Did everybody "Realize" a huge Pre-Black Friday surge in cruise planner pricing?

FireEMT978

It's a conspiracy I tell you... Something needs to be done.  These mega corporations can't be allowed to deceive people by raising and lowering prices in order to solicit business.  The federal government needs to appoint a special cruise planner czar that will monitor and set prices according they think is appropriate.  

Expecting people to have enough judgement to purchase things when they think the price is appropriate for them is just an unfair business practice that needs to be stamped out once and for all.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It's a conspiracy I tell you... Something needs to be done.  These mega corporations can't be allowed to deceive people by raising and lowering prices in order to solicit business.  The federal government needs to appoint a special cruise planner czar that will monitor and set prices according they think is appropriate.  

Expecting people to have enough judgement to purchase things when they think the price is appropriate for them is just an unfair business practice that needs to be stamped out once and for all.

The really funny thing about this post is some will not see it as sarcasm.

• Like 10

I did notice that the 'onboard price' for the DBP went from being $84 to $88 on 3 of my 4 upcoming sailings in 2022, so when they put it on a better 'percent off' sale, yep, it will be the same price as a sale with a lower percent off price. Which I why I keep telling newbies who ask about the sale to IGNORE THE % OFF!!!  Look at the final price in the cart.  😛   

• Like 2

I just booked a freebie 5 nighter on the Mariner and can't believe the regular price of the Deluxe package is $92.99 but is now 20% off for $72.99. Do they jack the prices for the shorter cruises? My 7 night in June to Alaska is cheaper for 7 nights versus just 5. Crazy pricing structure. Hopefully, Black Friday has it cheaper!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

I just booked a freebie 5 nighter on the Mariner and can't believe the regular price of the Deluxe package is $92.99 but is now 20% off for $72.99. Do they jack the prices for the shorter cruises? My 7 night in June to Alaska is cheaper for 7 nights versus just 5. Crazy pricing structure. Hopefully, Black Friday has it cheaper!

The price for the DBP for my 3 and 5 night sailings on Navigator are more than my 7 night sailings on Symphony and Odyssey.  But just a week ago, the 'onboard price' for the 7 night sailings was $84. 

Odyssey DBP.jpg

Navigator DBP.jpg

4 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

I know I am free to take my business elsewhere but I really find this practice Royal Caribbean has to be very irritating.  Just set a standard price for heavens sake 

You will be disappointed to know that just about every cruise line is using the same marketing tactic to try and fool the uniformed. RCCL is not the only one.

• Like 3

How much longer will it be before the cruise lines advertise a Black Friday sale in July like the department stores do. Macy's was advertising a one week Black Friday sale this week. "Lowest prices of the season".  I haven't seen any special pricing for Black Friday that I hadn't already seen during the year.  

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

How much longer will it be before the cruise lines advertise a Black Friday sale in July like the department stores do. Macy's was advertising a one week Black Friday sale this week. "Lowest prices of the season". I haven't seen any special pricing for Black Friday that I hadn't already seen during the year.

Why would they do that? They have their 4th of july sale in july that runs for a week

1 hour ago, Miloomar said:

Why would they do that? They have their 4th of july sale in july that runs for a week

So do the department stores.  People are conditioned to believe that the Black Friday sales are the best sales of the year with limited supply. Now they plant BFS throughout the year or start them weeks before Thanksgiving.    

13 hours ago, rockmom said:

The price for the DBP for my 3 and 5 night sailings on Navigator are more than my 7 night sailings on Symphony and Odyssey.  But just a week ago, the 'onboard price' for the 7 night sailings was $84. 

Odyssey DBP.jpg

Navigator DBP.jpg

DBP for shorter sailing is almost always higher than for longer sailings. 

12 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

I know I am free to take my business elsewhere but I really find this practice Royal Caribbean has to be very irritating.  Just set a standard price for heavens sake 

Nobody wants to pay a standard price.  They want to feel like they are getting a bargain for that same standard price they they are paying anyway.

• Like 1

The prices for my b2b Med cruises next July have gone up by approximately 25%!  Interestingly, the prices for the beverage package & dining package are different for both cruises, but the key is the same?!

RCI is getting ready for the thanksgiving sales, but ultimately the sale prices will be for the same price as usual.

• Like 2