Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

10 hours ago, Labber 2 said:

I was getting the same responses, they were trying to be very helpful and responsive, but I just was still not convinced with the wording on the website. I have rec'd an acknowledgement email indicating they rec'd mine. The response said it may take time for them to respond due to the overwhelming number if calls and emails they are receiving. Which is understandable. Fingers crossed I hear back relatively soon and I will absolute post will as soon as I hear! For me, its pretty much and make or break deal as to whether I go or not. 

Good News! I spoke to my Princess planner today and she said there is an update on the website today. I found it and it reads as follows:

UPDATED: What if I test positive at disembarkation while being tested as a requirement for re-entry to my home country?

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from travel protection plan or other responsible party.

Additionally, any shoreside meals will be covered through Princess by a per diem meal allowance. We will provide a dedicated Family Assistance liaison for care and logistical shoreside support and provide assistance opening insurance claims for those guests who purchased travel protection.

If you are unable to travel, our Family Assistance department will coordinate lodging and insurance support.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

Good News! I spoke to my Princess planner today and she said there is an update on the website today. I found it and it reads as follows:

UPDATED: What if I test positive at disembarkation while being tested as a requirement for re-entry to my home country?

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from travel protection plan or other responsible party.

Additionally, any shoreside meals will be covered through Princess by a per diem meal allowance. We will provide a dedicated Family Assistance liaison for care and logistical shoreside support and provide assistance opening insurance claims for those guests who purchased travel protection.

If you are unable to travel, our Family Assistance department will coordinate lodging and insurance support.

That is wonderful news! Thank you so much for posting. Maybe since so many of us were asking the same question they realized a clarification was the best thing to do!! So relieved!! 

Edited by Labber 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

What a relief! Thanks for letting us know! Have been exchanging emails with my Princess Rep. to clarify and sent a message to Customer Relations. I guess they received the same question so many times, it was best to put it on their website! Now counting down to February 13th... :)

• Like 2

I noticed that Princess’ testing policy has quietly been tweaked to inform passengers that even if you tested in the two-day period prior to your sail that you now might be tested AGAIN at the dock before being allowed on the ship. This is in addition to the mid sail testings that passengers on longer voyages can look forward to. 

I want to sail in safety and I want to be ensured that my fellow passengers are healthy too, but I also believe that these policies are a bit of overkill that really detract from common sense. They’d be better off just quarantining all incoming passengers for five days than forcing passengers to participate in redundant multiple testings throughout their “vacation”.

I’m having a real hard time getting excited about our 16 day sail in March, thinking about this obnoxious overload of testing requirements. 

Sigh. 

2 hours ago, TXcruiser13 said:

I noticed that Princess’ testing policy has quietly been tweaked to inform passengers that even if you tested in the two-day period prior to your sail that you now might be tested AGAIN at the dock before being allowed on the ship. This is in addition to the mid sail testings that passengers on longer voyages can look forward to. 

I want to sail in safety and I want to be ensured that my fellow passengers are healthy too, but I also believe that these policies are a bit of overkill that really detract from common sense. They’d be better off just quarantining all incoming passengers for five days than forcing passengers to participate in redundant multiple testings throughout their “vacation”.

I’m having a real hard time getting excited about our 16 day sail in March, thinking about this obnoxious overload of testing requirements. 

Sigh. 

Some of those "obnoxious overload of testing requirements" are required by the places that you are choosing to sail to, and they are in the interest of  keeping you and other passengers, as well as people in areas you visit, safe... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/20/2022 at 1:59 PM, pilot said:

Want to share my experience with BeeperMD.

I am sailing on Celebrity Apex Jan 22, Sky Princess Jan 29, and Holland America Rotterdam Feb 5.

I made an online appointment with BeeperMD on Dec 8 for my wife and I to test on Jan 20, between 11:00 - 1:00, 2 days before departure. In the comments I stated that we were staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel and would meet the tester in the lobby. 

I got an immediate email confirmation. I didn’t hear anything else.

I was not comfortable with this and had a backup plan.  Was able to get appointments at Walgreens on Sunrise, then would plan on a trip to LabDoc on 17th, and last our eMed test kits.

I called BeeperMD at 11:00 (start of appointment window).  Was told tester would be at hotel at 11:30.  She walked into lobby at 11:30. 

We found a quiet spot to test. It took her about 25 minutes to complete both tests (negative) and do a zoom with a nurse practitioner to certify tests and enter paperwork.

At 12:15 I got an email that the test was complete and there was no charge. 

At 1:00 we got confirmation emails that both tests were negative. 

This process could not have been easier. I would recommend you have a backup plan in case of a problem.

Will use our eMed Abbott kits for cruise 2 and 3. 

Sent from my iPad

I just read about this company and how they are “ghosting” people and not showing up. I believe I’ll stick with the recommendation by Princess 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Milaandra said:

I just stumbled across something on the Princess site that said passengers would not be allowed to leave the ship in port unless they were on a ship excursion...say it ain't so!! Has that been happening?

NO!

1 hour ago, Milaandra said:

I just stumbled across something on the Princess site that said passengers would not be allowed to leave the ship in port unless they were on a ship excursion...say it ain't so!! Has that been happening?

When this happens it is not Princess making that decision; it is the port.  The on-line FAQs for Sailings has this information in the Excursion section https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/ :

Currently, only Princess shore excursions are permitted in:

• Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Gatun Lake, Panama
  • Roseau, Dominica
  • Castries, St. Lucia

At this time, fully vaccinated guests can explore other destinations on their own or on independent third-party tours. This is subject to change at any time. Guests must follow the destination’s health guidelines at all times.

We were on the Western Caribbean itinerary on the Caribbean Princess January 2 - 9.  In our cabin upon embarkation was a note listing the destination ports each with three columns:  Princess Shore Excursions, Port Authorized Tours, Independent Tours and Explorations.  The appropriate boxes were checked for the allowed options.  In our case, all were check marked.  But there was always the possibility that the options for any port (including if the ship could dock at all) could change will little or no notice.

Added: @Milaandra - I just notice you are in Scotland. I don't know your itinerary but the information I posted above is for sailings from the US.

Edited by capriccio

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

Added: @Milaandra - I just notice you are in Scotland. I don't know your itinerary but the information I posted above is for sailings from the US.

We're doing the Baltic for the first time, and I'd really hate to get stuck with shore excursions ($$$).  I know St. Petersburg already requires an official tour, and Poland is currently still on a quarantine situation, but the other ports are only requiring negative tests (if anything at all).  And, of course, everything is changing quite quickly, so who knows what it will be in May.  I'm glad to know that it isn't a company choice, per se, but just a way of getting people off the ship where they otherwise couldn't.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, TXcruiser13 said:

Sigh. 

I don't know, I don't mind the testing if it's what has been decided to allow us to cruise. I was "lucky" enough to be tested EVERY WEEK from mid July to Christmas in order to participate in community theatre and heading back to weekly testing starting this mid February. You do what you gotta do to do what you love. These are not normal times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Any Canadians got any experience with the post cruise PCR testing in LA after Majestic cruises how long it’s taking I am flying back late in the afternoon to Toronto via Vancouver now Air Canada has cancelled the direct flight and rebooked 

people on the 12:15 flight..  however long it takes that flight is pushing it time wise

19 hours ago, girlcruiser said:

Any Canadians got any experience with the post cruise PCR testing in LA after Majestic cruises how long it’s taking I am flying back late in the afternoon to Toronto via Vancouver now Air Canada has cancelled the direct flight and rebooked 

people on the 12:15 flight..  however long it takes that flight is pushing it time wise

Not yet, but we are disembarking in LA on Feb 5th so I can report back. I booked a 5 pm flight just in case. If it’s fast, I guess we’ll just try to get on to an earlier flight.

Our plans are to fly from Seattle to Anchorage for a cruise tour and then cruise to Vancouver and drive a rental back to Seattle in early June.  Will we be required to take a covid test before docking in Vancouver and would there be a problem in renting an auto to cross the border?  I'm not even sure if Princess will stop in Vancouver as it may sail on to Seattle saving us one headache.

Edited by cruzysuzy

We will be sailing on Emerald Princess on a B2B in March.  I have looked for detailed information on what Princess protocols and requirements are for quarantining just in case one of us tested positive at any point but didn't really find very much.  I am not planning to need this but being prepared would give me some peace of mind.  Any info would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone-. I copied the information below which was posted on our British Isles Roll Call. The poster is from England and on our Roll Call. This is great news!

"What we're doing on travel, to show that this country is open for business, open for travellers, you will see changes so that people arriving no longer have to take tests if they have been vaccinated, if they have been double vaccinated," he added.

2 hours ago, colonialinnkeeper said:

We will be sailing on Emerald Princess on a B2B in March.  I have looked for detailed information on what Princess protocols and requirements are for quarantining just in case one of us tested positive at any point but didn't really find very much.  I am not planning to need this but being prepared would give me some peace of mind.  Any info would be appreciated.

I think everyone would like this.  I know we would feel so much better knowing.

19 minutes ago, nini said:

The following links will answer many questions regarding Princess protocols. It is very helpful.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/covid-19-protection-program/

I was just reading through the covid 19 protection program also and I would assume if you’re at the beginning or middle of a lot of b2b’s when you test positive, they would just cancel the rest of your b2b’s as you would quarantine then for 5-10 days?  What if you had

cruises still after that date, which are part of your b2b’s?  

The PCL rep would probably ask you

what you wanted to do?  

Edited by PacnGoNow