Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

21 minutes ago, dchan865 said:

Just curious. If you guys have bought the Abbott's Binaxnow RX test kit recently, what's the expiration date on it?   I have couple cruised lined up that is 10 months apart. I am hoping the test kit has a long shelf life.

Who can predict what requirements there will be months down the line. I would hold off for quite awhile. Who knows in 10 months there may not be any requirements 

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s possible, but there are a lot of CVS locations, even an Uber ride might work.

You do have to test within 2 days before the cruise in ADDITION to the same day port test.  As of right now.  Things change quickly.  What month are you cruising?  Are you staying at the Mark Hopkins?  Think we chatted before. 😊

We cruise in March and you kindly suggested I contact the Mark Hopkins hotel which I have done today.  
I’m hoping it will change as it’s getting quite complicated to travel to the US and cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mturvey said:

We cruise in March and you kindly suggested I contact the Mark Hopkins hotel which I have done today.  
I’m hoping it will change as it’s getting quite complicated to travel to the US and cruise.

I know and the same for traveling to Europe for us.  I’m trying to see what Italy, Spain, Portugal and the other countries in the Med are doing?  Many changes going on.

March is getting close.  There are quite a few testing places in the SFO area, I’m sure you’ll find one that works.  Did you find anyone on your roll call that might be in your predicament?

Did you speak with Princess in the UK?

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

Who can predict what requirements there will be months down the line. I would hold off for quite awhile. Who knows in 10 months there may not be any requirements 

The last postings I saw were expiration dates Dec 22 & Jan 23.  These were from posters that received the new batches that shipped this week.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I know and the same for traveling to Europe for us.  I’m trying to see what Italy, Spain, Portugal and the other countries in the Med are doing?  Many changes going on.

March is getting close.  There are quite a few testing places in the SFO area, I’m sure you’ll find one that works.  Did you find anyone on your roll call that might be in your predicament?

Did you speak with Princess in the UK?

It is now getting much easier to travel in Europe.  We no longer need tests to get in the UK.  Six weeks to go so not sure there will be a change by then.

I asked the question on the roll call but didn’t get a response apart from ordering online.  Yes we have spoken to Princess but they just recommended DocGo.  We will try them again. 
thank you for your help.

33 minutes ago, mturvey said:

It is now getting much easier to travel in Europe.  We no longer need tests to get in the UK.  Six weeks to go so not sure there will be a change by then.

I asked the question on the roll call but didn’t get a response apart from ordering online.  Yes we have spoken to Princess but they just recommended DocGo.  We will try them again. 
thank you for your help.

Of course.  I called the clinic close to your hotel and they do have walk in, self pay, which you can reserve ahead of time. I left a message for the price.

https://www.gohealthuc.com/save-my-spot?virtual=true

The place I called Is 1600 Market St, about 1.4 miles away and you would have to uber over prob.  If they call back,

I will post the price.  The chat said they

will take walk ups and self pay.  Some of these private clinics are very pricey.

Probably DocGo is your best bet, at the port.  

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Of course.  I called the clinic close to your hotel and they do have walk in, self pay, which you can reserve ahead of time. I left a message for the price.

https://www.gohealthuc.com/save-my-spot?virtual=true

The place I called Is 1600 Market St, about 1.4 miles away and you would have to uber over prob.  If they call back,

I will post the price.  The chat said they

will take walk ups and self pay.  Some of these private clinics are very pricey.

Probably DocGo is your best bet, at the port.  

Forget that. They just called me only rapid pcr..very expensive.

She said try:

covidclinic.org

does rapid antigen. They are all over the bay area.

45 minutes ago, mturvey said:

thank you for your help.

Okay, I checked the price of a rapid antigen is $125 with  covidclinic.org

Is there a way Princess can make a reservation for you with DocGo?

1 hour ago, mturvey said:

I posted a topic on the West Coast departure board CC.  Hope someone has an idea.  I could help find places for you in other ports, but this one is a hard one.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2828208-covid-testing-in-sfo-for-uk-cruiser/

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, mturvey said:

thank you for your help.

Here is the link for cruise testing DocGo.

You have to sign up for an account.

Let me know if it works for you.

https://docgo.com/cruiseguests/

Really sorry if this is answered earlier but couldn't find it. A question for people with recent knowledge of UK cruises.

We are thinking of booking a UK cruise in May now that the UK is opening up with no need for tests pre or post arrival. We would be in the UK (from Aust) about two to three days prior to the cruise and staying in London. I am aware that their US cruises require a Covid test within a few days of the cruise, however do Princess UK cruises have the same requirement. I can't find an up to date answer. If we do have to get a PCR test, can someone familiar with the UK procedures please advise the best way/places to get it done. I am fully across the Australian system but not sure how the tests are administered in the UK. We will need a PCR to get on a plane from here but with the time lost before the flight and the 25 hour flight travel time, the tests validity will expire before the cruise date. We are fully vaccinated, including boosters.

Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

Really sorry if this is answered earlier but couldn't find it. A question for people with recent knowledge of UK cruises.

We are thinking of booking a UK cruise in May now that the UK is opening up with no need for tests pre or post arrival. We would be in the UK (from Aust) about two to three days prior to the cruise and staying in London. I am aware that their US cruises require a Covid test within a few days of the cruise, however do Princess UK cruises have the same requirement. I can't find an up to date answer. If we do have to get a PCR test, can someone familiar with the UK procedures please advise the best way/places to get it done. I am fully across the Australian system but not sure how the tests are administered in the UK. We will need a PCR to get on a plane from here but with the time lost before the flight and the 25 hour flight travel time, the tests validity will expire before the cruise date. We are fully vaccinated, including boosters.

Thanks for any help.

Cruises out of Southampton are currently undertaking dockside testing prior to boarding and it’s very much a pass or fail scenario. 

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here is the link for cruise testing DocGo.

You have to sign up for an account.

Let me know if it works for you.

https://docgo.com/cruiseguests/

Thank you so much for all your help. 
We tried to sign up for this previously but needed to enter a US address.  We will contact Princess again and ask for their advice on how to sign up for this and at the same keep our fingers crossed the rules may change before we go.

7 hours ago, mturvey said:

Thank you so much for all your help. 
We tried to sign up for this previously but needed to enter a US address.  We will contact Princess again and ask for their advice on how to sign up for this and at the same keep our fingers crossed the rules may change before we go.

I called DocGo for you, customer service

this morning.  Their headquarters is in NY.

She said use the Port Address in place of your own address.  

James R. Herman Cruise Terminal

Princess Cruises Pier 27, Embarcadero

San Francisco, CA 94133

Also, the phone information does allow you to use your

UK phone number.  You’ll see a drop down menu to add the country code, etc.

Some of the ports you use a credit card to pay ahead of time and she said you should be able to enter that if needed.  Other ports you will have it added to your folio onboard.

This is the way I would go, if you still need a covid test.  Reserve it ahead of time.  Not likely it will change in March, but who knows?

Tonna

We understand that it may be difficult for some of our guests to find testing that can provide results within a 2-day turnaround. Another testing option may be available for fully vaccinated guests on select voyages who are having trouble getting a pre-cruise testing appointment. For voyages departing from Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles or San Francisco through February 28, 2022 we will be able to provide a limited number of antigen tests for fully vaccinated guests only at a cost of $100 per person. Reservations are required and may be made up to 10 days in advance. Testing will take place on embarkation day at the cruise terminal. Test appointments are subject to capacity restrictions and reservations are required. Visit the DocGo website for more information^.

Edited by PacnGoNow

11 hours ago, leck57 said:

Thanks for any help.

The UK has lifted the required testing upon arrival, as well as the quarantine. There is a TON of information on the Britain forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I called DocGo for you, customer service

this morning.  Their headquarters is in NY.

She said use the Port Address in place of your own address.  

James R. Herman Cruise Terminal

Princess Cruises Pier 27, Embarcadero

San Francisco, CA 94133

Also, the phone information does allow you to use your

UK phone number.  You’ll see a drop down menu to add the country code, etc.

Some of the ports you use a credit card to pay ahead of time and she said you should be able to enter that if needed.  Other ports you will have it added to your folio onboard.

This is the way I would go, if you still need a covid test.  Reserve it ahead of time.  Not likely it will change in March, but who knows?

Tonna

We understand that it may be difficult for some of our guests to find testing that can provide results within a 2-day turnaround. Another testing option may be available for fully vaccinated guests on select voyages who are having trouble getting a pre-cruise testing appointment. For voyages departing from Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles or San Francisco through February 28, 2022 we will be able to provide a limited number of antigen tests for fully vaccinated guests only at a cost of $100 per person. Reservations are required and may be made up to 10 days in advance. Testing will take place on embarkation day at the cruise terminal. Test appointments are subject to capacity restrictions and reservations are required. Visit the DocGo website for more information^.

That is so helpful.  Thank-you so much.

I have also had another email today from our hotel in SFO providing me with an email from City Health - support@cityhealth.com - and they sent the following info pasted below.  They also confirmed they do the antigen test.

I am delighted as we now have two options. I love Cruise Critic!

Testing is covered by insurance, if you do not have insurance testing is covered by the CARES ACT and is free to you with a U.S.-issued valid ID or a valid foreign passport. If you are testing for travel to Hawaii, there is a $20 documentation fee. 

There is a $25 document fee for International travelers who need their passport number on their results. Results for the PCR test will be back within 24 to 48 hours. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

17 minutes ago, mturvey said:

That is so helpful.  Thank-you so much.

I have also had another email today from our hotel in SFO providing me with an email from City Health - support@cityhealth.com - and they sent the following info pasted below.  They also confirmed they do the antigen test.

I am delighted as we now have two options. I love Cruise Critic!

Testing is covered by insurance, if you do not have insurance testing is covered by the CARES ACT and is free to you with a U.S.-issued valid ID or a valid foreign passport. If you are testing for travel to Hawaii, there is a $20 documentation fee. 

There is a $25 document fee for International travelers who need their passport number on their results. Results for the PCR test will be back within 24 to 48 hours. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

That’s great!  I knew they could find something for you.  I would email them and see if they take appointments and closer to sailing.  The DocGO will take appointments 10 days ahead and right now port testing through Feb 28. 
Would be great if you wouldn’t need it at all!  Lol

If you could post this on the forum

Covid Test UK SFO and other forums you have been following, that would be great!

Take care.

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s great!  I knew they could find something for you.  I would email them and see if they take appointments and closer to sailing.  The DocGO will take appointments 10 days ahead and right now port testing through Feb 28. 
Would be great if you wouldn’t need it at all!  Lol

If you could post this on the forum

Covid Test UK SFO and other forums you have been following, that would be great!

Take care.

Thank you I have emailed asking if we can make an appointment in advance  or just drop in. Once they get back to me I will post.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nini said:

The UK has lifted the required testing upon arrival, as well as the quarantine. There is a TON of information on the Britain forum.

Thanks, but that wasn't my question. I am asking about Princess' Covid testing requirements before we board.

• Like 1

Sorry if I missed this already.

Scheduled to do an Alaskan Sampler from Vancouver Canada.  We live close in WA so we are planning on taking the train as usual.  Currently Canada requires a neg test within 3 days of crossing or positive with recovery within 180 days.  Issue I'm seeing is all the accepted testing choices and sites near me are 3-5 days for results for the accepted PCR and other forms.  Has anyone had to deal with this yet?  

Edited by scooter6139

43 minutes ago, beachfanatic said:

Does anyone know if you can get on with a doctor's note saying you've reccovered from covid?

And have been vaccinated but are still testing positive or have not been vaccinated?

Edited by capriccio

4 hours ago, epistax said:

Thanks for this thread. I just ordered the $69.99 kit from Optum for my March cruise. I'd rather risk the test is no longer required than risk that the test is no longer available.

Just ordered the same test kits and received this week.  The expiration date is 12/22, so maybe can use them for another trip.  We never know what will be required from day to day, lol.