On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

28 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

So which specialty restaurants are open this week?  Is Solarium open for breakfast and lunch?  Sabors open for lunch?  

No Johnny Rockets breakfast today, not sure about rest of week. 

It was open last week

6 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Did you count the crew that was leaving?

You give me way to much credit. 

I probably could of, I think I saw the first person board. But this was pre coffee😉

BTW, I did not observe it, but a credible source mentioned she noticed crew members smoking on their balconies😱

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I probably could of, I think I saw the first person board. But this was pre coffee😉

I thought that was something right up your alley, but I get it pre coffee, heck I would probally still have been sleeping, so I give you credit there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irishgal432 said:

I thought that was something right up your alley, but I get it pre coffee, heck I would probally still have been sleeping, so I give you credit there.

Laura woke me up to check it out.😉

She heard about it while getting coffee in Cafe Promenade. I was out there around 6:45

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura woke me up to check it out.😉

She heard about it while getting coffee in Cafe Promenade. I was out there around 6:45

Yep I would have still been sleeping for sure...at least it didnt happen in the middle of the night.  Cue the dramatic music

• Haha 3

This might be a good way for the crew to get higher wages.  Crew now allowed to go to whatever ships pays them  the most like a bonus to come join their ship.

All this crew swapping has to be a large strain on each ship when trying to do a great job servicing the ships the correct way.

This is probably why the crew isn' t happy because they are doing jobs that they weren't hired for or trained for.

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This might be a good way for the crew to get higher wages.  Crew now allowed to go to whatever ships pays them  the most like a bonus to come join their ship.

All this crew swapping has to be a large strain on each ship when trying to do a great job servicing the ships the correct way.

This is probably why the crew isn' t happy because they are doing jobs that they weren't hired for or trained for.

Or, they can continue their contract they signed with RCI for a specific length of time at a specific pay based on experience.   Right now, the biggest headache is for the people who have to keep track of who is positive, when their quarantine starts, stops and when they can leave and go to a ship.  Then there's the figuring out which ship they're going to.  

I've seen tons of reports of crew still being positive and upbeat.  It's all called being a team member.  I'm sure we've all done jobs we weren't hired to do at some point. It's called "other duties as assigned".  

Personally I think using a couple of ships for quarantining crew is a brilliant idea.  It allows them to move crew around as necessary and quarantine off away from ships with passengers.   And, then exchange positive crew with those that have finished their quarantines.  Anyone notice, there is zero talk of having to evacuate to a hospital anywhere?  

Edited by BND
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

BTW, Solarium Bistro is closed all week for dinner, so it started getting weird yesterday. Crew seemed very disorganized when we boarded. GS had long lines all day and well into the evening.

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

I am on Odyssey and the Solarium Bistro is closed this week on here too.  

There was an interesting comment I recently read regard Solarium Bistro from a recent review on Odyssey.

• Solarium Bistro was closed all week for “maintenance”. Despite that, the staff never took down the signs with the hours of operation. We were told by the crew that the Solarium Bistro was being used to feed COVID infected crew and that’s why not available. We normally have breakfast at the Bistro and were very disappointed it was closed all week. We also had a first night reservation that they canceled and the staff never made alternative arrangements for us which I didn’t think was professional. They basically left us without a reservation for a night. We went to the MDR without issue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BND said:

Personally I think using a couple of ships for quarantining crew is a brilliant idea.  It allows them to move crew around as necessary and quarantine off away from ships with passengers.   And, then exchange positive crew with those that have finished their quarantines.  Anyone notice, there is zero talk of having to evacuate to a hospital anywhere?  

Knock on wood, we also haven’t heard of guests being evacuated either.🤞

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yeah, Wouldn't be to cool would it leaving on your cruise on one ship and then returning  from your cruise on a different ship. Or second thoughts maybe that would be neat. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, I did not observe it, but a credible source mentioned she noticed crew members smoking on their balconies😱

But, are they making sure to tip their cabin steward? 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

245 crew left today, not one was sick. 👍

Maintenance is the most affected currently, but nothing critical.

We picked up 15 crew. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Guess there wasn't much interest in RoyalUp.

They are raffling 2 Crown Loft Suites this afternoon.

Just changed the raffle to tomorrow. That's stupid. Earlier the better

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

245 crew left today, not one was sick. 👍

Maintenance is the most affected currently, but nothing critical.

We picked up 15 crew. 

Interesting.  Maybe the crew in quarantine was able to get back to their positions, and they didn’t need as many. 

On Oasis, deck 6 is being used by crew for their 10 day quarantine, before going to work. 

We did see one crew member smoking on one of the deck 6 balconies yesterday on Oasis, as we did the consecutive cruiser parade march off and on the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bajathree said:

There was an interesting comment I recently read regard Solarium Bistro from a recent review on Odyssey.

• Solarium Bistro was closed all week for “maintenance”. Despite that, the staff never took down the signs with the hours of operation. We were told by the crew that the Solarium Bistro was being used to feed COVID infected crew and that’s why not available. We normally have breakfast at the Bistro and were very disappointed it was closed all week. We also had a first night reservation that they canceled and the staff never made alternative arrangements for us which I didn’t think was professional. They basically left us without a reservation for a night. We went to the MDR without issue.

I read that bit about Solarium Bistro and covid infected crew in the other thread.  As we know crew who test positive are isolated (as are guests); they are not being fed together in Solarium Bistro (though they’d enjoy going out for a meal if they were allowed, it simply is not).  It was likely a misunderstanding or misinformed crew member chatting inappropriately or even a crew member telling a tall tale to see if guests will believe it. Perhaps the people who would otherwise staff Solarium Bistro are now helping make/box up meals for isolation areas.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Guess there wasn't much interest in RoyalUp.

They are raffling 2 Crown Loft Suites this afternoon

It might not be a lack of interest in RoyalUp, but rather that the cancellations came too late for the RoyalUp system to be utilized.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure yet. Maybe we can get one of the eastern ports

Relieved to hear Captain Patrick's message this morning...we are still a go for St. Maarten (happy was changed back again from St. Kitts).   I seriously doubt we will make St. Thomas again.  Was nice to get the one day credit last week!  Paid for our upgrade from JS to GS last week.  😉 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Indeed desk set up with to check IDs and pick up envelopes with room keys to file onto Jewel.  Still seeing crew coming off our ship.  An officer down the hallway from us pulling luggage out into hallway as well.  

Sooo do we have a week of "days at sea" now...but still have to fuel.  Or are we heading back?  😮 

Ha, yeah! Last 10yrs usually scooting along at 23-24kts couple days my Cruises. Compared to a 5nite Bahama Cruise on Royal 20+ yrs ago that 2+ days we puttered along day/nite off Florida at 3-5kts. One nite awoke at 3am to ship rocking side to side as we were at dead stop. Long as I have my Aft/Corner Balcony, good Food wouldn't mind a Cruise to Nowhere. Like my Sea Days and most my Cruises now are 60/40-50/50 Port to Sea Days. Though do feel for all that expected all the extras that have been canceled lately...

Edited by ONECRUISER