Soda availability early AM on NCL

Peterpan's girl

My husband drinks soda early in the morning, instead of coffee.  Since there are no fountain machines on NCL and we cannot bring on cans, where can he get a soda at 6am?  We will be on the Encore and planning to have the beverage package.

Edited by Peterpan's girl
Error

49 minutes ago, Peterpan's girl said:

My husband drinks soda early in the morning, instead of coffee.  Since there are no fountain machines on NCL and we cannot bring on cans, where can he get a soda at 6am?  We will be on the Encore and planning to have the beverage package.

This is an example bar hours on the Encore from our August 2021 cruise. On Royal, there are no self serve fountains either. They are staffed a limited number of hours a day because of their covid protocols. 

image.png.8ec743a9ac8ff77ac2689af86a2d1310.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

on the gem in december, the bar was often not open for breakfast at the garden cafe.

i had no problem getting soda at breakfast in whatever main dining room was open... i forget which one it was, as only one was open... savor or taste?

Edited by UKstages

i'm like your husband, and addicted to pepsi. i suggest that as soon as you get to your cabin, have the steward empty the fridge, go to the nearest bar, and purchase a few cans to keep in the cabin fridge. 

during the course of the day, you can always go to any bar and buy a can. i believe they are $2.95 a can.

this way when he gets up a 6:00 am, or anytime during the night, an ice cold soda is waiting for him

My wife is Diet Pepsi addicted.  We bring on a couple of empty 16 oz Pepsi bottles.  Then we get Diet Pepsi in cups, no ice from one of the bar fountains and pour it up, keep in the fridge.  Cans are not included in the drink package.  The price of cans has gone up and up.  I can buy a 12 pack at home for their price of one can now.  

Careful sodas in the mini-fridge have a hefty service charge.

Tell your cabin attendant about what you are doing -

Suggest emptying the mini-fridge entirely for the cruise duration

Only put into it items you own - have paid for.

Sodas at just about all bars are dispensed by a service type device

40 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Careful sodas in the mini-fridge have a hefty service charge.

Tell your cabin attendant about what you are doing -

Suggest emptying the mini-fridge entirely for the cruise duration

on the 2 cruises ive been on so far during the pandemic , the mini fridge is empty

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on the 2 cruises ive been on so far during the pandemic , the mini fridge is empty

That is GREAT - the mini-fridge should be for only things the guest wants to put in there !

Not the dated much handled junk that NCL thinks you need and by everyone previously in that cabin.

Maybe that covid thing is cleaning up one potential area of infection transmission.

Sanitizing an empty mini-fridge has to be a breeze. 

• Like 1

I'm the same:  Diet Mountain Dew first thing in the morning. When I was office based it freaked my coworkers out 🙂  Unfortunately, they didn't have that on the ship (though they had other Pepsi products.)

As others have stated, there are a couple bars open early.  I didn't see any soda dispensers in the buffet itself, but Surf Bar might be closest.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, shof515 said:

Mine was full in mid-December on the Bliss, though I asked my room steward to empty it and he did.  I then used it for Pellegrino 🙂

13 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Mine was full in mid-December on the Bliss, though I asked my room steward to empty it and he did.  I then used it for Pellegrino 🙂

That's interesting that yours was full.  I have been on the Encore, Jade and Bliss since the restart and my cooler was empty all 3 times. Maybe there is something in my 'file' that states I always ask for it to be emptied and my room steward just did it before I got there. 

I am a soda drinker too, and I recommend O'Sheehan's/The Local. Last August I woke up early to walk laps outside, and at 4:30am, 4 crew were ready to give me any drink I wanted. I only needed by insulated water bottle filled, but soda would not have been an issue, i went back there after at times for my soda fix, and the Atrium bar also opened at 7am ready to serve anything. 

Was just on Bliss January 2022 and my balcony cabin mini frig had water (large bottles/box). I asked that it be emptied. It is tall enough to hold a tall water bottle. 

The Observation Lounge Bar on Bliss opened about half an hour before the Garden Court (6:30 was their latest bar opening). 

Edited by mlgb

4 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

That's interesting that yours was full.  I have been on the Encore, Jade and Bliss since the restart and my cooler was empty all 3 times. Maybe there is something in my 'file' that states I always ask for it to be emptied and my room steward just did it before I got there. 

Mine on Joy was full too...maybe based on cabin type?

1 hour ago, dolfan1980 said:

Mine on Joy was full too...maybe based on cabin type?

Possibly.   I was in a forward facing ocean view on 2 of the cruises and a balcony on the 3rd cruise.  I did use it for my boxed waters, yogurt in case I didn't make it to breakfast and late night desserts.

I haven't been on NCL, only 1 Carnival cruise. You hit what I dreaded on Carnival. There were large blocks of times where drinks and food were not available. After 2 days of only pizza after 9PM-7AM, it gets extremely old quickly. The juice machines were open but way too sweet. Having Osheehans or the Local open 24 hours will be nice. More options than just pizza and can get a drink of choice.