Insurance issues

bazzaw

I read the article but it didn't tell me anything new TBH. Agree, it's a case of stay calm until we know what is happening. COVID on board is not likely to be covered, but for the return of domestic cruises, the border closure non inclusion is more annoying/worrying IMO.

14 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

I have found Cover-More to be quite expensive in the past.....at least for my pre existing conditions. I went with them one year, and then found other companies to be much cheaper for the same cover. 

Who are they????????

16 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

I have found Cover-More to be quite expensive in the past.....at least for my pre existing conditions. I went with them one year, and then found other companies to be much cheaper for the same cover. 

Cover more pay huge commissions hence there ridiculous cost. Always makes me laugh reading people say they are highly recommended by their TA, of course they are!!

I've used and claimed with insure and go, travel insurance direct and southern cross TI, I will get a quote from the 3 of them and then choose based on premium and inclusions/exclusions.

If I’m doing a standard holiday (driving around Europe or US, no cruises, no expeditions) I use my credit card insurance.

8 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I spoke to goinsurance this morning and they said they include cover for covid whilst cruising with caveats of course ie border closures etc. Might be worth checking out.

Don’t bother if your over 75.

Cheers Carole

19 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

NRMA use Covermore, they are good but pricey, used them a few times with a couple of big 20K claims, paid out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, portcbob said:

Who are they????????

Cover More are an insurance company. I was referred tothem by Travel Insurance Direct a few years ago, who would no longer insure me for my pre existing condition. TID insured me for everything except my PEC, which Cover-More picked up. What Cover More charged me was just as much as what TID charged me for my normal travel insurance.....very expensive. 

I now go with 1Cover, who have been great. They have paid out for me on 4-5 occasions when I have made a claim. Very happy with them. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 7:40 AM, By The Bay said:

Let's wait until cruising restarts here in Oz before getting our knickers in a knot over insurance.

KEEP CALM AND DON'T GET YOUR KNICKERS IN A KNOT - Keep Calm and Posters  Generator, Maker For Free - KeepCalmAndPosters.com

Cruising will not be able to restart UNTIL the Insurance problem is solved!

• Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 5:15 PM, bazzaw said:

Cruising will not be able to restart UNTIL the Insurance problem is solved!

Barry...Princess should give us Aussies and Kiwis access to their Princess insurance, like the North Americans can.  It covers the lot.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

OMG I am doing a happy dance - Covermore has just said they will cover our proposed trip including 2 cruises including US - with my partner's preexisting cardiac issues!  I  am truly amazed and happy. Yes not much Covid cover while NZ still has a "do not travel" comment for most of the  world - but  that will change before we leave. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, lissie said:

OMG I am doing a happy dance - Covermore has just said they will cover our proposed trip including 2 cruises including US - with my partner's preexisting cardiac issues!  I  am truly amazed and happy. Yes not much Covid cover while NZ still has a "do not travel" comment for most of the  world - but  that will change before we leave. 

Spoke with Covermore insurance yesterday and they do not cover for any Covid problems if you are cruising.  I have 4 b2b2b2b2 cruises and they will not cover any hospital or medical expenses if you contract Covid.  

14 minutes ago, GOTTODOIT said:

Spoke with Covermore insurance yesterday and they do not cover for any Covid problems if you are cruising.  I have 4 b2b2b2b2 cruises and they will not cover any hospital or medical expenses if you contract Covid.  

I was told to refer the PDF, no cover for Covid.

From Covermore PDF 

We will not pay for claims:

1. where the leg of transport that is initially delayed arrives at its destination less than 90 minutes later than originally scheduled.

2. where the Transport Provider provides an alternative mode of transportation without additional cost to You that would get You there in time to meet Your connection or to catch up with Your scheduled itinerary.

3. caused by an Act Of Terrorism.

4. caused by an Epidemic, Pandemic or outbreak of an infectious disease or any derivative or mutation of such viruses. Also refer to: General

I am going to keep looking for travel insurance that will cover Covid19

1 hour ago, GOTTODOIT said:

I'm not particularly worried about the risk of  actually catching Covid - I was worried about  getting any cover at all for him because of his pre-existing cardiac issues. I  know how to not get Covid -  and even if we tested positive I expect no more inconvenience than a few days isolation and some parcetamol.  What I'm worried about his him collapsing with a heart attack and being medivaced off.

note the no cover part only covers cruising (which is the lowest risk part of our trip as we are only cruising if vaccination is mandated on board). 

Otherwise there is cover for medical costs for covid unless the country is "do not travel" - now the whole world is "do not travel" at  the moment - but I expect that will change once our borders open 

NZCM_C023_YourCover_Covid19_Benefits_ProductDestinationGuide_DirectCustomer_Jun21_v2.pdf

Edited by lissie

THANK YOU CRUISEGROOVER & LISSIE,

I have just got our Travel Insurance with Covid 19 hospital and medical cover, disruption and cancellation coverage etc with Southern Cross Travel Insurance.  I was not kept waiting on the phone and Nicola, the Consultant, was able to answer my questions.  Very happy now,  it is all about peace of mind.  The price was half of what Covermore and NIB were quoting for just normal travel insurance with NO covid cover.  

I should add that it does cover cruising. I gave the countries the cruises is going to, the itineraries, and all were fine.

Isn't the CC forum wonderful,  heaps of useful info, everyone is so helpful.

thank you again

• Like 2