Double points for passenger added to booking

If you have a booking for 2  that was booked under the double points promotion and you add a passenger, does that third passenger get the double points as well since it was already booked. It is a suite so we can add a 3rd passenger.  

Anyone have experience so far?

26 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

If you have a booking for 2  that was booked under the double points promotion and you add a passenger, does that third passenger get the double points as well since it was already booked. It is a suite so we can add a 3rd passenger.  

FWIW, we were not able to add a passenger to an OS that was done thru L&S.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Not one of us knows for sure, but here is my guess:

The booking number stays the same.  Then my guess is "yes".  🙂

And I wouldn't ask.  I would just "do".

It's not like you are going to NOT add the third if there are no double points, right?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

In October I added my daughter to my jr suite which I booked during the double points offer in September.  I gave up double points for no longer going solo (still got double for suite though), and she did not get double points since she did not book prior to September 30. 

I would have gotten 2+2+2=6 per day yet only got 2+2=4.  She got 1+1=2 instead of 2+2=4.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peggybroker said:

In October I added my daughter to my jr suite which I booked during the double points offer in September.  I gave up double points for no longer going solo (still got double for suite though), and she did not get double points since she did not book prior to September 30. 

I would have gotten 2+2+2=6 per day yet only got 2+2=4.  She got 1+1=2 instead of 2+2=4.  

Wow that's really interesting they would do it like that.

8 hours ago, peggybroker said:

Thank you, I am very surprised Royal and their it could distinguish it.

21 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Thank you, I am very surprised Royal and their it could distinguish it.

Me too.  I have a booking made before 9/30/21 that I changed to a different date AFTER 9/30/21.  Now I wonder if I will still get the double points.  I just changed from March 2022 to Feb 2022

Please let us know! In my case it may have been my reservation was for a solo (paying 200% fare but only once for taxes and fees), and adding a second passenger caused them to get picky about double points for her.

As far as I know, since I have MS, RCG was delighted my daughter came as my "caregiver".  In any event it would be hard for them to not allow a second person in my suite since I paid double, but add to that the handicap accessible component... and there you have it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

If you have a booking made before 9/30/21 for a balcony and you upgrade yourself today to a JS will you get the points based on your original booking?  Or the category that you actually sail in?  @Ourusualbeach 

That I do not know.  They never published a FAQ for the double points promo so until someone reports actual experience we won't know for sure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That I do not know.  They never published a FAQ for the double points promo so until someone reports actual experience we won't know for sure. 

I seem to recall someone winning a Royal Up and getting the extra points anyway - the issue is not just what points you get, but what is the policy.

Biker, who somehow did finally get extra points for a second person no show sailing.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Awesome!

Apparently, they can't fix the points shown in the past sailing history and the math will never be right if going by that, but the extra points just appeared a few days after I asked the LA on board Anthem.

Biker, who assumes the official policy is that you are not supposed to get extra points for a no show but they gave it to me as a nice will gesture.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I seem to recall someone winning a Royal Up and getting the extra points anyway - the issue is not just what points you get, but what is the policy.

Biker, who somehow did finally get extra points for a second person no show sailing.

I was going to tag you earlier and ask if you ever got them  Great-  I will be testing out the change the date on the booking after 9/30/21 next month.   Changed a March 2022 to Feb 2022