Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Just now, zipcruise said:

I will certainly miss your posts. Safe travels home or an enjoyable stay in Barca. 

Thanks! Not as much as I will miss posting about the World Voyage from the amazing Onward.😫

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, Laganlady02 said:

@aliaschief

Enjoy your last night onboard even with the dreaded packing to do.

Safe onward travels.

Packing is done but saying goodbye to our family of guest and crew is hard. Thanks.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Packing is done but saying goodbye to our family of guest and crew is hard. Thanks.

Really enjoyed your posts and library of pictures, thank you. Safe travel home.

Regards

• Like 1

As a long time Azamara guest I believe there is much room for improvement  on the Onward. I fell,was not given meds, got infection .

left in Spain and still have trouble walking.

plus there were some guests who disliked to me to the point they complained vs just not speaking to me. You complain on Azamara you no longer have a home after years of being loyal.Think twice before you book .

Thank you so much, aliaschief, for your posts and your photos.  I've enjoyed sharing your voyage but most of all, I appreciate your comments about Onward.  The stories of bad balcony chairs, worn carpeting, and broken/damaged furnishings had me crossing her voyages off my list.

However, you have filled out the story with plenty of details and I feel I've no longer anything to fear.  Onward's itineraries are now on my radar, joining Journey, Quest, and Pursuit for potential cruises.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Thank you so much, aliaschief, for your posts and your photos.  I've enjoyed sharing your voyage but most of all, I appreciate your comments about Onward.  The stories of bad balcony chairs, worn carpeting, and broken/damaged furnishings had me crossing her voyages off my list.

However, you have filled out the story with plenty of details and I feel I've no longer anything to fear.  Onward's itineraries are now on my radar, joining Journey, Quest, and Pursuit for potential cruises.  Thanks again!

Plus Captain Carl is the most customer-focused captain in the fleet, and also the trouble-shooter they send to integrate new ships to the Azamara way (first Pursuit, now Onward).

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Plus Captain Carl is the most customer-focused captain in the fleet, and also the trouble-shooter they send to integrate new ships to the Azamara way (first Pursuit, now Onward).

I've sailed with Carl, but my personal favourite hands down is Captain Johannes. Extremely customer focused. I guess we all have our favourite, but let's face it. They are all great. 

Phil 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Roel94 said:

As a long time Azamara guest I believe there is much room for improvement  on the Onward. I fell,was not given meds, got infection .

left in Spain and still have trouble walking.

plus there were some guests who disliked to me to the point they complained vs just not speaking to me. You complain on Azamara you no longer have a home after years of being loyal.Think twice before you book .

Sorry to hear that you had issues with the medical team onboard. I have always found them to be extremely professional. Not sure what to make of the rest of your post and what behaviour has other guests complaining about you, but I suspect that as is often the case there are two sides to every story. 

Hope you get better soon. 

Phil 

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've sailed with Carl, but my personal favourite hands down is Captain Johannes. Extremely customer focused. I guess we all have our favourite, but let's face it. They are all great. 

Phil 

There are also two relatively new Captains Kresimir and Dario both trained by both Captains Johannes and Carl and also by Captain G and Captain Antonio. Their approach is also equally customer focused but with a modern twist. I’d say the captaincy of all Azamara ships is in great hands - not just Onward 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 13

Really looking forward to our Onward B2B in September. Have been on the other 3 ships but Onward will be new for us.   I have really enjoyed this thread.  Thank you to all contributors.

• Like 2

Thanks to @aliaschieffor all the contributions from the World cruise on Onward!  It has made for great reading and the pictures were wonderful!

Thank you for taking us along with you. 

I hope that this tread will continue to be active from other passengers who are onboard any Azamara ship and that they will feel free to drop in and tell us about what’s happening on their cruise! 😀

• Like 6

8 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sorry to hear that you had issues with the medical team onboard. I have always found them to be extremely professional. Not sure what to make of the rest of your post and what behaviour has other guests complaining about you, but I suspect that as is often the case there are two sides to every story. 

Hope you get better soon. 

Phil 

I needed  antibodics. Got them in Spain. Leg  still in pain.seeing Dr in states. Walking with limp and in pain daily. But  not as bad as before meds.

second time I needed meds in 9 years on a ship and both times got on land.

2 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I needed  antibodics. Got them in Spain. Leg  still in pain.seeing Dr in states. Walking with limp and in pain daily. But  not as bad as before meds.

second time I needed meds in 9 years on a ship and both times got on land.

My husband had no problems getting antibiotic tablets and ointment from the Doctor on the ship in March when he had an infected bite on the back of his leg - cleared it up in no time.

• Like 6

Joined Onward yesterday.  Boarding was somewhat delayed.   Started at a little after !:00 PM.  Ship is in great shape, crew is wonderful.  Our OBC is not showing yet.  Was told I need to wait 48 hours to see it.  Be sure to bring your paperwork.

internet is really slow.  Hopefully will improve.  Doe paying the $7.95 a day really make any difference?

IMG_8023.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Joined Onward yesterday.  Boarding was somewhat delayed.   Started at a little after !:00 PM.  Ship is in great shape, crew is wonderful.  Our OBC is not showing yet.  Was told I need to wait 48 hours to see it.  Be sure to bring your paperwork.

internet is really slow.  Hopefully will improve.  Doe paying the $7.95 a day really make any difference?

I found it did. 

Phil 

11 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

My husband had no problems getting antibiotic tablets and ointment from the Doctor on the ship in March when he had an infected bite on the back of his leg - cleared it up in no time.

Well,  he has better luck.  My cut bees and was an open mess..told infected but no meds.gor a better cream and drugs in Madrid. It dried up and looks better but shin and calf still sore, pain was so bad was using wheelchair  at times in the rocky seas, 

7 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

The difference is like night and day. I had forgotten what dialup was.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

IMG_8023.png

It doesn't improve on the standard package.  If anything it might get worse!

Just now, roberts2005 said:

IMG_8023.png

I’ll ditto that the Star Link high level makes a difference. We were able to Face Time, watch streams. Of course as we sailed around the world we had a few moments with bad connections. At times there would be some brief times when tech was searching for satellites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I’ll ditto that the Star Link high level makes a difference. We were able to Face Time, watch streams. Of course as we sailed around the world we had a few moments with bad connections. At times there would be some brief times when tech was searching for satellites.

This was my experience too.  I have used the standard package many, many times. This last time was the first try of paying extra and streaming was much better and it buffered less.  For me it was worth it. Much less frustrating.  

Phil 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This was my experience too.  I have used the standard package many, many times. This last time was the first try of paying extra and streaming was much better and it buffered less.  For me it was worth it. Much less frustrating.  

Phil 

I was not aware that there were 2 levels of internet available.  This could explain why it worked brilliantly on the Onward my first time (streaming movies in my cabin); and why it was worse than ever on the Onward 8 months later.  I didn't see the options on the website for this.  What are the prices?  Can you get loyalty discount on the high speed starlink option too?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

I was not aware that there were 2 levels of internet available.  This could explain why it worked brilliantly on the Onward my first time (streaming movies in my cabin); and why it was worse than ever on the Onward 8 months later.  I didn't see the options on the website for this.  What are the prices?  Can you get loyalty discount on the high speed starlink option too?

On Onward in December, there was the usual loyalty discount on internet service but NO discount on the $ 7.95 high speed option.