The Daily for Sunday 01/02/2022

richwmn

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A sad day today as I started our online worship service.  My pastor has tested positive and was not present.  Fortunately, she is doing well and we have a couple of clergy members and one was able to take over on a moment's notice.

Roy

Sending Prayers 🙏 for your Pastor Roy.

Pleased to hear her covid is mild and she is doing well.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tony @sailingdutchy thanks for the nice assortment of photos from your visit to Kaohsiung.  I wondered if @tjcox9 would post some new ones too.

CC has not been kind to me today so I decided to take the day off. Half the time I can't react or quote so have just given up for the day. 😟

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, tjcox9 said:

CC has not been kind to me today so I decided to take the day off. Half the time I can't react or quote so have just given up for the day. 😟

Bummer!  Once in a while I can't react when I come back to the page and when I refresh the page, it works again.  Can't say that would work for everyone though.  One day I had a heck of a time getting anywhere on CC and it was very frustrating.  Sorry you're having issues today.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Bummer!  Once in a while I can't react when I come back to the page and when I refresh the page, it works again.  Can't say that would work for everyone though.  One day I had a heck of a time getting anywhere on CC and it was very frustrating.  Sorry you're having issues today.

When this happens to me I click on PREV and it takes me back a page then I click Next and go forward to the page I was on then scroll to the post and it lets me Like.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cold day today and supposed to stay cold for a couple more days. It was 39F in my driveway when I left for church this morning. At least at home the wind wasn't blowing, at church wind was blowing quite strong. Thankfully the rain has stopped and by the end of this week it should be typical Arizona winter of high 60's to low 70's.

@Sharon in AZBe prepared for cold when you get home.

@aliaschiefSorry you have to cancel Cancum and I hope your SIL recovers soon.

@rafinmdyour sunrise/sunset photos are always appreciated. I pray that you are recovering from the effects of your radiation treatment.

@mamaofamiI am sorry that you friend has passed and I commerate you for proceeding with Sam's birthday party.

Jane

• Like 20

I just got an email from Emory University, we had tickets to a noon concert on 1/21, and all events are now cancelled on campus,  They are a code orange(could be that the hospital is also on the campus).  We were really looking forward to this.  The tickets were free, so I didn't lose anything more than hope.

DH is on a cleaning spree, I've tried to break the vacuum cleaner twice today, but he keeps fixing it and working.  Now, I'm just trying to stay out of the way.🙀

• Like 16
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Plan B just in case 😇

image_0c246ac4-c75a-4b08-9440-6c7bef6ff4d720220102_181310.jpg.0165e6d06bd33fa6e9be7daf5e32df0e.jpg

Love  your  plan b. It  should  work  a  treat.

Jim.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for your condolences on the passing of our dear friend and for the warm wishes for Sam. As one of our grandsons said, thank you for having this birthday. We had a wonderful afternoon with our three kids and five grandsons. I’ll try to post a picture tomorrow of the five boys in their masks.

Carol

• Like 25

3 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Our DS was born on January 6, Epiphany Sunday.  With his birth, we started a tradition of leaving all holiday decorations in place, particularly the lights, until January 6.  We reasoned that our lights would help the Wise Men find their way to Bethlehem.  Most years, we do take care of un-decorating on or right after Epiphany Sunday, altho there have a been a few years that the outside lights have hung around until Spring... Happy New Year! 🎉

Our decorations and lights always stayed up until Epiphany.  Jose was bit on that.  Any decorations never came down until then.  So, our lights are on outside but I confess the decorations I brought up were never opened.  It’s been a strange Christmas.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I think my throat feels a little better today. I made my way to the drive thru testing site, with the aid of directions from my phone. It was in an out of the way industrial park. Not much of a line or wait. They said results in 1-2 days. The temps have dropped here; hanging in the low 30's for now.

That is really good news. 👍 Hope you feel better and recover very soon 🤞 

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

I have looked but can't find out anything about @dfishDebbie's lottery winnings.

She said it was enough to pay for her crown.  If she had to go to a “special” place I’m hoping it was more than that.

52 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

DH is on a cleaning spree, I've tried to break the vacuum cleaner twice today, but he keeps fixing it and working.  Now, I'm just trying to stay out of the way.🙀

Oh let the man do the vacuuming.  It’s the job I hate the most ( my meme said it all).  Kills my back.  DH used to do the upstairs for me but I think those days are over.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

I have looked but can't find out anything about @dfishDebbie's lottery winnings.

I won a modest sum on a scratch off ticket.  Not enough for a cruise, but enough to cover the crown setting and maybe a bit of a shopping spree.  Or, I could look at something for one of the cruises I have booked.   

• Like 25

Good afternoon from sunny Western Colorado!  Streets are still icy in our seniors village, but the main roads are clear and dry.  I was able to drive locally to Mass this morning, but didn't try to venture into Grand Junction as I normally would have!

I am on a file cabinet cleaning and purging mission, which also entails lots of shredding.  I always do this in the early part of January to be ready for this year's stuff.  Since I will be gone for a month I decided to get one project done so that I can plan and pack for Hawaii and cruise!

When we had our beloved German Shepherd, Trier, we never had to work on getting pills down him. I always swore that he was a hypochondriac as he would take pills from the palm of our hand!

My computer is in a bedroom on the side of the house, and I just witnessed 6 deer running through the yard between my unit and the units next door!  Surprise, surprise!  Guess that explains all the tracks in the snow.  I didn't realize that the deer were so low this season.

My continued prayers for all those on the care list.  May 2022 bring healing to everyone!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

• Like 21

I don't know what got into me today either, but I got the vacuum out and was going over the guest room carpet, plus the stairs which I hate doing!  Also did some area rugs.  It's a job I hate to do because it hurts my back.  DH was impressed and mentioned I had more energy today, probably because I didn't have to work out (we take off on Sundays).  I also got the Christmas decorations put away including our small tree.

Then I picked out some things in my closet that I haven't worn in a long time, washed them and am planning to donate them.  Getting a head start on spring cleaning, a very big head start.

No chores for the rest of the week!

• Like 17
  • Haha 2

Since today is cool but sunny and with a lighter breeze than yesterday, we took the day off.  Even supper will be easy -- just heat the leftover pizza and pour wine.

We just got back from a 2 1/2 hour drive.  We did a loop that included Brenda, Vicksburg and Bouse, very small communities who's population swells in the winter with snowbirds filling the rv parks.  It looks like there are more snowbirds coming down this year, but still not the numbers we saw pre-covid.

The loop only took us on I-10 for a few miles.  The Interstate was crowded with people headed home after the holidays and with quite a few semis.  The back roads were not crowded. 👍

Last year, I think I mentioned that in the 1800s, the Army experimented with brining camels to the area.  Since then, the camel has become the symbol for Quartzsite.  This year, someone has brought some camels to town, and they will be in the Hi Jolly Parade Saturday.  The parade is named for Hajdi Ali, the camel driver who came to the area with the camels.  His tomb is a must see in town.  I thought I had a picture but I can't find it on the tablet.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm glad you got to have Sam's birthday party and that it went well.  After the loss of your dear friend, the party was a reaffirmation of life, family and friends.  Remember the good times everyone had on all those NYEs spent together.

Lenda

• Like 22