How to Cruise During COVID

37 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't refrigerate my red wine.

I do, but in wine fridges at around 14C. Years ago we found some cheap wine fridges at Target and they have been excellent, especially in summer. We store whites at around 9C.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

Having visited the De Bortoli Cellar Door/Winery out at Griffith, NSW. I can tell you the wine in the 4 litre Premium casks is the same wine as in their bottled Sacred Hill range.  Very good value. It is my every day quaffer, I do have some $20 bottles of wine for 'spethial guests.' or if I am going to a good byo restaurant of which there are a few down here. I go out for dinner twice a week, not keen on going out for lunch.  Tonight in fact, Kohli's Indian, perhaps a Beef Vindaloo, byo wine job for me.

The more you drink the more you save !!

Good to hear you are enjoying the good life eating out.  My favourite meal out is breakfast. With Covid, it has to be outside on a verandah.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't refrigerate my red wine.

You need to cool it a  bit Mic. Who wants to drink red wine at room temp of 35C !   Horrible !!  I like my red wine around 12C, cellar temp.   White wine has to be 5C.

Most of the bottles of red state serve at room temp but they do not mean in a Australian summer, lol.    

Edited by NSWP

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Boxes are too big to put in my fridge so I'm restricted to bottles. Anyway I get more variety that way. 😊

You can get the two litre casks of De Bortoli or other brands, they fit niceley. I used to take a couple on board the ships, they fitted nicely.

95274-1.webp

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Good to hear you are enjoying the good life eating out.  My favourite meal out is breakfast. With Covid, it has to be outside on a verandah.

What is wrong with inside a cafe? Not all cafes/restaurants have outside dining.

Do not let Covid run your life.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What is wrong with inside a cafe? Not all cafes/restaurants have outside dining.

Do not let Covid run your life.

We are spoilt in Queensland with our weather, so most eateries have outside eating areas.  

The problem with inside a cafe is the ventilation.  

Do you remember the young girls who took a trip to Melbourne and brought the virus back to Brisbane?  One poor chap caught the virus at a restaurant sitting at a table next to a table with one of the positive girls.  There was no physical contact between the two. 

Manhattan permitted cafes to extend on to the sidewalk, because of this.

Covid affects everyone's life.  So we made choices.  I recently chose to go to see West Side Story, at a small theatre with a small crowd, because this is my favourite musical. 

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You need to cool it a  bit Mic. Who wants to drink red wine at room temp of 35C !   Horrible !!  I like my red wine around 12C, cellar temp.   White wine has to be 5C.

Most of the bottles of red state serve at room temp but they do not mean in a Australian summer, lol.    

Who has a room temp of 35?

I keep the wine in a cool place, so it is around 12 degrees, once opened it gets drunk, the second glass may be slightly warmer though, but never more than 18 or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

One way to let Covid run  your life is to catch it. 😷

I'm more concerned about long Covid, rather than catching it, without after affects.  My friend and one of her sons in NY had long Covid.  Now that ruins your life, not knowing when you are going to get better, or if you are going to get better.  

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

You can get the two litre casks of De Bortoli or other brands, they fit niceley. I used to take a couple on board the ships, they fitted nicely.

95274-1.webp

Still too big. My fridge is usually chocka with food, and the wine fridges only store bottles. Since most of our wine is stored in the wine fridges they are at perfect drinking temperature. Regular fridge temps are actually a bit too cold for wine.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Still too big. My fridge is usually chocka with food, and the wine fridges only store bottles. Since most of our wine is stored in the wine fridges they are at perfect drinking temperature. Regular fridge temps are actually a bit too cold for wine.

When we go on holidays with our extended family and have limited fridge room, I de-cant some cask wine into a wine bottle so it doesn't take up too much room in the fridge.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That is just another Romeo and Juliet story, 

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, but Steven Spielberg at his best!  This is a brilliant movie.

That's like saying a Ferrari is just another car. The original was awarded 10 Oscars. I agree with MMDown Under.

Edited by Russell21

On 1/14/2022 at 8:29 AM, Aus Traveller said:

Clive claimed he was building Titanic II, but he didn't even sign a contract with the Chinese shipyard. I think it could have been a publicity stunt.🙂

Clive - A publicity stunt!

Surely Not!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Films texturing gang fights

I'm not sure if I am understanding right but if you are talking about the fakeness of fight scenes, we'll isn't that just a given in film? The sound of a basic punch is completely inaccurate to real life😂. But who really wants to hear the sound of slapping meat during a fight😳? Those thuds are just so much more dramatic🎭