NAVICA app?

Harrylinden

Got our covid tests in the mail today for our December 10th cruise on the Equinox! I have a question concerning the NAVICA app? We are gonna do our test on my computer and want to know if I can download the app on my computer or do I need to download it on our phones?  I know we have to give an email address each for the results but I was concerned where exactly to download the NAVICA app? Thanks in advance!

Not sure how you download an app to your computer.  As long as your computer has a camera and speakers you can log into NAVICA, create an account for each of you, and do the tests from the computer. The link should be available from the company you bought the kits from.

I suggest before you plan to test,  you try getting your computer in a position that allows you and the test kit to be in view of the camera at the same time.   DH found that there wasn't a convenient place for him to move his Computer that allow for the camera to capture him and the the table with the test kit.  So he used his  iPad, I used my  iPhone

I did this test on a MacBook Air, sitting at my office desk, easy as pie..a caveman could do it.

It is easier to set up account on Navica App before hand to get user name and password for logging in on laptop.

My Son used his IPhone for the test while sitting on the tailgate of his truck.  

It’s not hard at all. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harrylinden said:

Got our covid tests in the mail today for our December 10th cruise on the Equinox! I have a question concerning the NAVICA app? We are gonna do our test on my computer and want to know if I can download the app on my computer or do I need to download it on our phones?  I know we have to give an email address each for the results but I was concerned where exactly to download the NAVICA app? Thanks in advance!

There's no app to download if you use a laptop. Just go to emed.com, click on "Start Testing", and follow the instructions. One of the first steps it walks you through will be to login to your Navica account or create a new one. I see no need to create an account ahead of time.

Edited by RichYak
grammar

No app required for your PC or Mac -

Just go to https://www.emed.com/app/login?redirect_to=%2Fapp%2Fstart-testing

Create an account for each user

One warning it does not support Firefox and say supports Edge or Chrome

LogIn and answer questionair

image.thumb.png.8c1bb763283c2a822851b6de8bc2a80a.png

The next screen will check your PC  - Press Start

image.thumb.png.69eb74a8d0767e7dfdbaa22e8742dffa.png

image.thumb.png.37e31292975db7936e2d0e8b8f33172a.png

Then press Continue and you will get a screen to begin your Test.   Just Click and quickly a person will answer.   You will have a little screen that shows you.    One thing I learned is there is a little light Square frame image and that is where  you need to line up you ID and Test QR

If you are in a hotel room taking the test we found it works great if you put the laptop on the bed and use the bed as the flat surface like a desk with you sitting in the desk chair facing the bed. It gave plenty of room for the test card and was easy to tilt the camera down to show the kit and swab. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, IndyCapt said:

Getting ready to do the proctored home test. When I go to the App Store to get the Navica app, there’s various choices. Which one is what we need to complete our tests? Thanks 

i believe it’s the one with just ‘Navica’ for the name

58 minutes ago, IndyCapt said:

Getting ready to do the proctored home test. When I go to the App Store to get the Navica app, there’s various choices. Which one is what we need to complete our tests? Thanks 

it's the blue one, not the green one :  NAVICA, not Navica Verifier