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

Where? I registered but no notice. Isn’t 5pm sail away time?

So far they are in the Drawing room  but your daily program tells you.  We have not received any notice.  On the first one, we just happened to see it in the planner.

Edited by KirkNC

15 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

So far they are in the Drawing room  but your daily program tells you.  We have not received any notice.  On the first one, we just happened to see it in the planner.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for mentioning this for future cruisers.  John and I missed the M&M completely because we never looked at the daily program after finally boarding after a two hour wait - but that's another story.

On previous cruises, the M&M was NEVER held during sail-away. There was always an invitation sent to our cabin. Not this time.  The only reason we met you and Barbara was because I noticed your Okracoke tee shirt.

You might want to mention this to Hotel Manager Richard or Cruise Director Amanda. 

So glad we got to meet you both.  Happy Trivia.  Enjoy the rest of your cruises in good health.

Toni

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skicruiser55 said:

I just read on Facebook that the 3/29 cruise has port changes and won’t be going to Morocco ports now.  

You could have read about it here – no need to go to 'the dark side' 😉

14 hours ago, tgg said:

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for mentioning this for future cruisers.  John and I missed the M&M completely because we never looked at the daily program after finally boarding after a two hour wait - but that's another story.

On previous cruises, the M&M was NEVER held during sail-away. There was always an invitation sent to our cabin. Not this time.  The only reason we met you and Barbara was because I noticed your Okracoke tee shirt.

You might want to mention this to Hotel Manager Richard or Cruise Director Amanda. 

So glad we got to meet you both.  Happy Trivia.  Enjoy the rest of your cruises in good health.

Toni

Thanks Toni,

we enjoyed meeting you as well.  I will mention how the current process creates confusion.  See you on another voyage!

12 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

I just read on Facebook that the 3/29 cruise has port changes and won’t be going to Morocco ports now.  

Yes, we received a letter in our cabin today.  It will be interesting to see how some on our roll call react.  This was not due to any change by the Moroccan government, the county has been closed for a while.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 9:10 PM, tgg said:

Hi Kirk,

Toni

On most of our cruises the CC M & G has been at 6pm on embarkation day. Like you we’ve usually had an invitation in our cabin, but not always. I always check the programme as soon as I get onboard or ask at guest relations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On most of our cruises the CC M & G has been at 6pm on embarkation day. Like you we’ve usually had an invitation in our cabin, but not always. I always check the programme as soon as I get onboard or ask at guest relations.

My experience as well.  Also occurs at same time as Solo traveler get together,  and often sailaway so one has to chose🤨

Edited by Leo_On_Geo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, G2G said:

Did he say if it was a passenger or staff?

He did not say in his noon announcement. I asked and was told a passenger. Many staff are now double masking and more passengers are wearing masks in closed spaces. 
On a positive note- we had a wonderful White Night party on deck last night -great fun- even got hubby on dance floor( which usually does not happen!)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Diane PK said:

On the Quest now. Today captain announced one case of Covid.

How would a covid case be picked up ?   On Viking they do daily testing but I can't see anything similar when I look at the Covid protocols for our Quest cruise in 3 weeks.  Of course they may be testing staff regularly I expect.

46 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

On Quest- a nice touch in Windows cafe at lunch- special station daily, like live Pasta one day , Fresh Sushi another. Today is French with Bouillabaisse. 

Last cruise, they also had a station for special breakfast offerings 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, floridafolks said:

On Quest- a nice touch in Windows cafe at lunch- special station daily, like live Pasta one day , Fresh Sushi another. Today is French with Bouillabaisse. 

And it was yummy 😋.

• Like 1