Spirit Covid Status

CJANDH

33 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Yes and SS did a decent job, considering what other cruise lines would have done.  As noted in subsequent FB posts, those effected are satisfied.  But do consider the hotel situation in Florida at the moment.  Fully booked is fully booked.

Some may be, however I'm in contact with one of the UK guests who was shipped back to the Sheraton Suites Plantation, and who is still deeply unhappy.

It will be interesting to see how Silversea deal with the estimated 60 guests and crew that are being quarantined off the Whisper today.

If the hotels are really all fully booked then maybe Silversea should have cancelled one of their cruises and used the ship as a quarantine base.

41 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Some may be, however I'm in contact with one of the UK guests who was shipped back to the Sheraton Suites Plantation, and who is still deeply unhappy.

Do you know the reasons for this guest’s continued deep unhappiness?  Of course, quarantine (and the COVID causing it) is an inherently unpleasant experience.  But I gather that the UK guest’s grievance is specifically with Silversea. 

2 hours ago, Observer said:

Do you know the reasons for this guest’s continued deep unhappiness?  Of course, quarantine (and the COVID causing it) is an inherently unpleasant experience.  But I gather that the UK guest’s grievance is specifically with Silversea. 

The Sheraton rooms do not have balconies?  A bit confining.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

It will be interesting to see how Silversea deal with the estimated 60 guests and crew that are being quarantined off the Whisper today.

If the hotels are really all fully booked then maybe Silversea should have cancelled one of their cruises and used the ship as a quarantine base.

60 quarantined off Whisper today??? Is this a typo?

26 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

60 quarantined off Whisper today??? Is this a typo?

Agree that sixty does sound like a very large number, especially on a smaller ship.  Finding spare, nice hotel rooms in the Miami-FLL area for quarantined people at this time of the peak season does sound challenging.  And who pays for these rooms, the food, etc., during these quarantine periods?  Silversea or the passengers?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1 minute ago, TLCOhio said:

Agree that sixty does sound like a very large number, especially on a smaller ship.  Finding spare, nice hotel rooms in the Miami-FLL area for quarantined people at this time of the peak season does sound challenging.  And who pays for these rooms, the food, etc., during these quarantine periods?  Silversea or the passengers?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

60 was the number between Spirit and Moon two days ago.  I did not hear about *Whisper* also having people bound for quarantine, much less *today*

11 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

60 was the number between Spirit and Moon two days ago.  I did not hear about *Whisper* also having people bound for quarantine, much less *today*

That's partly from someone on the Whisper who tested positive yesterday and partly from a currently quarantined guest. It may yet turn out be an over estimate. One thing is for sure that there were a number of guest cases on the Whisper yesterday.

The announcement yesterday did not specify the number of passengers who tested positive, just that there was an increase in the number of infections; however, I think the fact that there was an announcement at all was significant. We were told that the affected passengers had been isolated in their suites and reminders again about masks, hand washing and distancing.  In St. Lucia there was no announcement for at least 3 hours after we were due to depart and after the passengers had been disembarked.  In both cases, it was up to the CD to  make the announcement, the Captain was noticeably silent during the entire voyage (Fll roundtrip for us).  

On 1/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, Ehops19 said:

The Sheraton rooms do not have balconies?  A bit confining.

I’m actually familiar with that hotel from having stayed there a few times when attending concerts at the nearby arena and it is a perfectly fine hotel. All rooms are suites with a separate living room and kitchenette, so more spacious than a traditional hotel room. This property is much nicer than other Sheratons (and a few Marriotts and Westins) in South Florida. And as others have noted, finding a block of rooms in South Florida during “”season”, much less coming out of a holiday weekend, has to have been quite a challenge. 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 3

On 1/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, Silver Spectre said:

What ever happened to this guest

Maybe you could update us all !!