New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Yes, there were some double points "back in the day" as we always book maybe a year in advance - plus mainly cruises with duration 10-21 days - AND often two cruises per year. Our first cruise with NCL was in 2003. 🙂 

In 2014 did a Panama Canal cruise NCL STAR Miami - Los Angeles (San Pedro) -

14 day cruise - base points ....14 points

Booked 6 months in advance 14 points

Booked a suite ........................14 points

Booked as Insider Offer ..........14 points

Total 56 points - oh those were the days - fast track to Latitude Rewards

The 6 month booking rule is gone and the Insider Past Guest Offerings are rather meager.

So with the exception of the suite points - the base 1 point per cruise day(night) is the

norm.

BUT NCL is sweetening the pot with the extra points from time to time - take advantage

of this get to the Platinum perks (while you can).

Indeed the Latitudes Rewards program needs some reworking filling that B-I-G GAP

from Platinum + to Ambassador.

That Diamond category would seem to fit in just right - maybe even a Diamond + for

two steps spreading it out.

• Like 1

Looking forward to a new tier, we've been P+ since it came out and will never get to Ambassador. We did it mostly in inside cabins with a few double points, but a lot of 14+ day cruises, TA's, etc. The only perks we use are the dinners, officers dinner and laundry. Never, ever buy a picture or a shore excursion (that might change with Covid rules). Liked the early embarkation too.

The people who feel its cheating to get to higher levels without sailing the necessary nights (using double, triple and quadruple points) should read the MSC boards. A few years  ago to lure new North American cruisers, they matched your existing status. So when we took our first MSC cruise, they matched our Platinum Plus with NCL. Their boards were full of vitriol from people who got their status the hard way and resented us getting the same perks. I don't say I'd blame them, but it got us to try MSC and we loved it and have since cruised with them 6 times and had a few cancelled.

We are close to diamond with Royal Caribbean too. We are retired and our only vice is cruising and we do (or did) it a lot. We choose cruises we want to take based on ports, price, and don't book it based on perks at all. But they're nice to have when you get them.

Tony and Debbie.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The 6 month booking rule is gone and the Insider Past Guest Offerings are rather meager.

Rather meager is an understatement...

NCL sends me a Latitudes Rewards email, "Extra 2 points on select cruises in 2022, book by the end of February".

"Great", I think - we are looking at booking something in the Med this coming fall, grabbing some extra loyalty points would be a bonus👍

Follow the link in the email, and there are exactly ZERO cruises available. Nada. Zilch.

"Maybe other destinations are available", I think...guess I thought wrong on that as well☹️

Don't know if it's a website glitch but If NCL wants to sell me something, the least they can do is actually have it available for sale 😞

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Brian V said:

Rather meager is an understatement...

NCL sends me a Latitudes Rewards email, "Extra 2 points on select cruises in 2022, book by the end of February".

"Great", I think - we are looking at booking something in the Med this coming fall, grabbing some extra loyalty points would be a bonus👍

Follow the link in the email, and there are exactly ZERO cruises available. Nada. Zilch.

"Maybe other destinations are available", I think...guess I thought wrong on that as well☹️

Don't know if it's a website glitch but If NCL wants to sell me something, the least they can do is actually have it available for sale 😞

If you go to the link and don't log in, it shows 26 cruises, mostly Alaska.  And somewhere I read it is limited to cruises through September.

I rebooked 2 upcoming cruises to get the bonus points, one in April, one in September.

18 hours ago, julig22 said:

If you go to the link and don't log in, it shows 26 cruises, mostly Alaska.  And somewhere I read it is limited to cruises through September.

I rebooked 2 upcoming cruises to get the bonus points, one in April, one in September.

Made no difference for me...just get a blank screen with "No Cruises Found." whether I log in or not.

Guessing it is a glitch, need to call about some missing points on the wife account anyway so will ask the agent about it.

Not the end of the world really 🙂

Edited by Brian V

19 minutes ago, Brian V said:

Made no difference for me...just get a blank screen with "No Cruises Found." whether I log in or not.

Guessing it is a glitch, need to call about some missing points on the wife account anyway so will ask the agent about it.

Not the end of the world really 🙂

From the Latitudes Rewards Points page:

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

Don't wait too long to get it straighten out - and have a paper trail (documents) to back it up !

My experience is NCL is not user friendly in this respect !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

From the Latitudes Rewards Points page:

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

Don't wait too long to get it straighten out - and have a paper trail (documents) to back it up !

My experience is NCL is not user friendly in this respect !

Roger that, this was from our September 2021 cruise to Alaska so that won't be an issue, and I still have all the emails from that cruise so not too concerned 🙂

NCL MIGHT be in the process of rolling this out.

Previously (prior to today) when I logged into MyNCL, the info displayed was as follows...

Full Name: XXX XXX XXXXXX
Guest Number: ########
Latitude Level: Platinum Plus
Latitude Rewards: 214 Points

As of today the displayed information is the same EXCEPT the Latitude level is no longer listed.

7 minutes ago, WYB! said:

Yep, my account shows the same information with the Latitude level no longer listed.

Mine looks as it usually looks but I’m only Platinum.

Edited by ppcox

On 1/2/2022 at 4:53 PM, disneykins said:

...We are retired and our only vice is cruising and we do (or did) it a lot. We choose cruises we want to take based on ports, price, and don't book it based on perks at all. But they're nice to have when you get them.

Tony and Debbie.

Spot on, disneykins.

p.s. Stop sending snow our way...

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

NCL MIGHT be in the process of rolling this out.

Previously (prior to today) when I logged into MyNCL, the info displayed was as follows...

Full Name: XXX XXX XXXXXX
Guest Number: ########
Latitude Level: Platinum Plus
Latitude Rewards: 214 Points

As of today the displayed information is the same EXCEPT the Latitude level is no longer listed.

Interesting.  I'm "just" Platinum.  When I just looked at my information, I still see Platinum. There's also a box telling me how many points I need to get to Platinum Plus.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, julig22 said:

Link at the top of the page.  If it says 0, try again.

Finally got this sorted...turns out the better half was showing as a first timer 😞

Pretty sure she went to Alaska with me so, got the missing points added and voila! Cruise now available 🙂

Thanks for your help julig22, now to find something to book so I can hit silver before I shuffle off this mortal coil 😉

29 minutes ago, TROGON said:

Just checked mine.  Has the word Sapphire written below the header Latitudes Rewards.  I have 497 points.

I have 212 points (P+) and now see the change to that new Sapphire web page - - -

Still does not answer if NCL is going to have a bracket between P+ and Ambassador ?

That 525 point spread is way too much of a G-A-P compared to the starting entry level

guest points !

2 hours ago, Travelicious said:

Weird, but when I log on I can't even see a way to check my Latitudes status.

I can't see mine either.  Also can't see my history of cruises.

However, on my app, I can see my Platinum Plus AND it still has my just cancelled (by NCL) Getaway cruise.  (We were in Miami when notified....just got home😒)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Banner Bar Click on HELP

Menu My Account

Click on Latitude Rewards

Sapphire*** or other page

Banner bar Overview - History - Benefits ----- click on for details

*** Sapphire maybe unique to Platinum guests ?

No such links exist.  Cant you simply post the URL please...