Call from Princess?

dockman

1 hour ago, dockman said:

Not according to the princess gal on the phone today so i had to give it all to her again, wait for her to repeat it all to me and re enter it again....in spite of my having sailed on princess numerous times.

But you stated earlier you didn't input information into the app..now you say you did?  My point is you enter everything once on the app. 

On our last cruise I got two calls from Princess prior to the cruise. I was in the green lane but my two 23 yr old kids, who I told numerous time to complete everything on the app until it said green lane, didn’t enter anything except arrival time (which I told them to do on the first day it appeared). Since I made all the reservations, my phone number was listed for everyone. The call was to inform my kids to fill out the info on the app to get onboard quicker. I thought it was good customer service. How many people complain about wait times when calling regarding the app and here you have someone calling you. At any rate, the agent on the phone truly sounded grateful that I didn’t go off on her for calling and was thankful she called. It allowed me to contact my kids to remind them to fill out the info on the app or miss the first drink at the bar on the Lido deck.

Edited by coopco
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

So much easier on the app. Definitely look into getting a phone that can support this app and many others.

Just remember that the smart device hat supports the app today may no longer support it in a future app version.

Princess' desire to have customers use the app should not dictate people's smart device replacement schedule.

(Note that I am not anti-smart-device or anti-app. However Princess has chosen not to support the app being on any of our four smart devices.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Just remember that the smart device hat supports the app today may no longer support it in a future app version.

Princess' desire to have customers use the app should not dictate people's smart device replacement schedule.

(Note that I am not anti-smart-device or anti-app. However Princess has chosen not to support the app being on any of our four smart devices.)

I had re-install the app from earlier. When I re-installed the app - none of my data transferred. What a pain.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

You enter your information once, and it's always there.  Any subsequent cruises, no need to add passport and other information again. 

When a company demands you keep spending hundreds of dollars just to purchase their product, it greatly reduces the likelihood of subsequently purchasing that product.  Other companies realize that and offer a much more user friendly business transaction.  JMHO 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dockman said:

ok after 1 1/2 hours got someone on phone...all about not filling out app...told them i have an i phone 6 which won't load app...they suggested i buy a new phone...i am perfectly happy with current phone and not about to buy new phone just to go on a cruise...

On the other hand...

If you bought a new phone, you could use another cruiseline's app to book a cruise!  🙂

After reading many posts here, I am simply amazed at how hard people will work to force princess to sell them a cruise.

Princess seems to be demonstrating that they don't want your business, and don't care about their customers.

Maybe people should stop fighting them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We got the calls--one on my cell and one on our land line.  It mentioned finishing the app., but it was mostly about the vaccine and testing requirements.  Ours didn't come from Princess' phone number so we didn't answer it, but both calls left messages.  I still have to finish dh's app info for our Feb. 28th Enchanted b2b.  It's so much easier doing in on my iPad than the phone.

15 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

Even though I have a newer phone - I hated entering the info into the phone. Ifind it far easier to enter it into the computer.

I don't think they should be telling people they need a new phone. They need to accommodate those who don't want to upgrade their phone or who don't have phones. They need to have a reality check. Not everyone is the same.

Coral - so right!  I put that on my recent Enchanted cruise survey - Princess should offer the option - App or Website.  Many other business offer that option. Sure they want you to download their app - but I don’t want to clutter my phone with apps I might only use a few times.

I hear you. Keep in mind there was probably a time when people complained that they had to have a computer to do these things and yet here we are.

10 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

But you stated earlier you didn't input information into the app..now you say you did?  My point is you enter everything once on the app. 

What i said was that i could not put the app on my phone because it is an older i phone 6 and would not work....thus the call from princess and the need for me to give the info over the phone to the princess rep who then entered the info into their system.  Please improve your reading skills

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve read about some passengers receiving calls closer to sailing about not being in the Green Lane even when they were there.

This exactly. I knew I was, I had all my info updated, etc.  But when I listened to the voicemail, my hear stopped initially until it got to the medallion part.  5 weeks from my cruise and here I thought they were cancelling.

Stop doing this, Princess!!!  :classic_wacko:

21 hours ago, dockman said:

ok after 1 1/2 hours got someone on phone...all about not filling out app...told them i have an i phone 6 which won't load app...they suggested i buy a new phone...i am perfectly happy with current phone and not about to buy new phone just to go on a cruise...after round and round they took all my info over the phone...same info i used to just enter on my laptop but no longer able to do that as it is all about the app...ultimately sorted out though i still have to sign some forms pier side...

sorry princess execs but you really really need to get your act together for those of us that don't want and don't need more gadgets in our lives just to board a ship....you are overloading your staff to fill out info that could very easily be filled out online on a computer like it has been for past 20 years...

I agree.  My 91 year old Dad does not even have a cell phone, so hope it won't be too difficult when getting to the port.  Wish we had the alternative to enter the information online.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cmh said:

I agree.  My 91 year old Dad does not even have a cell phone, so hope it won't be too difficult when getting to the port.  Wish we had the alternative to enter the information online.

as an update i got another call from princess at 6;30 am today (i am in hawaii and guess they don't understand time differences)....this time a guy who wanted to ask me several of the same questions as the gal yesterday....so now princess has wasted their overworked / understaffed employees time to deal with me twice to get the info that i could and would have entered online from my laptop as I have done many times before....IF someone in their tech department had the good sense to allow people to choose whether to fool with their app and make sure u have a newer phone or simply enter the info online giving them the exact same information and saving both me and them the time/expense of having their employees having to do it...

• Like 4

TRANSCRIPTION

“Princess cruise has an important message for you here is your message this is an important message from princess cruises about your upcoming sailing there are required items in your medallion class app need your attention to prevent delays at the pier and to customize your cruise experience if you haven't already please download the medallion class app to your smart phone or tablet if you've already completed this information and Evergreen Lane ready that's great please remember to bring your original proof of COVID-19 vaccination your negative COVID-19 test results and travel documents to the pier please note that we cannot accommodate just using oxygen tanks for dialysis at this time if you are having technical issues with our app please call us at one 800 princess we look forward to welcoming you on board goodbye…”

Edited by Bgwest
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

TRANSCRIPTION

“Princess cruise has an important message for you here is your message this is an important message from princess cruises about your upcoming sailing there are required items in your medallion class app need your attention to prevent delays at the pier and to customize your cruise experience if you haven't already please download the medallion class app to your smart phone or tablet if you've already completed this information and Evergreen Lane ready that's great please remember to bring your original proof of COVID-19 vaccination your negative COVID-19 test results and travel documents to the pier please note that we cannot accommodate just using oxygen tanks for dialysis at this time if you are having technical issues with our app please call us at one 800 princess we look forward to welcoming you on board goodbye…”

and if you don't have a newer smart phone, don't want or need a tablet, but have a brand new powerful  laptop  tough luck....upon check in you will be treated as a second class customer and made to stand in line and write on the blackboard 100 times  " I promise to buy a new phone to keep princess happy"

and when princess in a year or two "upgrades" their software so it again won't work on todays newer phones and still has not figured out how to link information entered into THEIR system from your laptop, you promise to smile and go buy another phone just to keep princess incompetent tech people happy.  Cruise critic has dozens of pages of questions/problems re the cruise app which might tell a company that just maybe they should hire a new tech company...or get a new CEO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

TRANSCRIPTION

Received the same message last night on our cell phone. I wonder why Princess would contact us when our medallion app was already green lane for a few weeks now. We are cruising on the Enchanted Princess Feb. 28th. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

18 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

They already had the data in their database. There should be no need for a customer to reenter in the app. This is one more demonstration of the incompetence of the app developers and the management in charge of them.

You are also making the assumption that the medallion app actually functions well enough for people to successfully enter date.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

You enter your information once, and it's always there.  Any subsequent cruises, no need to add passport and other information again. 

As it did on the Personalizer.

I use the App but don't agree that it is easier to enter info than the Personalizer was.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

If it is already in the database you should not need to enter it again except Princess IT and the people they out sourced the app to are clueless so they have broken the database.

Edited by brisalta

10 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I hear you. Keep in mind there was probably a time when people complained that they had to have a computer to do these things and yet here we are.

Actually way in the past people would either call the information in, mail it in, or wait until they reached the pier and give their passport information there.

Edited by brisalta