The Daily for Wednesday November 17, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Feb. 13, 2015 the Ruby Princess stopped in Salvadaor da Bahia, Brazil on a very hot day.  DH and I didn't know it at the time, but @Quartzsite CruiserLenda and her DH were also on this cruise with us.  We headed out from the ship passing by and through the Mercado Modelo on our way to the Elevador Lacerda.  Local spelling, not mine.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwHBXvgIrE8NKMmfdCyN02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214252

The Elevador Lacerda is one way of transiting between the lower part of town and the upper part where the old city center called Pelourinho, is.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEcVZc7jLZvC_HM1TsZvcC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

At the top.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTQHJmOyPL75-vgVXKMWbn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

The Mercado Modelo where we had just been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVSAYJxM8cnHJfg5psHw6d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214075

Our ship is off in the distance hidden slightly by the buildings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLY1cmcv497V6MbX6XZtHJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214077

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpOKBNTZNIMD3_BhBBHVUD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214148

Everywhere we went there were signs of Carnival.  You know it's hot that day if DH is wearing shorts.  That doesn't happen often!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGPvW3Qpw43TyVAMQfAdhE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214161

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj4tWZO-CaLzuB5ss9ZjDa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214166

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9KhvlBZfP8IXrWyLRfqtF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214169

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKhsWG98JDJamxgJDjdscn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7HzPiv2dszdLOMdD22S0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214186

Drums!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLldtbeCGCiFZG_fyu1rvvT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214187

St. Peter of the Clergymen Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIouFwIb08dQOVfHXgZgS02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214177

Another church - St. Francis Church and Convent00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItmHnIihPcsnO3adshbsRW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214211

Very ornate00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiOFWXAXSRWHm80si7Bttw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214206

I thought this hotel was so beautiful and well kept. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISoLlmp22pQsztzgycTP0j?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214217

I was intriqued by these roofs and the pattern on them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIV_QKEGAQ_mZjlIFtPzg4W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214194

Our trip back down to the lower section was by the Plano Inclinado de Goncalves funicular00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm04wpysXeJ_SLn7-NZi3z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214222

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4f6lfW7eiiWcNJRMhQHt3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214244

The woman in control00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKh4SNFdQcH0Ay_jMau5_8Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214247

We enjoyed our walk through Salvador, but remember to always be alert and not wear jewelry when walking around in Brazil.  Many times tourists are robbed by brazen thieves roaming the streets.

Nice selection of photos.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

So happy to hear things are progressing.   At least breakfast was a step up from dinner.  You can tell what it is.

Not so much the oatmeal but most of it was quite tasty.  2 more laps around the floor.

Roy

• Like 24

1 minute ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Today we will have no rain!  I know it's a relief to the towns around us experiencing flooding -- the rain is coming back tomorrow, hopefully just a drizzle!  

Like others, I prefer cards I can hold in my hands, but any kind of card is a nice gesture.  I love the smell of bread baking,  but rarely have it because of what it does to my blood sugar.  Luckily I'm not that crazy about breads!  We hiked a lot in our younger years, and funny thing is, we do more hiking (3-5 mile walks) around ports on cruises than we do at home.  I guess that's why I have a treadmill.  The meal sounds great, especially the last one -- am printing that one off!  Like Debbie I love anything with balsamic.  The wine and drink sound good too, have never been to Brazil.  Thank you @StLouisCruisersfor the great photos!

Our news today is ..... drum roll .....  the tree service is finally coming out this morning to look at those pesky Cottonwoods in the protected land behind us!  I sure hope they do more than just look!!  There's one small tree actually leaning over my neighbor's fence and it's definitely coming down sooner than later.

We're going to DD's and DSIL's house for dinner tonight, so I don't know yet what we'll be having for dinner but I know I won't be cooking it. 🙂  

@grapau27best wishes today on your basal cell skin cancer removal.

@ger_77prayers for your DH's sister's valve replacement.  

@rafinmdhoping we hear that you're home again very soon.

@StLouisCruisersgreat news that your back feels better today!

@kazuprayers that things go well today for you.

Thank you.

I am in my car and just about to check in at the hospital.

Graham.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

I am in my car and just about to check in at the hospital.

Graham.

Graham. I wish you all the best for your OP. I have had a lot of Basel Cancers so I how it is, Lots  of Prayers.

Jim.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. I’ll celebrate bread making today. I have been planning on testing a new recipe for dinner rolls for Thanksgiving. It starts with a tangzhong which is a flour paste to help make them fluffy. I hope it works. I’m by no means an experienced bread maker.  Maybe Vanessa @JazzyV has experience with a tangzhong. I’ll let you know my results. 

Thank you for the lists Jacqui @kazu  I hope your day goes well with your appointments. And thank you for helping out while Roy is in the hospital. Prayers to those on the Care list and extra prayers to Roy @rafinmd, Graham @grapau27, Gerry’s @ger_77SIL. 

Happy Anniversary to Gerry’s DS & DDIL on 11 years!  🎂🍾🥂❤️

Debbie @dfish the recipes today look yummy. I love cheese on top of my chicken and the roasted tomatoes look awesome. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

I saw the consultant for 5 minutes.

He took a few details and said I will have a soft tissue procedure but it will be in theatre after Christmas.☹️☹️

I said I thought it was being done today but he said no.☹️

Very disappointed.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 11

7 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Graham. I wish you all the best for your OP. I have had a lot of Basel Cancers so I how it is, Lots  of Prayers.

Jim.  

Thanks Jim.

They said it would be done in theatre after Christmas so I'm disappointed as I was ready for the op.

They gave me a leaflet and a form saying what will be done and took a few medication details.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

He took a few details and said I will have a soft tissue procedure but it will be in theatre after Christmas.☹️☹️

Very disappointed.

Graham.

That IS disappointing.  I'm so sorry you have to sit and wait until after Christmas.  Someone should have told you when you made the appointment that it was a consultation only.  But never fear, your Daily friends will be cheering you on when the time comes!😉

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Mazatlan.

An another interesting collection of days.  I guess I could say I took a "hike" around Cabo San Lucas yesterday before meeting @dobiemom for a drink and a nice visit.  I prefer to send cards, but appreciate friends thinking of us with e-cards.

Today's quote is good.

@rafinmd Roy, hope you are feeling better and are home soon.

@grapau27 Graham, what a bummer after getting ready for your surgery today.

@kazu  Thanks for stepping in for Roy.  Hope your appointments go well today.

@ger_77  Happy Anniversary to your DS and DDIL.  Sending good thoughts for you DH's sisters surgery and a quick recovery.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, glad your back feels better today.  Thank you for the pictures of the port.  That was our second visit.  We found an interesting 3 hour city tour in the terminal.  Turns out, they put us on the bus for the longer tour, so we saw parts of town we'd missed in 1999.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Graham @grapau27 I’m sorry about the disappointing appointment today however sometimes things happen for a reason. If it’s not too personal may I ask where the basal cell is located?  I worked for a doctor who did plastic surgery repair after Mohs resections. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you. ❤️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from Mazatlan.

An another interesting collection of days.  I guess I could say I took a "hike" around Cabo San Lucas yesterday before meeting @dobiemom for a drink and a nice visit.  I prefer to send cards, but appreciate friends thinking of us with e-cards.

Today's quote is good.

@rafinmd Roy, hope you are feeling better and are home soon.

@grapau27 Graham, what a bummer after getting ready for your surgery today.

@kazu  Thanks for stepping in for Roy.  Hope your appointments go well today.

@ger_77  Happy Anniversary to your DS and DDIL.  Sending good thoughts for you DH's sisters surgery and a quick recovery.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, glad your back feels better today.  Thank you for the pictures of the port.  That was our second visit.  We found an interesting 3 hour city tour in the terminal.  Turns out, they put us on the bus for the longer tour, so we saw parts of town we'd missed in 1999.

Lenda

Lenda, if they put you on a longer tour, I'm glad you didn't miss your ship!😂

• Like 15

Good morning and thanks all!  A shout out to Jacqui for stepping in!  
Glad to hear Roy  is doing  better!  Mobility is medicine, a sign in our hospital that you have taken to heart.  Our hospitals too give a menu, but the post surgical meal can be very light.  

Graham, try not to worry too much, I’ve had a basal cell removed and it was pretty low key.  I have another removal in a couple of weeks after my biopsy.  My DH has had basal, squamous and melanoma.  He was fortunate in that his melanoma was caught early.  Always good to be on top of these things, if caught early they can be easily removed.  
Sandi, love those photos!  

The devastation in BC continues with mudslides and evacuations.  My cousin’s son and young family with a new baby are waiting to be evacuated. 
image.thumb.jpeg.3d51729dd0b4236eb871c4ac2bd5cf4f.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 12

@bennybearI'm saddened to see all the flooding photos.  Where we lived in Missouri we had the Mississippi and Missouri rivers join together and spring flooding was always a threat.  Levees were built which helped considerably.

Hope things are back to normal soon, and the evacuations come off safely. 

• Like 19

50 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That IS disappointing.  I'm so sorry you have to sit and wait until after Christmas.  Someone should have told you when you made the appointment that it was a consultation only.  But never fear, your Daily friends will be cheering you on when the time comes!😉

Thank you Sandi you have all been amazing.

Graham.

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Graham @grapau27 I’m sorry about the disappointing appointment today however sometimes things happen for a reason. If it’s not too personal may I ask where the basal cell is located?  I worked for a doctor who did plastic surgery repair after Mohs resections. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you. ❤️

Thanks Sharon.

This is the BCC.

Screenshot_20211117_175136_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham, DH had a basal cell spot on his temple too, and I honestly can't find the scar now.  It will take a little time, but you should do fine.🙏

Thank you for your reassurance Sandi.

I'm pleased your DH has no scar.

Graham.

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@bennybearI'm saddened to see all the flooding photos.  Where we lived in Missouri we had the Mississippi and Missouri rivers join together and spring flooding was always a threat.  Levees were built which helped considerably.

Hope things are back to normal soon, and the evacuations come off safely. 

Thanks Sandi.  They are experiencing once in a 100 year floods,  in many areas all at once,  the rainfall has been up to 10 inches per day!  the city of Vancouver is cut off from the rest of Canada by three highways and rail.   It is really threatening the supply chain as much stock comes in by boat.  Really catastrophic.  
Hoping not too much loss of life,  one has died,  others are missing.  I just really feel for people who were evacuated only a few months ago due to fire now being evacuated again.  The whole city of Merritt has been evacuated.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 12

17 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27What a disappointment that you have to wait a little longer.   Sending you a hug (Pauline can give it to you from me).

Thank you Melanie.

The hospital consultant just gave the BCC a quick look unlike the clinic consultant who referred me last month who examined it thoroughly.

Graham.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Graham, Allen had BCC MOHS on both temples, his ear, and shoulder. His ear has a very small divot but all others you can hardly see. At least you know how many friends are behind you! 

I'm sorry to hear Allen had several BCC but pleased they have been removed and you can hardly see anything.

Thank you so much for your help and support.

Graham.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Very disappointed.

Graham.

Graham, I share this so it might make you more upbeat.

One time, DH had a colonoscopy set up.  The nurse gave him prep instructions and materials, and set up an appointment for him.  He did the whole starvation thing and prep and then presented himself at the doctor's office on Friday afternoon.

The appointment was just for a pre-op consultation -- they sent him home!

Sometimes one doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6