Lost Birth Certificate

lovebelle

On 1/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Brave groom?  Leaving your denied boarding bride (still in her wedding dress) and going on the cruise without her?  Doesn't say much about his character, IMO.

Sadly, my money would also be on the marriage not lasting.

I meant brave in the snarkiest tone possible. To me it says A LOT about his character....none of it good! 🤣

Edited by eyecantwait

12 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

For the record and somewhat related to this subject, don’t expect a photo of your passport on your cell phone to work in a case where you need your passport. It won’t.  

Agree.  Still might be useful to have a pic or paper copy as it might be useful when trying to replace a lost one.  

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:34 AM, lovebelle said:

My cruise is 3 weeks away and I decided to gather documents together tonight and noticed my birth certificate is not where it should be. My child and partners BC are right there where mine should be but my documents are missing. I went ahead and ordered a copy from vital statistics in NYC but it’s not guaranteed to get here in time. I do have a passport that expired last year that I was planning on renewing after my cruise. But In the event my BC doesn’t arrive on time, what are my options? Has anyone had success proving citizenship with an expired passport?  

Were you successful?  

Idubs, I agree. That is exactly why I keep the photos on my phone. I figure we might be in another country sometime and for whatever reason wind up with that our passports. Figure if we had to go to the US Embassy, they could access the info on the real one quicker. Or should something happen and we wind up having to prove who we are In another country, it could come in somewhat handy.

15 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Idubs, I agree. That is exactly why I keep the photos on my phone. I figure we might be in another country sometime and for whatever reason wind up with that our passports. Figure if we had to go to the US Embassy, they could access the info on the real one quicker. Or should something happen and we wind up having to prove who we are In another country, it could come in somewhat handy.

They can access your info with your name and date of birth. To get a replacement passport you would need to provide proof of citizenship and a photo of your passport meets that requirement, as does a copy of it.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I agree that you would absolutely have to provide those things in order to het a nre passport. However could get into a situation where if they had to offer some proof of who they are, it might be helpful. Wouldn’t be official or allow you to go between countries or anything.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:27 PM, SmoothFlying said:

. Believe ME if this situation ever happens again, I know WHAT I'll say and do.

Mac

I have never taken a trip with someone who would have even considered taking the last seat on a plane and abandoning me while I was in the bathroom. Much less my husband. 

1 minute ago, SmoothFlying said:

Lesson learned....🥵

Luckily, it sounds like the lesson you learned was relatively cheap. Would have been alot more expensive if your next contact with your wife was on the phone when you landed in Nevada!