The Daily for Monday 12/20/2021

richwmn

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Yesterday turned out to be a very sad day for via Face Time I said goodbye to my only sibling sister. She was unresponsive. 

I started this post awhile back but was just notified she died at 8:46 this morning. It was her birthday. It was a blessing!

We all will loose loved ones but the wonderful memories are forever.

I am so sorry. Keep those memories in your heart forever. ❤️🙏

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Happy Holidays,

It's been quite a while since I've been able to post and I really miss all of you, but the last couple of months have presented us with more challenges.  The most important being Dear Dad's health, he's been in the hospital twice and the news is not good, he's almost in total kidney failure with only 15% function, maybe less.  Not even 24 hours after his discharge from that and we were back in the ER, this time to be treated for a blood clot. So there's been a revamp of meds, along with blood thinners, and the prices are enough to make your head spin, thank heavens for the V.A.  But we'll do whatever we need to in order to avoid dialysis, not only is it a very grueling procedure but we want to be able to continue to cruise.  

Despite a stellar medical team, the weight of all this has been hard, but it's keeping my counselor busy as I've been requiring more frequent appointments just to have somebody to talk to.  I have two planners, one for the regular events and the other to keep track of the appointments, tests, daily BP readings, etc.

We're moving into winter now and the rain just won't let up, even I'm tired of it and many of you probably remember how much I love rain.  We're starting to have a lot of rain and snow mix just in time for winter.  I don't mind it, but it makes driving our hills a bit more challenging.  I'm still really grateful for the cruise season that we had, it really perked everybody up seeing all those ships in our harbor. 

Well I hope all of you are doing okay, I'm going to try and catch up on the daily.  

Take care,

Bruno

Bruno, I'm very sorry to hear about your DD's health problems.  It does sound serious so I can understand your stress level going up and all.  I'm adding you both to my prayer list and hopefully we can bring some comfort to you two.  🙏

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Happy Holidays,

It's been quite a while since I've been able to post and I really miss all of you, but the last couple of months have presented us with more challenges.  The most important being Dear Dad's health, he's been in the hospital twice and the news is not good, he's almost in total kidney failure with only 15% function, maybe less.  Not even 24 hours after his discharge from that and we were back in the ER, this time to be treated for a blood clot. So there's been a revamp of meds, along with blood thinners, and the prices are enough to make your head spin, thank heavens for the V.A.  But we'll do whatever we need to in order to avoid dialysis, not only is it a very grueling procedure but we want to be able to continue to cruise.  

Despite a stellar medical team, the weight of all this has been hard, but it's keeping my counselor busy as I've been requiring more frequent appointments just to have somebody to talk to.  I have two planners, one for the regular events and the other to keep track of the appointments, tests, daily BP readings, etc.

We're moving into winter now and the rain just won't let up, even I'm tired of it and many of you probably remember how much I love rain.  We're starting to have a lot of rain and snow mix just in time for winter.  I don't mind it, but it makes driving our hills a bit more challenging.  I'm still really grateful for the cruise season that we had, it really perked everybody up seeing all those ships in our harbor. 

Well I hope all of you are doing okay, I'm going to try and catch up on the daily.  

Take care,

Bruno

I'm sorry to hear your dad's health is not good.

Sending you both Pauline and my very best wishes and prayers 🙏 for you both.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Happy Holidays,

Take care,

Bruno

We have missed you. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending best wishes and positive thoughts.

Susan

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I just want to thank everyone for your kind and supportive words during this time of grieving over the loss of my sister.❤️

I was so very sorry to hear this. I am not sure my previous post went through thanks to the CC gremlins, but I do want you to know I am thinking of you. What a rough year this has been.

Susan

• Like 16

@atexsix  Bruno, I am sorry to hear of DD's difficulties.  My dad had a similar kidney problem.  He did do dialysis for a short period to allow the kidneys to heal.  He was able to wean off the dialysis after a couple of weeks.  I agree it is a pain in the keister to have to do it.

It was posted in the Help forum that there was an issue today that was resolved.    However, the original problem of the poison cookies has not been solved.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today was a very busy work day.  I had almost 700 emails to review I got that number down to about 100 so that means another busy day tomorrow as I catch up.  I guess the cats missed me while we were away.  Two of them took turns during the night of purring in my head and demanding attention.  Today Tucker made a zoom appearance which was a first for him, he just followed me around all day.  Every time I went upstairs Mona came to me demanding pets and treats.  Last night was funny when I went upstairs to get ready for bed, five of them in unison demanded treats.

@dfish the recipes look good and I’d like to give them a try.

@1ANGELCATsorry to hear about your broken finger.  I hope it heals quickly for you.

I hope that everyone has a good evening.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Jake @Crazy For Cats, your story about the cats missing you reminded me of my DD's dog Gracie.  While the family was gone late Friday afternoon to Saturday night for the funeral in Missouri, Gracie had to stay home.  A friend came by to feed her and let her out, but Gracie was terrified of him (DGD's boyfriend).  When Chris came in Gracie jumped up from her favorite spot on the stair landing and zoomed up the stairs, through the master bedroom and into the master bathroom to hide.  He had a hard time getting her to come downstairs for her dinner!  Another time when Chris walked in Gracie ran and hid in DSIL's closet!  He made sure when he took her outside he put her on a leash so she wouldn't run away.  They have the invisible fence in the backyard but Chris wasn't taking any chances.  When DD got home Saturday night, Gracie hid again until she heard her Mommy's voice.  She was very much relieved to have them all back home again. I bet if she could purr, she'd be purring in DD's ear all night too.🐶

• Like 14
  • Haha 6

I don't think I've mentioned this here yet but I did book a couple of cruises in the past week or so.  Unfortunately, my favorites are not on the list and HAL is pretty far down right now.  My decisions so far are driven by the credits I have for cancelled cruises and the first expiring are both Royal Caribbean.  I'm booked on Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore in mid-February, an 8-day cruise mostly to the Bahamas.  It's barely a 30-minute drive from home so a pretty low stress way to get back into cruising.  It also stops at Port Canaveral so there might be a chance to see my niece or Roger's widow.

Next is late May, Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne.  The itinerary is now Bar Harbor and Halifax although I'm not sure Canada will still be open then.  I'm not sure I will be up to at least the first one, but it's essentially a free cruise so I'm willing to take a chance. 

I also have credits with Crystal and Cunard but they do not expire this year.  The Cunard credit is large and I don't think I should do long cruises any more, so I might end up in the Grills.  The one for Crystal is substantial but much less, so I should be able to deal with that.

I have at most $100 with HAL but do want to get a cruise in before too long since I'm just about 5 days away from 5-star.

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

@atexsix dialysis may not prevent cruising. HAL used to have a dialysis cruise to Alaska at least once every year.  That was, however, some years ago.  My Dad's nephrologist loved cruising and would volunteer to help every year. I would not be surprised if they no longer do that. Especially with the pandemic ongoing. 

Does anyone know if these cruises still operate on HAL or any other cruise line?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, arzz said:

@atexsix dialysis may not prevent cruising. HAL used to have a dialysis cruise to Alaska at least once every year.  That was, however, some years ago.  My Dad's nephrologist loved cruising and would volunteer to help every year. I would not be surprised if they no longer do that. Especially with the pandemic ongoing. 

Does anyone know if these cruises still operate on HAL or any other cruise line?

I know there were some cruises that had dialysis, but it's not covered by Medicare.

Per the HAL FAQ: As our restart protocols continue to evolve, we are lifting the moratorium on oxygen concentrators effective immediately. While we welcome guests who use oxygen concentrators, we are currently unable to accept guests who use oxygen tanks or are on dialysis for cruises through March 2022. We remain optimistic that our approach on future sailings will become more flexible. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks to all for the great photos today of your time spent in the port of Falmouth, or the surrounding countryside.  Just beautiful!

@StLouisCruisers Looking at the date you showed on your post with all the pictures it just clicked that we were on the same cruise on the Prinsendam in 2019 and it is very sad that they are not able to post at this time but also Jackie and Jose were on this cruise at least from April 12th until Dover on May6th and we had a few tours together , than we stayed on until Amsterdam on May 20th .

Tony 😄

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sailingdutchy said:

@StLouisCruisers Looking at the date you showed on your post with all the pictures it just clicked that we were on the same cruise on the Prinsendam in 2019 and it is very sad that they are not able to post at this time but also Jackie and Jose were on this cruise at least from April 12th until Dover on May6th and we had a few tours together , than we stayed on until Amsterdam on May 20th .

Tony 😄

Correct Tony.  I noticed immediately it was the same date we were there.  And I know Jacqui and Jose were on the ship for the first of our B2B cruises.  We always had a great time on the Prinsendam.  It was a warm and cozy ship, wasn't it?  Many happy memories aboard that vessel.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Correct Tony.  I noticed immediately it was the same date we were there.  And I know Jacqui and Jose were on the ship for the first of our B2B cruises.  We always had a great time on the Prinsendam.  It was a warm and cozy ship, wasn't it?  Many happy memories aboard that vessel.

Yes we had the pleasure to cruise twice on the Prinsendam and they were both wonderful , we were able to see so many ports that are not possible to visit anymore with the larger ships and the crews were always the best ! 

• Like 9

😉I finally had a chance today to read and catch up on The Daily..5 pages! Thank you, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists. 

My husband, his Aunt and I are here in Fort Lauderdale and looking forward to sailing on the new Rotterdam on Wednesday!🛳

Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie

• Like 18

51 minutes ago, garlictown said:

😉I finally had a chance today to read and catch up on The Daily..5 pages! Thank you, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists. 

My husband, his Aunt and I are here in Fort Lauderdale and looking forward to sailing on the new Rotterdam on Wednesday!🛳

Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie

Looking forward to seeing you Katie!

Xx, Joy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good evening everyone!  I wasn’t able to login earlier— what’s new?  I hate to say this but I’m really glad it’s not just me having problems!

We had our covid tests at 12:15 pm today and it took forever to get our results. Finally three hours later we are negative and on our way. We have a very early start to our day tomorrow to fly to Ft Lauderdale. We will arrive about 3:00 pm Florida time with a stop at DFW. This is a familiar flight for us so I’m hoping it goes smoothly. 

I’ll post when I can but since tomorrow is a travel day it’ll probably be Wednesday before I can. 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 18