Live from the Emerald Princess 11/6-11/16

abqmommyof4

Cruise critic wouldn’t let me on the last couple of days. But I’m back to give a few updates 

stayed at the Renaissance Friday night and woke up to see the Emerald in port. Great way to start the day

Left my room at 10:45 and was onboard by 11:30. That was including dropping key cards off and calling for Uber. 

boarding was so easy and quick. 

I went straight up and reserved the Sanctuary for the entire cruise. The shrimp and cannelloni beans was delicious. 

went to blue lagoon today. Windy and chilly but was warming up when we left

The dining app needs some work. Lost all of my MDR reservations and can’t rebook them. Keep getting error. Showed up to Michelangelo and boy it was a long line. Crew handled it great and got everyone seated pretty quick considering the line. 

Port tote bags are in the cabins. They are hanging in the closet. 

The crew are fantastic when there  is a hiccup they handle it beautifully 

Randomly teamed with 2 other passengers last night and won trivia. Got an Effy necklace and gift certificate to use on board. 

Cruise is off to a great start. Last pic is from my balcony. 

2386C723-B218-4346-B8FA-81C65CC9F1BE.jpeg

B867D14A-A371-4826-847F-9A21B9551A05.jpeg

0FEA7EBB-F4DF-4D3C-B1E3-6D24AADED899.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, puggymom said:

I went straight up and reserved the Sanctuary for the entire cruise. 

We'll be on the Sky in two weeks and the Sanctuary is our first stop. How was the booking process, when did you arrive to book, was there a line up, and did you have a decent selection of loungers to choose from? Any idea of how full the Sanctuary will be on your trip? Fully booked?  Thanks....

Edited by lx200gps

32 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Enjoy!  We get on her when you get off!   is the Promenade Deck open to walk around?  Some have said it was closed in her first cruise.

They were doing some work yesterday. Haven’t been down there to check today. 

11 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We'll be on the Sky in two weeks and the Sanctuary is our first stop. How was the booking process, when did you arrive to book, was there a line up, and did you have a decent selection of loungers to choose from? Any idea of how full the Sanctuary will be on your trip? Fully booked?  Thanks....

There was no line at 11:30. Plenty to choose from. Booking was so easy. Hardest part was picking location. Was up there this afternoon and wasn’t crowded at all. 

15 minutes ago, puggymom said:

There was no line at 11:30. Plenty to choose from. Booking was so easy. Hardest part was picking location. Was up there this afternoon and wasn’t crowded at all. 

Super, thanks. That would probably be about the time we get up there, so fingers crossed.

Can you confirm that the ADA pool lift is set up each morning and left out for the day?  It should have a note around that says see deck hand for assistance to get the battery…or along those lines.  After many issues last cruise, they told me they were implementing a new policy to leave the lift up all day.  Just wondering if that is happening before I finish my post cruise survey!  Thx

Edited by Id rather be diving

We're on board Emerald, also. We arrived around 12:30 and the line was fairly long when we got there. They had extra terminals set up and processed us fairly quickly. It took us about a half hour to get on the ship. The rooms were ready when we boarded and our luggage was delivered by 4.

We watched muster on our cabin T.V. and then headed to our muster station where a crew member checked us off the list. Very convenient.

Everyone is adhering to the mask policy. Masks aren't worn while seated at a table, or while seated near the pool. In the theater, we were asked to lift and sip if we had a drink order. 

In the buffet, some foods are in single serving containers and passengers may take those. Tongs aren't touched by passengers. After you choose your table, attendants bring flatware and take your drink order. So far, the buffet workers have been excellent, always cheerful and accommodating. There are plenty of vacant tables. 

All three pools are up and running. Lounges are spaced more than usual, but there is no problem finding a place to sit at any of the pools. The pool attendants have been quick to pick up abandoned towels. At the pool, within minutes of sitting, someone will come for your drink order. Or you may order on your device through the Medallion app. I have been able to order for both my husband and I in one purchase and the drinks are delivered by the same server, at the same time. 

Edited by Marelaine
  • Like 2

Per maitre d there is less than 50%on board. 

While waiting to be seated at Davinci, I was chatting with him. Lots of passengers have the same issue with reservations being canceled and unable to rebook. Unfortunately one passenger took it out on him while I was standing there. Not his fault, but these crew members are getting the brunt of some passengers frustrations. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Marelaine said:

We're on board Emerald, also. We arrived around 12:30 and the line was fairly long when we got there. They had extra terminals set up and processed us fairly quickly. It took us about a half hour to get on the ship. The rooms were ready when we boarded and our luggage was delivered by 4.

We watched muster on our cabin T.V. and then headed to our muster station where a crew member checked us off the list. Very convenient.

Everyone is adhering to the mask policy. Masks aren't worn while seated at a table, or while seated near the pool. In the theater, we were asked to lift and sip if we had a drink order. 

In the buffet, some foods are in single serving containers and passengers may take those. Tongs aren't touched by passengers. After you choose your table, attendants bring flatware and take your drink order. So far, the buffet workers have been excellent, always cheerful and accommodating. There are plenty of vacant tables. 

All three pools are up and running. Lounges are spaced more than usual, but there is no problem finding a place to sit at any of the pools. The pool attendants have been quick to pick up abandoned towels. At the pool, within minutes of sitting, someone will come for your drink order. Or you may order on your device through the Medallion app. I have been able to order for both my husband and I in one purchase and the drinks are delivered by the same server, at the same time. 

Hi. Curious, do you have Priness Plus and , if so, may I ask how you did the order for both your husband and yourself? This will be great for us, but many on these and other boards have reported problems with this if they have Princess Plus/drink package. Thanks

• Like 1

i was wondering if you would be able to post an image of some of the princess patters, we are on an upcoming cruise and would like to get an idea of the activities which are being offered during covid.mostly at night Thank you

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Id rather be diving said:

Can you confirm that the ADA pool lift is set up each morning and left out for the day?  It should have a note around that says see deck hand for assistance to get the battery…or along those lines.  After many issues last cruise, they told me they were implementing a new policy to leave the lift up all day.  Just wondering if that is happening before I finish my post cruise survey!  Thx

Walking past Neptune from deck 16, I could seethe lift was set up. There was a sign posted but it was facing the opposite direction for me to read. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Hi. Curious, do you have Priness Plus and , if so, may I ask how you did the order for both your husband and yourself? This will be great for us, but many on these and other boards have reported problems with this if they have Princess Plus/drink package. Thanks

We have the premium beverage as a perk.  🙂

I have been able to order drinks for both of us on the Medallion App. I didn't have to sign out between orders. Just put both drinks in the basket and submit. I have also gone to the bar and ordered two drinks. Also the roaming bar servers have allowed me to order for both of us. Sometimes the App isn't working so they just jot down your cabin number. The beverage people have been excellent.

• Like 2