The Daily for Monday 12/20/2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiseryou're quite welcome on the Edge tip!

Also thanks for the nice thoughts on Amy's DH's surgery.  At this point I would think smoking is a no no!  I can't imagine the surgeon would allow his patient to still smoke.

@1ANGELCATglad that appointment is over and the splint applied.  Four to 6 weeks will be a "pain" but I know you want it healed properly.  Take care!

I too would hope the surgeon would ban smoking, but for some people it is almost impossible if not impossible to quit.  I sincerely hope this is not so in his case and the cancer scared him enough to quit.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Back from the orthopedic appointment, now have a new splint for 4-6 weeks. Break is right at the base of the finger, against the palm. Go back for follow up with them on January 31st . Splint is longer on my palm.Not comfortable. Can remove to bathe.

I hope everyone has a better day. ❤️

Sorry you were put in an unfortable cast, but the break needs to hear properly.  

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

We went ashore in Falmouth, Cornwall, England when we were on one of the very last Prinsendam cruises on  May 8th of 2019  and had a wonderful tour with our friend Andrea so I hope to show a few beautiful pictures when we went with our small group to Lands End , the most westerly point of England .

1706244924_DSCN00862.thumb.JPG.22326fe13e8676c4f48b2835ea433d04.JPG

DSCN0091.thumb.JPG.7a2f020014cd0b32f332b1cd13ab3366.JPG

DSCN0092.thumb.JPG.7ea7018291eae98405bddeebf186b07c.JPG

DSCN0111.thumb.jpg.7f95e087625e521ff07aab7ba71c8ed8.jpg

It was a little bit windy and high tide when we made a photo stop at St Michael’s Mount 

DSCN0104.thumb.JPG.8748377f6332d8d19a5c10e20748e263.JPG

The lovely town of Penzance 

DSCN0118.thumb.JPG.8b0d6f51799b1342fd2f2d10d85f8765.JPG

DSCN0124.thumb.JPG.b5a3dd80daf420e7047c24af3e788b0c.JPG

DSCN0121.thumb.jpg.a6be22d0cf4190faffac6359f49a514d.jpg

The beautiful area around Porthcurno 

DSCN0136.thumb.JPG.d2fd48e932f4496649310f61c49ae311.JPG

DSCN0145.thumb.JPG.ae7652b53315b0e31ee583053d45c19f.JPG

DSCF6328.thumb.JPG.9076580e5ee6ebbddae0d798fb7c29e0.JPG

DSCN0147.thumb.JPG.8472d4712f0720cf302c52c0b0c3eda4.JPG

DSCN0158.thumb.JPG.be9ea020220cc8c9aed1f34c308fac0a.JPG

DSCN0167.thumb.JPG.6fa398ccf242a3f244ec73648e2174a2.JPG

Just a little windy out at the corner of England 

DSCN0163.thumb.JPG.c44dc22e9c5a7c4c48597ce2d78d6c30.JPG

Warm up with some Cornish Pasty 
IMG_6868.thumb.jpg.7ec33da542006edec299a3d5d8b6fa60.jpg

We than drove to an old Tin Mine Heritage Site . ( The Geevor Tin Mine ) 

DSCN0179.thumb.JPG.920a55325ba145b05a0294e79bf79ca0.JPG

DSCN0172.thumb.JPG.29d83c74fd29e1b976c774f6b45534e9.JPG

DSCN0173.thumb.JPG.2f4a4600b0fa6446ba0959dedd225fb2.JPG

DSCN0178.thumb.JPG.5ac973687fd600bb8bb1218c921efe11.JPG

DSCN0182.thumb.JPG.0fc5c0551cd7cafc1734f897f16449e0.JPG

A wonderful day was had by all , hope to go back one day to lovely Cornwall

DSCN0184.thumb.JPG.13d69d6c038a50f424746fe6fa60bb5a.JPG

Time to take off for to go to  Fishguard ,Wales 
DSCN0190.thumb.jpg.755486689009dfff337599de7dbf5024.jpg

We are losing a little pool water while we are dining in the Canaletto 

DSCN0193.thumb.JPG.817bb78a977bf5f8e02224b8be60600b.JPG

Please take care everybody and our best wishes and thoughts for those wo need it , our friends Jose , Jacqui , Roy and all others .

Tony 😄😄

Tony, thanks for the photos of Lands End.  We hope to get there someday.

52 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's a frosty 31F here this morning, feeling like Christmas!  

Last night we went to a drive-thru Christmas lights display (over a million lights) with DD, DSIL and the grandsons.  It was amazing, apparently the largest in the PNW.  It was a lot of fun.

DH and I took post-travel Covid tests yesterday (I've had mild cold symptoms, and just to make sure we didn't pick up anything when traveling).  Happy to say we both failed our tests. 😄

@aliaschief condolences on the loss of your sister.  

@richwmnsafe travels and Bon Voyage!

@1ANGELCATI know what a pain (pun intended) it is to have a broken finger.  I also broke my little finger 5 or 6 years ago.  Mine was a very bad break, so surgery and a cast up to my elbow for 6 weeks was required.  At least mine didn't happen just before Christmas -- I'm so sorry!!

Here are a few photos from last night.  We were very lucky to have a clear, dry night -- unlike the day before!

1910698119_shipChristmaslights.thumb.jpg.dc5a450cd8f2c3f0a8ec23f9d9dcc0c5.jpg

Santa.thumb.jpg.5ef1be9a49e2a6bae119c9fb00e187d4.jpg

mountains.thumb.jpg.32ab4f3574a45b06a5acbd35dd7adace.jpg

dolphin.thumb.jpg.ea7e0cdacc543a83b6f7952fc8de8c0a.jpg

1020667830_hotairballoons.thumb.jpg.0d7ccfbc74ef538802a63fc0b638ae00.jpg

Beautiful pictures.  Glad you had fun.

@bennybear  Your photos are wonderful too.

The candy is finished and is setting until tomorrow when I can put it in a container.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Actually, I don't know - we went to the States for about 50 hours and should have been home free, but keep getting emails from the government telling us to quarantine, test, etc., then when we call the 800 number they say just ignore.,  However, now they are saying that whatever the timing they will require molecular (PCR) testing - is the test you have the right one?  There also may be quarantine or isolation required, I'm not sure if that is still random or if everyone is going to have to do it.   We felt the  border officer was not really sure of what all the rules were himself.  When you put your info into the ArriveCan app to get your "QR receipt", be sure you scroll all the way down on the email, we didn't read it all, considering that the QR code was all we needed, and there was additional information below.  

Yes, I do the PCR testing each time.  Currently the arrival testing is still random but I “won” the lottery last entry and they made me do another within 24 hours.  By the time they sent the results I was already back in the US.  No quarantine or isolation rule currently in effect.  Only for those without vaccinations or who test positive.  Thanks for your concern, though!  It’s always a good thing to be aware.

• Like 13

Cruise Critic didn't like me today either. On my desk top using Chrome had to completely exit and log in 3 times before  was actualy able to like or to post.

@aliaschiefMy condolences on the passing of your sister. It doesn't matter that it is expected and actually a blessing it is still heartbreaking to the loved ones that are left behind.

Thank you to all who have posted photos today.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 16

9 minutes ago, summer slope said:

It doesn’t like anyone. I’m finally on my phone to get it to work. 

For the last few hours every time I come out of the mobile website on my Android mobile phone on Chrome  when I go back on the website it shows me logged out and won't let me log in.

What I have done is clicked on this thread and I am logged in again.

Graham.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Yesterday turned out to be a very sad day for via Face Time I said goodbye to my only sibling sister. She was unresponsive. 

I started this post awhile back but was just notified she died at 8:46 this morning. It was her birthday. It was a blessing!

We all will loose loved ones but the wonderful memories are forever.

May your memories keep your sister close in your heart.  My condolences.

• Like 15

I have also been in CC prison until now. Let's see it this will work!

Thanks to StLouisCruiser, kb4683 and SailingDutchy for the photos of Falmouth. Sorry, but right now, I am unable to respond to posts in CC today with like and thanks - it comes and goes.

And I am so sorry to read of all the many illnesses and deaths in the group. We feel pretty fortunate with having only minor issues with which to deal right now, although that has not always been the case. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

We too have visited Falmouth on the Caribbean Princess in 2012 and didn't see much of Falmouth itself as we did an independent tour - Magical Mystery Tour. It took us through the scenic countryside and then on to Port Isaac, better known to those who have watched Doc Martin as Portwenn. 

First are a couple of pictures from our drive through the countryside. And then we come to Port Isaac where some of you may recognize some of these pix ad Doc's surgery, the harbor, and the tea shoppe, which I believe is the pharmacy and also the only souvenir shop for Doc Martin merchandise. 

It was a really fun day!

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-009.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-012.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-024.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-025.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-035.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-037.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-043.jpg

Mystical Magical Tour of Cornwall-048.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Just now, rafinmd said:

@grapau27 you will probably be headed for your MOSE pre-test before I can post tomorrow.  Wishing you a good result so you can get it done.

Roy

Thank you so much Roy.

My covid19 swab is at 13.00pm GMT at the hospital drive through site.

I have been told to isolate after the test and as long as it is negative I will hear nothing until 23rd December when I will be contacted by the hospital with details of what time I need to be at the hospital on Christmas Eve for the BCC op.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

CC doesn't like anyone today.   Edge didn't work for me.  I had to reboot the computer.  We'll see how long that works.   I hope we are all reporting these problems to CC.   They have been going on since September and won't get fixed unless we let them know it doesn't work.  

@aliaschief  My sincere condolences on the loss of your sister.   May your memories bring you peace and healing.

@smitty34877  Prayers and warm thoughts for Tana that she has the strength she needs.

@1ANGELCAT  Sorry about the uncomfortable cast.  At least you can take it off for bathing.  

@grapau27  Best of luck on your pre-test tomorrow.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, dfish said:

CC doesn't like anyone today.   Edge didn't work for me.  I had to reboot the computer.  We'll see how long that works.   I hope we are all reporting these problems to CC.   They have been going on since September and won't get fixed unless we let them know it doesn't work.  

@aliaschief  My sincere condolences on the loss of your sister.   May your memories bring you peace and healing.

@smitty34877  Prayers and warm thoughts for Tana that she has the strength she needs.

@1ANGELCAT  Sorry about the uncomfortable cast.  At least you can take it off for bathing.  

@grapau27  Best of luck on your pre-test tomorrow.

Thank you Debbie.

Graham.

• Like 12

Good afternoon.

Well, I've spent several hours trying to get on this site. It showed me as logged in, but I wasn't. I cleared my cache and cookies on the PC, tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox, rebooted - Nada. Tried my iPhone, iPad, an old android tablet, and my old PC - Nada. So I gave up for a while, and now magically I'm able to post. So if I'm MIA, you know what happened.

I like the days, the chicken meal and the wine.

I haven't been to Falmouth. Thanks for the pictures.

@kazu Continued prayers for Jose and you.

@Himself I hope you are doing ok.

@rafinmd Every day is a step toward finishing your treatment.

@richwmn Safe travels and Bon Voyage!

@mamaofami I hope the grandsons are fine after their exposure. Prayers for Sam's continued improvement.

@1ANGELCAT I suppose a splint is better than a cast.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for a successful surgery for Amy's DH and treatment to come.

@smitty34877 I hope Tana can get the counseling. It must be so hard for her.

@aliaschief My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your sister.

@grapau27 I hope you "fail" your test tomorrow.

Prayers for the care list and a salute to the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Very easy covid test onboard this morning. Walked into the Hudson room. They took your cabin number, handed you a swab with a number on it. You go to one of the 4 nurses, you do your own test, hand it back to the nurse. Should have paper tonight or tomorrow for results. We were the only 2 this morning.  No line!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

One minute you can’t log in, next you can’t post, then you can’t like a post. From Safari to Chrome back then back!  Erase all history! Try again! 😩

All I want for Christmas is a smooth working web site!🎄😷

I  hate to  have  to  say this but this is total incompent  ITs at hal and  there is  no excuse for it. That is my personel  take.

Jim.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon.

Well, I've spent several hours trying to get on this site. It showed me as logged in, but I wasn't. I cleared my cache and cookies on the PC, tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox, rebooted - Nada. Tried my iPhone, iPad, an old android tablet, and my old PC - Nada. So I gave up for a while, and now magically I'm able to post. So if I'm MIA, you know what happened.

I like the days, the chicken meal and the wine.

I haven't been to Falmouth. Thanks for the pictures.

@kazu Continued prayers for Jose and you.

@Himself I hope you are doing ok.

@rafinmd Every day is a step toward finishing your treatment.

@richwmn Safe travels and Bon Voyage!

@mamaofami I hope the grandsons are fine after their exposure. Prayers for Sam's continued improvement.

@1ANGELCAT I suppose a splint is better than a cast.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for a successful surgery for Amy's DH and treatment to come.

@smitty34877 I hope Tana can get the counseling. It must be so hard for her.

@aliaschief My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your sister.

@grapau27 I hope you "fail" your test tomorrow.

Prayers for the care list and a salute to the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you.

Graham.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, irishjim said:

I  hate to  have  to  say this but this is total incompent  ITs at hal and  there is  no excuse for it. That is my personel  take.

Jim.

😁 You're probably right about the HAL IT department, but in this case we're talking about Cruise Critic's IT department!  Not sure what's going on with all these websites.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks to all for the great photos today of your time spent in the port of Falmouth, or the surrounding countryside.  Just beautiful!

I just heard from my twin, whose daughter is Amy, and she said surgery is complete and he is in recovery.  He will be in ICU in an hour or 90 minutes.  She didn't have any further details yet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 14

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks to all for the great photos today of your time spent in the port of Falmouth, or the surrounding countryside.  Just beautiful!

I just heard from my twin, whose daughter is Amy, and she said surgery is complete and he is in recovery.  He will be in ICU in an hour or 90 minutes.  She didn't have any further details yet.

Sending our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for Amy and her husband.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Holidays,

It's been quite a while since I've been able to post and I really miss all of you, but the last couple of months have presented us with more challenges.  The most important being Dear Dad's health, he's been in the hospital twice and the news is not good, he's almost in total kidney failure with only 15% function, maybe less.  Not even 24 hours after his discharge from that and we were back in the ER, this time to be treated for a blood clot. So there's been a revamp of meds, along with blood thinners, and the prices are enough to make your head spin, thank heavens for the V.A.  But we'll do whatever we need to in order to avoid dialysis, not only is it a very grueling procedure but we want to be able to continue to cruise.  

Despite a stellar medical team, the weight of all this has been hard, but it's keeping my counselor busy as I've been requiring more frequent appointments just to have somebody to talk to.  I have two planners, one for the regular events and the other to keep track of the appointments, tests, daily BP readings, etc.

We're moving into winter now and the rain just won't let up, even I'm tired of it and many of you probably remember how much I love rain.  We're starting to have a lot of rain and snow mix just in time for winter.  I don't mind it, but it makes driving our hills a bit more challenging.  I'm still really grateful for the cruise season that we had, it really perked everybody up seeing all those ships in our harbor. 

Well I hope all of you are doing okay, I'm going to try and catch up on the daily.  

Take care,

Bruno

• Like 10
  • Thanks 18