Cruise With Confidence Program Has Been Extended (as expected)

mahdnc

As expected, the CWC program has been extended for bookings made through end of March.. 

Here is a link directly to the information source.  Here is the updated Cruise With Confidence FAQ document: link.

Here are screenshots with the changes noted in orange:

image.thumb.png.6a0a711593a3e4053878205864d1fa20.png

image.thumb.png.cdb1542b2e9a7c0b7aa9e901cedd7249.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Ah, I am sorry that I did not see your post or I would have simply added to it.  

Not mentioned in your post is that Beyond is now included in the CWC program.

• Thanks 1

Look at FAQ #8 at the link below. 

Wondering if this is new and how to exercise it. We have an onboard booking we made in Jan 2020 on Edge. Ship got pulled, so we allowed them to move us on same itinerary/same date on Silhouette. (Don’t recall if it was officially considered a “lift & shift,” but price and perks were preserved.)

Most likely going to cancel our 2/4/22 Silhouette sailing and rebook something for after Omicron has had a chance to die down.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/ITK/CEL_CWC_FAQs_Jan13.pdf

Excerpt:

“…QUESTION #8: What will happen to my Celebrity Passages onboard credit if I take advantage of the Cruise with Confidence program?
A: Should you choose to cancel and receive a Cruise with Confidence FCC, your Celebrity Passages onboard credits will be applied to the new sailing when you rebook. Additionally, if you received an onboard credit as a result of a redeployment, charter, or other goodwill gesture, it will also follow you to your new booking. If you choose to cancel without opting for a Cruise with Confidence FCC, the Celebrity Passages onboard credit will be forfeited. Any promotional onboard credits will be forfeited…”

Have any of you been in this position recently?

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr
Formatting

1 hour ago, ncgolferette said:

So happy that Beyond sailings now included.  I’m much more comfortable making my final payment in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, koolforkatz said:

Thanks for posting this! We are sailing on the Beyond early June so feel more comfortable now with that booking.

Same here... Beyond, June 13rd, 2022 😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

Look at FAQ #8 at the link below. 

Wondering if this is new and how to exercise it. We have an onboard booking we made in Jan 2020 on Edge. Ship got pulled, so we allowed them to move us on same itinerary/same date on Silhouette. (Don’t recall if it was officially considered a “lift & shift,” but price and perks were preserved.)

Most likely going to cancel our 2/4/22 Silhouette sailing and rebook something for after Omicron has had a chance to die down.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/ITK/CEL_CWC_FAQs_Jan13.pdf

Excerpt:

“…QUESTION #8: What will happen to my Celebrity Passages onboard credit if I take advantage of the Cruise with Confidence program?
A: Should you choose to cancel and receive a Cruise with Confidence FCC, your Celebrity Passages onboard credits will be applied to the new sailing when you rebook. Additionally, if you received an onboard credit as a result of a redeployment, charter, or other goodwill gesture, it will also follow you to your new booking. If you choose to cancel without opting for a Cruise with Confidence FCC, the Celebrity Passages onboard credit will be forfeited. Any promotional onboard credits will be forfeited…”

Have any of you been in this position recently?

Jane

All I can tell you is that FAQ #8 has been in place for a while.

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Here is a link to a Cruise With Confidence FAQ dated Oct 28 2021: link

Thanks again!

I’d love to hear from anyone who has successfully used this provision. I wonder if they have you somehow keep your old booking number for the new sailing or if it is somehow linked to the FCC from your CWC cancelation. 

Experience with RCG customer service makes me think this isn’t going to be easy to accomplish. 

I’ll report back if I end up canceling under CWC and rebooking.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

We were Lift & Shifted from a March 2021 on Edge to a March 2022 on Silhouette and our OBC followed us. 

We had something similar: Our Feb 2022 Edge ship was redeployed. We accepted Celebrity’s offer to move to the same itinerary/same date on Silhouette at our originally booked rate. We kept our reservation number/onboard booking status & OBC plus they gave us an extra $200 credit for accepting the redeployment offer.

Booking had a refundable deposit, even after letting them substitute ships.

Μy question is as to what happens if we cancel the 2/4/22 Silhouette cruise under CWC. Full payment has been made. I’d hope that we wouldn’t lose the OBC given to us for booking onboard back in Jan 2020 or the OBC for them having redeployed the ship we originally booked.

14 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

We had something similar: Our Feb 2022 Edge ship was redeployed. We accepted Celebrity’s offer to move to the same itinerary/same date on Silhouette at our originally booked rate. We kept our reservation number/onboard booking status & OBC plus they gave us an extra $200 credit for accepting the redeployment offer.

Booking had a refundable deposit, even after letting them substitute ships.

Μy question is as to what happens if we cancel the 2/4/22 Silhouette cruise under CWC. Full payment has been made. I’d hope that we wouldn’t lose the OBC given to us for booking onboard back in Jan 2020 or the OBC for them having redeployed the ship we originally booked.

If you have a cruise where you applied an FCC, and you cancel that cruise, you don’t get a new FCC, the original FCC is reinstated, which can’t be applied to a new cruise from one year from the cancelled cruise.  Bummer!

4 hours ago, Pickels said:

If you have a cruise where you applied an FCC, and you cancel that cruise, you don’t get a new FCC, the original FCC is reinstated, which can’t be applied to a new cruise from one year from the cancelled cruise.  Bummer!

That’s also how I understand it. The somewhat good news for us is that we aren’t on an FCC yet. Still on original booking.

If we cancel Feb cruise under CWC, that would give us FCC to cruise by 2/4/23 (I yr past canceled cruise) instead of the 12/31/22. I believe we would still have to book to apply the (not yet issued) FCC from 2/4/22 cancelation by 5/31/22, but maybe I’m confused about that.

Extension of offering CWC on new booking is not really that helpful to us because we would still be in the peak of respiratory virus season if rebooking for early next year.

We would be available to cruise in late Oct or early Nov 2022, but that’s after the end date for being covered under new CWC coverage (book by 3/31/22; sail by 9/30/22).

This is all so confusing and leads to tough decision-making! The more I follow the updates, the less appealing the options seem.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:24 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Eagle Eyes...    Really appreciate seeing the extension.     I just wish they would change final payment back to 60 days for cruises in April and May.

Yes, that is what I was hoping for. FP on May 10 for my August 8 Mediterranean cruise is a little too early for me these days. 3 1/2 months to change, I hope.

17 hours ago, Pickels said:

Does this mean if I cancel a cruise under CWC for which I used an FCC the FCC will be reissued and it is valid one year from the original booking but not one year from the booking I cancel now?

I want to make sure I understand this correctly and I am getting confused - please weigh in...

We have FCC to use. We can now book a new cruise up until the end of this March 2022 and have the CWC policy apply so long as the new cruise departs on or before the end of September 2022.

What happens if we use the FCC to book a cruise in December 2022? There is no CWC so we either go on the cruise or if we cancel lose out?

I'm confused. (Which isn't hard these days)

Let's say I cancel a cruise for Feb. 11, 2022.

It was paid for the regular way - NOT by old FCCs.

The old rules were (I think) that I had to use the money from the 2022 cruise for a cruise that departed before Feb. 11, 2023.

The new rules are that I just have to APPLY my FCC from the 2022 cruise to a new cruise by December of this year? Sail date any time in the future? ???????????

6 hours ago, chamima said:

I'm confused. (Which isn't hard these days)

Let's say I cancel a cruise for Feb. 11, 2022.

It was paid for the regular way - NOT by old FCCs.

The old rules were (I think) that I had to use the money from the 2022 cruise for a cruise that departed before Feb. 11, 2023.

The new rules are that I just have to APPLY my FCC from the 2022 cruise to a new cruise by December of this year? Sail date any time in the future? ???????????

There are multiple rules and not all representatives know which one applies when. Its my understanding you can choose a new policy or stick to old one. That is what I was told yesterday.

9 minutes ago, hulamoon said:

There are multiple rules and not all representatives know which one applies when. Its my understanding you can choose a new policy or stick to old one. That is what I was told yesterday.

Except for this: (see the purple).

•  

NEW Cruise With Confidence FCC Applicability- Effective January 13, 2022

• ALL MARKETS – All new and existing FCCs issued under the Cruise With Confidence policy must be used (applied and sailed) on or before, 12/31/22 or one year from the original sailing date.
  • Effective January 13, these new usage parameters will apply to all FCC types both existing and new.
  • Additional Details: FCCs are stackable. Multiple certificates may be redeemed per person on the same reservation.
  •  

All of the 2023 cruises we have booked depart from 2 to 7 days later than the 2022 cruises they would replace. (EX: Feb. 20, 2022 vs. Feb. 27, 2023). A phone rep from Celebrity last week assured me "no problem" transferring the money. I didn't get it in writing. I have a feeling my poor overworked TA will be stuck getting Celebrity to honor the verbal commitment.

Following the info I received yesterday, and I am no expert and my crystal ball is broken, but yesterday they told me it would be a year from the sailing being cancelled, or end of 2022, whichever is later. You may need to say you are cancelling under Cruise with Confidence. Let us know how it works out for you. Currently on hold myself, again.