Live from the Emerald Princess 11/6-11/16

abqmommyof4

We are onboard and the crew is wonderful.  They are having to take a lot of flak about the app but are handling it well.  We were unable to fully check-in until 4pm on Friday after getting a number of emails and phone messages that we were going to be denied boarding.  This appears to have been a common problem.

Boarding started off rough as they could not get the computer system working until 10:40am.  The process went smooth after that until boarding the ship and then the ship's computer system went down for about 15 minutes.  The staff handed these issues very well and can process passengers very quickly when the system is working.

Dinning has been another area of frustration.  A number of people did have there reservations disappear.  We showed up the first night and when they took us to the table there were two seats but the other four were just about finished eating. Then sent us to another dinning room and had to wait in line for 30 minutes.  Talked to the restaurant manager the next day and he is having to take care of these  issues outside of the app and has been been very accommodating. 

It is great to be back on and hopefully management can resolve these app issues.  I know the ships' staff will be much happier when they are resolved.

On a different note, the Lotus pool was closed today and was just notified that it will be closed until further notice due to a maintenance issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gullgeorge said:

We are onboard and the crew is wonderful.  They are having to take a lot of flak about the app but are handling it well.  We were unable to fully check-in until 4pm on Friday after getting a number of emails and phone messages that we were going to be denied boarding.  This appears to have been a common problem.

Boarding started off rough as they could not get the computer system working until 10:40am.  The process went smooth after that until boarding the ship and then the ship's computer system went down for about 15 minutes.  The staff handed these issues very well and can process passengers very quickly when the system is working.

Dinning has been another area of frustration.  A number of people did have there reservations disappear.  We showed up the first night and when they took us to the table there were two seats but the other four were just about finished eating. Then sent us to another dinning room and had to wait in line for 30 minutes.  Talked to the restaurant manager the next day and he is having to take care of these  issues outside of the app and has been been very accommodating. 

It is great to be back on and hopefully management can resolve these app issues.  I know the ships' staff will be much happier when they are resolved.

On a different note, the Lotus pool was closed today and was just notified that it will be closed until further notice due to a maintenance issue.

That is the pool by the scantuary correct ??

• Like 1

Yep Lotus pool was closed. There was a chemical imbalance. Saw maintenance guy talking with Sanctuary staff a short time ago. Hot tubs are ok. 

Some strange stuff happening with the app. I had one order stuck on being prepared over half an hour. Then I had a drink as being delivered and it was no where in site. 

Crew is doing a great job working around the issues. The IT department is lucky they aren’t on board. I think some of the crew would have them walk the plank😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gullgeorge said:

Nassau was not an issue.  Have not heard on the other ones.

Because Nassau accepted your Antigen Test prior you boarding your ship.  The test has to be taken within 5 days of entry Nassau. 

1 hour ago, puggymom said:

Yep Lotus pool was closed. There was a chemical imbalance. Saw maintenance guy talking with Sanctuary staff a short time ago. Hot tubs are ok. 

Some strange stuff happening with the app. I had one order stuck on being prepared over half an hour. Then I had a drink as being delivered and it was no where in site. 

Crew is doing a great job working around the issues. The IT department is lucky they aren’t on board. I think some of the crew would have them walk the plank😂

Another good reason to drink at the bars - I wonder who got your drink and if they enjoyed it

55 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

It’s been 2 years since I booked a shore excursion. When booking online do you require a credit card or is it charge to your “on board account”?

You will need a credit card, ShorEx must be fully  prepaid since a while now.

Edited by EDVM96

9 hours ago, DHP1 said:

It’s been 2 years since I booked a shore excursion.  When booking online do you require a credit card or is it charge to your “on board account”?

I

8 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

You will need a credit card, ShorEx must be fully  prepaid since a while now.

If you have any OBC posted pre-cruise when you book the excursions, the OBC can be used towards the cost of the excursions and then a credit card for any balance that has not been covered by the OBC.

The posted OBC can be from any source such as booking promotion, FCD use, stockholder's benefit, etc.

I also am interested in the "new" issue of staff smoking on the Promenade aft. Many CC people have said this has become a HUGE issue and they are unable to use their balconies.

Thanks and have a great cruise!!!

I read the thread with interest and wondering what’s your itinerary.   How long is the cruise?  It looks like 10 days.  What port did you use to board -- Ft. Lauderdale?  Was the port crowed?  Any problems with using taxis of Uber?

19 hours ago, CRLess said:

Can you please check out the current rates for the Sanctuary for full day chairs and full day cabanas....Thanks!

$40 full and$20 half.  $30 day if book full cruise. $60 for Canal transit day. Don’t know about the cabanas 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nini said:

I also am interested in the "new" issue of staff smoking on the Promenade aft. Many CC people have said this has become a HUGE issue and they are unable to use their balconies.

Thanks and have a great cruise!!!

There is no crew smoking section on Promenade aft on the Emerald. I’m in an aft balcony and no whiff of smoke. I’ve also been down the Promenade and no sign of smoking section on the aft. 

• Like 2