The Daily for Thursday December 09, 2021

richwmn

A little while ago, I noticed this on the back of one of the gingerbread houses.  You had to be walking in a certain direction to see it.

20211209_174150_HDR.thumb.jpg.2ea6c15214b85d3e9420896f2e165fab.jpg

Maybe I should put masks on my gingerbread 🎅 Santa's and snowmen next week.  😉

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

What is the St Lawrence Seaway?

We have our new Jeopardy Champion!!  Congratulations, Mr. Boston!!  🎉

7 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

A little while ago, I noticed this on the back of one of the gingerbread houses.  You had to be walking in a certain direction to see it.

Lenda

Well, that answers my question about which ship you’re on.  🙃

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

@StLouisCruisers --@StLouisCruiser   -please accept my condolences for your loss.

4 minutes ago, Tbay said:

@StLouisCruisersMy condolences for the loss of your DMIL. May memories keep her close in your hearts.

@rafinmdA booked cruise. Wonderful!

@kazuContinued prayers for you and Jose. Please remember to look after yourself, and accept help from your friends.

Thank you everyone.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Some fairly happy news for me.  I booked a cruise today.  Not a BHB.  I have a number of credits to work off and I booked Enchantment of Seas 8 days out of Baltimore for mid-February.  4 ports, Charleston, Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport but I'll take it.  I have another credit from Royal (for 2 cruises on Empress OTS last year, a ship I loved but sadly sold off.  I also have major credits from Crystal and Cunard.  I'm happy to be starting off gradually.

It's been very rough for my TA.  She is recovering very well from the esophageal blockage but had a fall in the recovery room and has a huge hematoma on her leg which makes it almost impossible to stand. 

Roy

Stupendous news, Roy! Lots of good things to think about during the rest of your treatments. 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi everyone!  DH and I arrived in Cincinnati a little delayed due to mechanical issues but safe and sound.  Shortly thereafter our DGD Ashley arrived at the airport to pick us up.  At about that time we got a message from DH's sister from St. Louis.  She was rushing over to the nursing home because she got an urgent message that the end was near for DMIL.  When they arrived moments later she had just taken her last breath.  So DMIL passed away at around 11 am eastern time.  It's hard even though expected.  🙏

Now trying to figure out the date for a funeral service and burial with our kids and grandkids and have come up with next Saturday.  But DH's sister is not happy since she wants to go to Disney in Orlando for two weeks leaving tomorrow morning.  Looks like she will be coming back home to St. Louis halfway through her vacation.  She has no children so no worries there.  But I'd say your own Mother's funeral is pretty important!  Sorry for the inconvenience, Sis.  Sheesh!

Hoping for better news today from Jacqui.  🙏

I am so sorry for your loss even though it has been expected.  I'm sure you have many great memories of this wonderful lady.  Sympathies to your family.

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Sailing off into the sunset.20211209_171942.thumb.jpg.5d650e8f2dd562dcc96423e4776894b3.jpg

Jake, that is absolutely gorgeous!

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Sharon in AZ Sharon, I went by the Dutch Café and looked at the decorations.  They are plastic panels of different thicknesses.  The picture only showed a small portion of the decorations as they are along the entire window area.

Lenda

Thank you for checking Lenda!  At first they looked like cardboard but they are too perfect for carboard.  Plastic makes more sense.  But............... How did they do that?????  Isn't that crazy.

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Pretty sunset tonight!

I will try to edit after posting, since anything I try to do before posting makes it look like the sky is falling!😱 Well that didn’t work either. 

7902F362-290B-4538-B715-B47100FDC0E8.thumb.jpeg.b36b9d8e96d9d3e4f8cbba4566089e1b.jpeg

And my roof is done! Final inspection tomorrow, then the pool solar panels go back up. This local company is amazing. They even cleaned out debris from the pool, the deck furniture and the deck pavers! Little tiny specks that fell through the deck screening. 

And Bindi is home from the spa!

Ann, the sunset is so pretty!  Congrats on the roof!  After we had our roof done it took weeks to take out all the junk from the pool.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Some fairly happy news for me.  I booked a cruise today.  Not a BHB.  I have a number of credits to work off and I booked Enchantment of Seas 8 days out of Baltimore for mid-February.  4 ports, Charleston, Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport but I'll take it.  I have another credit from Royal (for 2 cruises on Empress OTS last year, a ship I loved but sadly sold off.  I also have major credits from Crystal and Cunard.  I'm happy to be starting off gradually.

It's been very rough for my TA.  She is recovering very well from the esophageal blockage but had a fall in the recovery room and has a huge hematoma on her leg which makes it almost impossible to stand. 

Roy

Roy!  Congrats on the cruise!!

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Sharon, I have those plates, too.  On our Alaska cruise, we kept going from restaurant to restaurant trying to snag a set, and each time, they said, "Go try so and so."  Finally in MDR the waiter told us he would have them delivered to our room.  No dice.  We then set the Neptune concierge on the hunt for us.  Nope.  Sold out in every location onboard.  So first thing on Cal Coast cruise, we bought our coveted plates.

So silly.  But now they are real treasures!

They were selling them at the Lido pool on the first sea day during our Alaska cruise.  I went bazonkers.  I have a picture but it's on my phone and I'm on the desktop right now.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Maybe I should put masks on my gingerbread 🎅 Santa's and snowmen next week.  😉

Lenda

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Sharon in AZ Sharon, I went by the Dutch Café and looked at the decorations.  They are plastic panels of different thicknesses.  The picture only showed a small portion of the decorations as they are along the entire window area.

Lenda

Lenda, I'm loving your Christmas pictures on the Koningsdam!  Thank you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

We have our new Jeopardy Champion!!  Congratulations, Mr. Boston!!  🎉

Well done.  An easy one for me except that I was caught napping.  I've sailed that route with Blount, Duluth to Chicago, Chicago to Oswego, and Oswego to Montreal.  Sadly, virtually no cruise ships can use it because the locks are only about 75 feet wide.

Roy

• Like 11

3 hours ago, erewhon said:

Is your TA still in hospital?

Our system seems to be very non-hospital oriented.  I think it was no more than one night in hospital.  She's home working (seems largely for me) and going out on a volunteer project toorrow.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Well done.  An easy one for me except that I was caught napping.  I've sailed that route with Blount, Duluth to Chicago, Chicago to Oswego, and Oswego to Montreal.  Sadly, virtually no cruise ships can use it because the locks are only about 75 feet wide.

Roy

I knew you would get it!  That’s how I figured out you weren’t online.  😂

• Like 2