Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

7 minutes ago, DS said:

Hey guys, currently on baord...   We are on the next cruise---  Mar 17 ->Miami to Lisbon.    Anything you can post about conditions onboard would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Funny to see you mention Lisbon. I just booked hotel for Lisbon across from the port for our LIS to RIO in the fall. I know this is off topic, but it is just across the boulevard at the Aurea Museum and they had a decent sale going on with breakfast included. We will eat dinner at the Fado place around the corner.  Have wonderful B2B cruises. 

7 hours ago, Bernergirl said:

Funny to see you mention Lisbon. I just booked hotel for Lisbon across from the port for our LIS to RIO in the fall. I know this is off topic, but it is just across the boulevard at the Aurea Museum and they had a decent sale going on with breakfast included. We will eat dinner at the Fado place around the corner.  Have wonderful B2B cruises. 

Is it the Hotel Corpo Santo? 

15 hours ago, Keeria said:

Only, if you wish to have a table at the window, you might have to wait at the beautiful bar next to the Discoveries Restaurant. Defintely no pager. 

Many thanks (and also to audobon), really helpful. Full disclosure, we are Crystal refugees and this is very much what we are used to ( and thus we are mighty relieved ! ).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kool kruiser said:

Many thanks (and also to audobon), really helpful. Full disclosure, we are Crystal refugees and this is very much what we are used to ( and thus we are mighty relieved ! ).

You will love Azamara. 

• Like 1

We boarded the Quest yesterday for our first Azamara cruise. Embarkation was slow and it appeared there were many computer issues going on as IT folks were scrambling. We love the ships decor and especially wood paneling adds to the beauty.

We are in a Continental Suite and enjoying the cabin. We are booked for the World Cruise so thought we better check out the ship and our cabin before committing to such a lengthy cruise.

Pleased with entertainment and the crew is wonderful.

Had breakfast in Prime C and despite being told that wearing long pants were required their were many wearing folks clad in shorts.

It’s very windy and we definitely can sense we are on a ship in rough seas.

12 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We boarded the Quest yesterday for our first Azamara cruise. Embarkation was slow and it appeared there were many computer issues going on as IT folks were scrambling. We love the ships decor and especially wood paneling adds to the beauty.

We are in a Continental Suite and enjoying the cabin. We are booked for the World Cruise so thought we better check out the ship and our cabin before committing to such a lengthy cruise.

Pleased with entertainment and the crew is wonderful.

Had breakfast in Prime C and despite being told that wearing long pants were required their were many wearing folks clad in shorts.

It’s very windy and we definitely can sense we are on a ship in rough seas.

That doesn't sound right to me. I have never been required to wear long trousers in any venue for breakfast. In the evening yes, but not during the day. 

Phil 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Keeria said:

Is it the Hotel Corpo Santo? 

No, we are staying at Eurostars Aurea Museum.  We have stayed there before and are able to watch the ships coming in and leaving from the port. Now I just have to hope that Delta doesn't make too many changes in our reservations they way they did in the fall to BCN.  Right now I'll just enjoy our snow in the mountains. Best wishes, Alice

Over on Azamara FB, a lot of people complaining that on boarding yesterday in Miami, the speciality restaurants were already weight listed before they even had a chance to make a booking and apparently only 300 or so on board.

Not sure why this would be. Does anyone who boarded in Miami yesterday have any info? Thanks.

48 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

So breakfast for suites in now in Prime C?

was in Aqualina in Dec.

Are both Prime C and Aqualina open for Dinner now?

Agree with @excitedofharpenden, long pants for men were never ever required for breakfast, only dinner in DR and specialties.

Well... going back several years... My DH was once asked to leave the Living Room at 4:00pm, during a thrilling sail-in to Pasajes, Spain.  We were the sole occupants, most everyone being out on deck for the inaugural visit to this port.  We were standing at the windows and a staff member insisted that he leave; dress code had changed with the clock and shorts were no longer acceptable for that venue.  As it turned out, the celebratory bells, whistles and fireboats were just as exciting from outside, so all's well that ends well  ; )

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

was in Aqualina in Dec.

Agree with @excitedofharpenden, long pants for men were never ever required for breakfast, only dinner in DR and specialties.

It was Aqualina fir breakfast on the last cruise.  We sat in Aqualina twice for dinner as an overflow area.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

was in Aqualina in Dec.

Combined on this cruise and I stand I corrected breakfast was in Aqualina.

Someone posted awhile back that long pants were required for breakfast which is not the case.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tuscany4 said:

Over on Azamara FB, a lot of people complaining that on boarding yesterday in Miami, the speciality restaurants were already weight listed before they even had a chance to make a booking and apparently only 300 or so on board.

Not sure why this would be. Does anyone who boarded in Miami yesterday have any info? Thanks.

There were more than 60 people staying on for a b2b cruise.  It's possible they booked up the specialty restaurants before anyone else boarded.  Just a thought.

• Like 3

We were on the Jan 23rd sailing of the Quest. We had a wonderful time and we loved the band the Fourth Element. We know their contract expired and they went home in the beginning of March. We will be sailing again on the 17th and we are wondering if anyone can tell us who the new band is and your opinion of them . Also, does anyone have any intel on how many passengers will be onboard for the March 17th transatlantic? Thanks!! Julia 

7 hours ago, Bernergirl said:

No, we are staying at Eurostars Aurea Museum.  We have stayed there before and are able to watch the ships coming in and leaving from the port. Now I just have to hope that Delta doesn't make too many changes in our reservations they way they did in the fall to BCN.  Right now I'll just enjoy our snow in the mountains. Best wishes, Alice

Dear Alice

Thank you so much for mentioning the Hotel Eurostars Aurea Museum hotel. We will be in Lisbon in May after our cruise with Quest from Civitavecchia to Lisbon. We also like Fado and I think we will spend the evening at Sr. Fado de Alfama. 

Enjoy your days in the mountains and the snow. Where we live, snow has melted weeks ago and spring is slowly arriving. 

Kind regards Dolores

4 hours ago, juliacb said:

We were on the Jan 23rd sailing of the Quest. We had a wonderful time and we loved the band the Fourth Element. We know their contract expired and they went home in the beginning of March. We will be sailing again on the 17th and we are wondering if anyone can tell us who the new band is and your opinion of them . Also, does anyone have any intel on how many passengers will be onboard for the March 17th transatlantic? Thanks!! Julia 

Filipino band call Beats with a lead female singer and other members sing.. We really enjoyed! Had many of us dancing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keeria said:

Dear Alice

Thank you so much for mentioning the Hotel Eurostars Aurea Museum hotel. We will be in Lisbon in May after our cruise with Quest from Civitavecchia to Lisbon. We also like Fado and I think we will spend the evening at Sr. Fado de Alfama. 

Enjoy your days in the mountains and the snow. Where we live, snow has melted weeks ago and spring is slowly arriving. 

Kind regards Dolores

Dear Dolores,

The deal I found was on the hotel's actual website. Best wishes, Alice

20 hours ago, Tuscany4 said:

Perhaps they couldn’t get the time they wanted on the days they wanted.  Reservations were being taken in the boarding area.  Only thing filled when I made our reservations was the French chef’s table.  There were empty tables last night

• Like 3

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

Perhaps they couldn’t get the time they wanted on the days they wanted.  Reservations were being taken in the boarding area.  Only thing filled when I made our reservations was the French chef’s table.  There were empty tables last night

Wines were excellent at both Chef's Tables on the cruise before:  Vouvray, Pommard, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, and Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label at the French, plus a nice Sauternes with dessert.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, laurieb said:

Always a chance they will offer another one if enough people ask.

I think last week they had three vs 2 dinners. 

They keep canceling the Spanish dinner  and I just gave up.

at least we have windows again at night 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bernergirl said:

Dear Dolores,

The deal I found was on the hotel's actual website. Best wishes, Alice

Dear Alice

They really have a very good deal for May, especially when compared to other similar hotels like the Corpo Santo where we stayed in December. Thank you again and kind regards, 

Dolores

10 hours ago, laurieb said:

There are always empty tables in Prime C at 8 or so. I had my choice of several tables 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Always a chance they will offer another one if enough people ask.

I think last week they had three vs 2 dinners. 

They keep canceling the Spanish dinner  and I just gave up.

at least we have windows again at night 

Yes, and last we were on last fall, they opened up additional seating in Aqualina for more pax to eat in the specialty restaurant for dinner too.  

8 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Wines were excellent at both Chef's Tables on the cruise before:  Vouvray, Pommard, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, and Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label at the French, plus a nice Sauternes with dessert.

Good to hear this list of wines.  On the November cruise  French Chef's dinner, they substituted a rhone wine for the delicious Chateauneuf -du-Pape and all the guests at the dinner felt that the wine quality had slipped.