The Daily for Tuesday 01/04/2022

richwmn

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

A slightly chilly 11 F  😁  here after almost ten inches of snow yesterday. Our electric meter must be spinning as both heat pumps are using the auxiliary heating grids! Sorry to see all the people that are marooned in a 45-mile long traffic jam on I-95 here in Virginia south of DC.

I might try to wrestle the snow blower out of the shed today.

Stay safe!

- Jack

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Spaghetti is a favorite meal of mine.  I was planning on making goulash for dinner so I’ll see how busy work is and may change my plans.  While I thought DH was waiting for test results he was waiting on a hospital decision on whether or not to test him.  They decided against it since he is a third party employee.  He struggled to find appointments and has one on Thursday, Saturday and Monday.  If he didn’t have any symptoms then it would have been sooner.  Very odd.  So until he gets a negative result he is underfoot while I work at home.

We’ve been to San Diego once to catch the Amsterdam for a full transit of the canal.  It was a wonderful Christmas and New Years cruise.

I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.png.16ab985ee1da202b09761002aa2afb18.png

• Like 30
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Just a quick good morning as we are hitting the road and headed home.

Sad to say we have cancelled our two week stay in Cancun. Just to many if’s!

DSIL is still in hospital and test are starting reveal causes which can be managed or repaired. Such bonding among the twins.

Our county in Florida made the news yesterday when it snowed with no accumulation. We have lived here since 95 and that is only the second time. The one before that was enough to shut everything down for a day.

Thanks to all.

Hopefully, the doctors will figure out a game plan soon that will get your DSIL on the road to a full recovery.  I heard about your snow event yesterday.  We are two counties to the east (Bay) and all we got were cold temperatures.  Of course, when I read what weather our northern friends have been experiencing, I feel very fortunate!

• Like 24

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  Braille, what an advancement that was!  I enjoy trivia although sometimes the competition gets a bit out of hand.  I like spaghetti but don't have any in the house so I'll need to see if I can get out.  I'll pass on the meal but love the Einstein Quote.  San Diego is a sad reminder to me of how long it's been since Denise has posted.  

The snow stopped but it's well below freezing this morning so anything that melted yesterday will be solid ice this morning. 

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Colorado Wildfires
My pastor with breakthrough covid
Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Tana’s continuing struggles with pneumonia added on
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
From the rotation:
positive biopsy for Mtn2Sea appointment January 19
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise.
Recovery for StLouisCruisers Niece DH after throat cancer surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

6 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
5 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 1/9 to 1/16)
5 days for sassy~one (Rotterdam 1/9 to 1/29)
Carnival Group  hospital ships Noordam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
Aliaschief on babysitting duty
summer slope (1/29), Seasick Sailor (1/16), Av8rix(Rotterdam to 1/9) and Ichiban Nekko (Nieuw Amsterdam to 1/8) at sea
Welcome home Lindaler, garlictown, Sharon,  Rich, and  Copper10_8
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy, I hope your side effects are not too great.   Thank for posting the lists.

• Like 10

Good morning friends!  Geez, it's cold today!  We drove to the gym today and saw 26F pop up on the car thermometer.  No snow here for us Julia @JAM37.  How surprising to read about the panhandle snow in Florida.  I'm glad nothing stuck but still it must have been quite a treat to see.  On the other hand, I've been watching the news reports of the motorists stuck on I-95 near Fredricksburg, Virginia.  This is a serious problem because people could be freezing to death while stranded.  I remember this happened one year in Indiana on I-64 while we were visiting our daughter in Ohio.  We had driven through there a day or two earlier.  Prayers for everyone that they get out of this safely!  

First, today is my DGD Ashley's 22nd birthday, the one who graduated from college last month.  Hugs and kisses to her - she is such a sweetheart!❤️

Thanks to our leader Rich @richwmnfor starting the Daily each morning.  Also to Roy @rafinmdfor presenting his lists each day.  You might want to take off @garlictownfrom the welcome home list because she's still onboard.  Prayers for all who need them especially our friend Jacqui @kazuand her dear Jose.  We hope something new is found out today which will assist the doctors.  And prayers for @aliaschief's DSIL who is still in the hospital.  Hope she will be home soon.  Sorry about the Cancun trip though!

Yesterday was an in-service day for DD who is a teacher, then after work she had an MRI done before her wrist (carpal tunnel) and elbow (tendonitis) surgery on Jan. 12.  And today the students return to classes after their Christmas break.  I'm sure this will be a busy week for her as she prepares lesson plans for the substitute teacher.  But then, she's always busy.  In fact, I think her license plate on her car is actually ALWYS BZ!!😂

No thank you to the menu suggestion.  However, I do love spaghetti so that will do quite nicely.  Gerry, @ger_77can I come over to dinner tonight?  That baked spaghetti casserole accompanied by a green salad and wine sounds divine!  Trivia Day is popular among many cruisers, and World Braille Day is a fine celebration of a method of reading that helps so many people.  San Diego is a nice place to visit especially on a cruise.  I still have one set of friends who live there but another long-time friend from high school left S.D. to move to Texas a couple years ago.  So many of my friends in California have left already.  They have some work to do there if they want to retain their population.  Speaking of San Diego, where is our Dailyite Denise @DeeniEncinitas??  I know everyone would love to hear from her again.  She must have lots to tell us about what she's been up to.  

Trying to stay warm here while I catch up on the Daily.  Have a good day all!

• Like 25

Good morning  everyone. @ger_77,Geri,I like the valedictorian spaghetti  idea and may assemble that for the group later,thanks for the good idea .Do you use special gloves outside when shoveling?I find I need 2 pairs of gloves for our much warmer temperatures. I know,I am a wimp!

We throughly enjoyed San Diego with DD and DSIL  prior  to what we  call "The best cruise ever" to Hawaii.My pictures are on my laptop  which CC does not play nicely  with.We went to the beach and were the only people  in the water in January. The San Diego Zoo was also a highlight. Good times.

Our Tana continues to struggle  and  will be seen by a visiting  nurse today.She is pretty weak and DH and I have made sure we are with her when she walks.She told me this morning  that she doesn't  feel worse  and we both decided that it was really  a good thing.

Terry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Geez, it's cold today!  We drove to the gym today and saw 26F pop up on the car thermometer.  No snow here for us Julia @JAM37.  How surprising to read about the panhandle snow in Florida.  I'm glad nothing stuck but still it must have been quite a treat to see.  On the other hand, I've been watching the news reports of the motorists stuck on I-95 near Fredricksburg, Virginia.  This is a serious problem because people could be freezing to death while stranded.  I remember this happened one year in Indiana on I-64 while we were visiting our daughter in Ohio.  We had driven through there a day or two earlier.  Prayers for everyone that they get out of this safely!  

First, today is my DGD Ashley's 22nd birthday, the one who graduated from college last month.  Hugs and kisses to her - she is such a sweetheart!❤️

Thanks to our leader Rich @richwmnfor starting the Daily each morning.  Also to Roy @rafinmdfor presenting his lists each day.  You might want to take off @garlictownfrom the welcome home list because she's still onboard.  Prayers for all who need them especially our friend Jacqui @kazuand her dear Jose.  We hope something new is found out today which will assist the doctors.  And prayers for @aliaschief's DSIL who is still in the hospital.  Hope she will be home soon.  Sorry about the Cancun trip though!

Yesterday was an in-service day for DD who is a teacher, then after work she had an MRI done before her wrist (carpal tunnel) and elbow (tendonitis) surgery on Jan. 12.  And today the students return to classes after their Christmas break.  I'm sure this will be a busy week for her as she prepares lesson plans for the substitute teacher.  But then, she's always busy.  In fact, I think her license plate on her car is actually ALWYS BZ!!😂

No thank you to the menu suggestion.  However, I do love spaghetti so that will do quite nicely.  Gerry, @ger_77can I come over to dinner tonight?  That baked spaghetti casserole accompanied by a green salad and wine sounds divine!  Trivia Day is popular among many cruisers, and World Braille Day is a fine celebration of a method of reading that helps so many people.  San Diego is a nice place to visit especially on a cruise.  I still have one set of friends who live there but another long-time friend from high school left S.D. to move to Texas a couple years ago.  So many of my friends in California have left already.  They have some work to do there if they want to retain their population.  Speaking of San Diego, where is our Dailyite Denise @DeeniEncinitas??  I know everyone would love to hear from her again.  She must have lots to tell us about what she's been up to.  

Happy 22nd birthday Ashley.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  everyone. @ger_77,Geri,I like the valedictorian spaghetti  idea and may assemble that for the group later,thanks for the good idea .Do you use special gloves outside when shoveling?I find I need 2 pairs of gloves for our much warmer temperatures. I know,I am a wimp!

We throughly enjoyed San Diego with DD and DSIL  prior  to what we  call "The best cruise ever" to Hawaii.My pictures are on my laptop  which CC does not play nicely  with.We went to the beach and were the only people  in the water in January. The San Diego Zoo was also a highlight. Good times.

Our Tana continues to struggle  and  will be seen by a visiting  nurse today.She is pretty weak and DH and I have made sure we are with her when she walks.She told me this morning  that she doesn't  feel worse  and we both decided that it was really  a good thing.

Terry

Sending our good wishes for Tana and hope her nurses visit goes well today.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 22nd birthday Ashley.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

Thanks Graham!  I just received a very nice text from Ashley moments ago.  She was born four days into the 2000's so her age is so easy to remember.  Her due date was Dec. 31, 1999.  Remember all the hullabaloo during that time period about Y2K?  Crazy times!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Graham!  I just received a very nice text from Ashley moments ago.  She was born four days into the 2000's so her age is so easy to remember.  Her due date was Dec. 31, 1999.  Remember all the hullabaloo during that time period about Y2K?  Crazy times!

We were in Dublin then for the  New year's celebrations.

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy  Birthday  to your DGD

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our good wishes for Tana and hope her nurses visit goes well today.

Graham.

Thank you so much.We  hope so too.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@smitty34877it's hard to hear of someone that young struggling so much health wise.  I believe you told us she had long haul Covid problems.  She certainly seems to have some very bad repercussions from it!  I hope they are studying her case and seeing what they can learn from her, so that they can come up with new protocols.  And thank goodness for her supporters in your family.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a cool but sunny day at the beach

No snow here in Brevard county but it was very windy yesterday.

My family loves spaghetti, in fact it is on the menu for today. DH and I play trivia and enjoy it very much.  Our group is the reigning champions, have won the last 3 weeks. It is a lot of fun and no drama. Unfortunately we do not play on a ship because it becomes too much.

San Diego is a great city, Have been there many times. Last time we did the Hop on , Hop off and really enjoyed it. Will be back there ( hopefully) in October.

Prayers for everyone whether on the list or not.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi,thank you  for your kind words.The situation began with long covid and she found out several months ago that she has idiopathic  pulmonary fibrosis. That unfortunately  carries a very poor prognosis.She doesn't give up under any circumstances  and is an example to all of us here with her.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

I worked a split shift yesterday so that I could fix a left over spaghetti meal.  DH dumped out the left overs, because we had already eaten it three times.  I love left over spaghetti!  The flavors all marry, and then when you add to it, you get a whole family of flavor.

However during lunch yesterday my endocrinologist doctor called with some stressful news.  I know she wanted me to be OK with it before she got off the phone with me, but it's like, this is what's happening, but lets do the next series of tests, and then we will decide what to do with it.  So this is how it happened.

Several years ago my doc, who believes I should have a chest x ray every year, because I smoke, told me that they had found a "Spot" and that they would continue to check it, that it was a gland.  And left it at that.  The next two years, nothing.  BUT it turns out that the spot was actually not any where near my lungs, the operator had actually taken a picture of my adrenal gland above my kidney.  So when chest x rays were done correctly "Spot" didn't show up.  My dietician sent me to an endocrinologist this past year, and she looked at the original x ray, realized what it was and sent me to get an CAT scan in November..  And she finally got the results back yesterday.  "Spot" had grown, and there is a tumor on my adrenal gland.  When I come back in to see her in February, they will run a bunch of blood tests (this is on a fast) and they will give me a bunch of bottles and I must do a series of urine tests over a 24 hour period.  If the tests show large amounts of certain hormones, the tumor comes out.  And probably the gland too.  If the tests come back with out those results, it's another wait and see if the tumor keeps growing.  This type of tumor causes high blood sugar, high blood pressure, anxiety, well in other words all the things I have been going through for the last several years.  And probably would never have been found, if the first technician hadn't made a mistake, and the second doctor actually knew what they were looking at.

DH said he was sorry I was having this problem, and he is quite worried.  I am worried, but everything is in God's hands, and since I try to take one day at a time, I cant worry about something that cant be changed until the tests are done.  Breath in, breath out.  

On that note, I really am looking forward even more to get together with BFF in May!  And maybe I should learn to procrastinate less.

DH works in the same telemarketing company that I do, but we work different campaigns, and with the new variant of Covid, his campaign was closed yesterday.  I was warned that one of my campaigns would probably be ending, ( I work two)but the other campaign in a state where no one pays much  heed to the the situation around them, I still have a job,  Will be cutting hours, but this week I still have a job.  Which takes us back to the Einstein quote......which i find to be true every day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for the Tuesday Daily, Rich 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  I’ll happily celebrate Braille as it is Godsend for the blind.  Sorry to say but as much as I like Italy and Italian food, spaghetti is not on my list.  

Sadly that quote of Einstein is ever so true!

I think many daily - ites have been to San Diego.  I enjoy visiting there but not embarking or disembarking.  The few times we have done it, it has been a real mess.

I wish I had seen this when it was “toss the fruitcake” day.

09161582-6850-4F74-9977-B885FBCCFF59.thumb.jpeg.578750a2b0ca790630122c369822724d.jpeg

It is really c-c-c-cold here.  Marley doesn’t think it is that cold so I am putting a leash on him every time he goes out so I can bring him in if need be.  It’s not safe for any dog to be out more than 10 minutes max. 😱 

1F78FE81-36EA-44F6-B1DD-504015591F1F.thumb.jpeg.2fcd50ce1d057be879a3dc31abc79d06.jpeg

I decided I should consider doing a dry January too like so many others and swore I would not let any wine touch my lips:

B20D2F02-5AF9-4C21-B34C-7EEE42B93E38.thumb.jpeg.8c116a7257012922fa0e84319cf410a3.jpeg

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

bad time with the CC Gremlins this morning, had to switch to Chrome in order to post this morning.

Hopefully things will get better soon, but this is really getting bad.

The gremlins attacked me this morning too, Rich 😔. I was in the middle of posting when the doctor called and when I went back to CC the gremlins had attacked.  This is getting old 😡 

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Quick post of the drink of the day.  Off on a Calypso Tram ride today in Turks.

Have fun!

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Sad to say we have cancelled our two week stay in Cancun. Just to many if’s!

Sorry to hear that - but, totally understandable with everything going on.

Hope your DSIL can be helped by the hospital staff and recovers soon 🙏🏻 

Yikes on your snow 😱 

56 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

A very happy birthday to Ashley!  

31B35413-D66B-4B2E-A9D1-AC2AAD6C996F.jpeg.379e1454539463db2597461592376b51.jpeg

48 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Definitely not feeling worse is a good thing but I am praying that Tana starts to feel better 🙏🏻 

I feel for those people stuck in their cars & trucks on the highway.  Way too cold for that 😔. I heard a funny noise outside and thought someone was having trouble getting their car to start.  Nope, it was the generator struggling to come on to do it’s auto check.  It didn’t sound happy but it was on.  Looks like more messy weather here and in too many places.  I think it’s time to take this advice:

C66FF97B-FBAA-4AE3-B12E-4545236779BB.thumb.jpeg.5eb92c64b160b94960751f216e92d869.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list and for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Tuesday everyone !!!!!

3836DD8E-D16D-4E92-AC15-E43CC42B9509.thumb.jpeg.b3e6831d535c1de48fb4c6a86eb4620b.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I worked a split shift yesterday so that I could fix a left over spaghetti meal.  DH dumped out the left overs, because we had already eaten it three times.  I love left over spaghetti!  The flavors all marry, and then when you add to it, you get a whole family of flavor.

However during lunch yesterday my endocrinologist doctor called with some stressful news.  I know she wanted me to be OK with it before she got off the phone with me, but it's like, this is what's happening, but lets do the next series of tests, and then we will decide what to do with it.  So this is how it happened.

Several years ago my doc, who believes I should have a chest x ray every year, because I smoke, told me that they had found a "Spot" and that they would continue to check it, that it was a gland.  And left it at that.  The next two years, nothing.  BUT it turns out that the spot was actually not any where near my lungs, the operator had actually taken a picture of my adrenal gland above my kidney.  So when chest x rays were done correctly "Spot" didn't show up.  My dietician sent me to an endocrinologist this past year, and she looked at the original x ray, realized what it was and sent me to get an CAT scan in November..  And she finally got the results back yesterday.  "Spot" had grown, and there is a tumor on my adrenal gland.  When I come back in to see her in February, they will run a bunch of blood tests (this is on a fast) and they will give me a bunch of bottles and I must do a series of urine tests over a 24 hour period.  If the tests show large amounts of certain hormones, the tumor comes out.  And probably the gland too.  If the tests come back with out those results, it's another wait and see if the tumor keeps growing.  This type of tumor causes high blood sugar, high blood pressure, anxiety, well in other words all the things I have been going through for the last several years.  And probably would never have been found, if the first technician hadn't made a mistake, and the second doctor actually knew what they were looking at.

DH said he was sorry I was having this problem, and he is quite worried.  I am worried, but everything is in God's hands, and since I try to take one day at a time, I cant worry about something that cant be changed until the tests are done.  Breath in, breath out.  

On that note, I really am looking forward even more to get together with BFF in May!  And maybe I should learn to procrastinate less.

DH works in the same telemarketing company that I do, but we work different campaigns, and with the new variant of Covid, his campaign was closed yesterday.  I was warned that one of my campaigns would probably be ending, ( I work two)but the other campaign in a state where no one pays much  heed to the the situation around them, I still have a job,  Will be cutting hours, but this week I still have a job.  Which takes us back to the Einstein quote......which i find to be true every day.

I've never heard of anything like that before!  Well, I hope all the testing next month comes out well for you.  Sorry about all the health issues you've been going through.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of driving south, last Monday when we drove south to get home from Christmas in Ohio I saw many pickup trucks and travel trailers with Ontario plates on them driving through on their way to Florida.  No one ever stops and parks their trailers here in Georgia for the winter, just Florida.  We're not warm enough for them!😂  Anyway, a marked difference from last year's traffic on I-75.  I just hope they didn't stop and park on the panhandle because that's where the snow flurries were yesterday!❄️🥶

• Like 17
  • Haha 4