MySilversea Health declaration change

Silver Spectre

Just popped onto MySilversea to look at something and noticed that our details for our upcoming cruise had gone from Green to Red. Even if you have submitted your vaccination details previously there are now two additional questions to be answered, the vaccine type and latest date given. It doesn't mention boosters, and its unclear if you are meant to give the booster detail or that of your second vaccination. It also requires you to reconfirm all your details.

Hopefully SS will be contacting everyone with an upcoming cruise to warn them of this additional requirement.

• Thanks 1

I submitted the dates of my first shot and booster shot since they ask for the latest date and that put me back to green.

Then it became moot as they cancelled my cruise - Spirit Jan 14th, ie tomorrow ... sigh ...

PS Just checked for my next cruise and they are just asking for the type of vaccine and the last vaccination date. Put in the date of my booster and returned to green.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

I submitted the dates of my first shot and booster shot since they ask for the latest date and that put me back to green.

Then it became moot as they cancelled my cruise - Spirit Jan 14th, ie tomorrow ... sigh ...

PS Just checked for my next cruise and they are just asking for the type of vaccine and the last vaccination date. Put in the date of my booster and returned to green.

Really sorry that you got cancelled on that one, especially at such short notice.

I just checked my 2 upcoming sailings in April and had the same red dot.  When I updated the Health Field, I put in the date I got the booster and it turned back to green. 

• 2 weeks later...

I complied with the additional vaccination information back in January (giving the name of the vaccine and the last date - which was the booster date).  The button turned green.  Today it is back to red and the information I entered by hand is missing.  I am thinking that the reason is that the vaccination card was uploaded before the booster shot and therefore the "last vaccination date" (booster) I entered did not match the card.  

You may wish to see if your button is back to "red."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

I complied with the additional vaccination information back in January (giving the name of the vaccine and the last date - which was the booster date).  The button turned green.  Today it is back to red and the information I entered by hand is missing.  I am thinking that the reason is that the vaccination card was uploaded before the booster shot and therefore the "last vaccination date" (booster) I entered did not match the card.  

Good morning Dawn, thank you for that heads up.  Same thing happened to me. Card was uploaded long before I had the booster. I also used the booster date........so now I re-entered the information with the date of the 2nd shot so the information matches.  The dot is now back to green.

20 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

When that happened I put our booster shot info into the boxes. Our dot is still green, however our board date is the 24th February.

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Dawn, thank you for that heads up.  Same thing happened to me. Card was uploaded long before I had the booster. I also used the booster date........so now I re-entered the information with the date of the 2nd shot so the information matches.  The dot is now back to green.

Will upload my card again.......looks like they want us to have booster to sail again........I had mine on Nov 8th.

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

When that happened I put our booster shot info into the boxes. Our dot is still green, however our board date is the 24th February.

The proof of booster applies only to cruises from March 1 onward.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:53 AM, Silver Spectre said:

Just popped onto MySilversea to look at something and noticed that our details for our upcoming cruise had gone from Green to Red. Even if you have submitted your vaccination details previously there are now two additional questions to be answered, the vaccine type and latest date given. It doesn't mention boosters, and its unclear if you are meant to give the booster detail or that of your second vaccination. It also requires you to reconfirm all your details.

Hopefully SS will be contacting everyone with an upcoming cruise to warn them of this additional requirement.

I got an emai from SS telling you what’s is needed,

13 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

We are cruising at the end of May. After getting the letter from SS, I checked for changes in MySilversea.

I had previously uploaded the card images with the booster sticker and entered our booster date, and our dot was still back to red. I re-entered the booster date and vaccine type and double checked that the cards images are still the ones I uploaded (under the Documents tab), and the dots reset to green.

I highly doubt that they're checking the dates vs cards. I think they're blanket resetting everything to force folks to verify booster shots because the rules have changed, even if people included them in previous verification.

13 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

In changing rules I just don’t understand—why wait, let’s move forward as fast and safe as we can,

They need to give people who are booked on upcoming cruises but who may not yet have received a booster time to get the booster. If they made the rule change immediate, then people booked on February cruises who haven't yet received a booster would be barred from traveling. It seems fair for them to give people a few weeks to act if they need to. 

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

They need to give people who are booked on upcoming cruises but who may not yet have received a booster time to get the booster. If they made the rule change immediate, then people booked on February cruises who haven't yet received a booster would be barred from traveling. It seems fair for them to give people a few weeks to act if they need to. 

Agree, this is more than a few weeks

2 hours ago, FLRI said:

Do they have a timeframe that you have to have the booster within? That is, if you are cruising in September, are they requiring that it be within the 12 months, 9 months, etc.?

No.  Just that the “required time has passed after the completion of their primary COVID-19 vaccination series” according to the SS press release.

On 1/26/2022 at 1:18 PM, ronrick1943 said:

This is more than a few weeks

@ronrick1943 Most countries require receiving a shot a minimum of 14 days before arrival to be valid. So for a cruise beginning March 1, people would need to have their booster by February 15. Silversea announced this policy on January 25 — exactly three weeks advance notice. I don't see how much more aggressive they could have been with the timing. How much less notice do you think they should have given? 

8 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@ronrick1943 Most countries require receiving a shot a minimum of 14 days before arrival to be valid. So for a cruise beginning March 1, people would need to have their booster by February 15. Silversea announced this policy on January 25 — exactly three weeks advance notice. I don't see how much more aggressive they could have been with the timing. How much less notice do you think they should have given? 

Only if you're eligible for the booster. If you've had your two Pfizer shots (last one two months ago), you're not eligible for a booster shot for four months. If you sail in two months, you're still able to board, etc. without the booster.

@ChutChut I think you missed my point in the post above. @ronrick1943 was saying that SS was allowing a lot of time to pass before implementing the booster requirement; I was explaining that they needed to give people a few weeks to get a shot plus two weeks for the shots to be counted as official, which is why the policy doesn't go into effect for another 4 weeks.

Of course this requirement only applies to people who are eligible for boosters. The Silversea policy says a booster is required for guests "provided the required time has passed after the completion of their primary COVID-19 vaccination series."