Complimentary masks

Alabaster Cruiser

LOL..I read that they (M95s or whatever) are only good for 5 days.....Do they keep replenishing them?...$$$$.

(And I always thought the cloth rags we were using never worked!)

Is this Act 3 of mask theatrics?  I'm all about it!  What's next?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Thanks.  We have gotten cloth and disposable surgical masks on previous cruises.  Hoping they are supplying some form of n95 now.

Why not get the more protective n95’s yourself for added protection on your way to port?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Thank you Captain Obvious😁.  If I could find them I would.  Too late to order before we leave.

Check your Home Depot. They have N95s made by 3M- It's Aura 9205+. We ordered online and went by the same day to pick them up.

These are highly rated legitimate masks. Very comfortable for us to wear.

Edited by seaoma
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, seaoma said:

Check your Home Depot. They have N95s made by 3M- It's Aura 9205+. We ordered online and went by the same day to pick them up.

We just picked up several.
Note that the size small are really tiny.

33 minutes ago, seaoma said:

Mine don't have a size on them. Do yours look like this?

45319647_AuraMask.JPG.9f3af0c20784a56989

The ones you have look like what I failed miserably with when Employee Health fit tested me several years ago. Obviously, now retired, I have no access to fit testing. So what I bought might not fit, either.

Here’s one of what we bought- the size small:

FDCD9B18-F3BD-40C1-A157-5021050830DF.thumb.jpeg.9b4afa915b5609c704b211d04e5f6810.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser

16 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

The ones you have look like what I failed miserably with when Employee Health fit tested me several years ago. Obviously, now retired, I have no access to fit testing. So what I bought might not fit, either.

Here’s one of what we bought- the size small:

FDCD9B18-F3BD-40C1-A157-5021050830DF.thumb.jpeg.9b4afa915b5609c704b211d04e5f6810.jpeg

Your masks are very different! 

If those don't fit, check into a guy called Aaron Collins. He's a mechanical engineer with a background in aerosol science. He has a lot of information on several of the social media sites, even YouTube.

This is a recent TV interview.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/lx/the-mask-nerd-explains-how-to-pick-the-right-mask/2781028/

• Thanks 1

Don't worry about masks at all. We flew in from SEA (to Fort Lauderdale) for Sunday's sailing of Nieuw Statendam. Apparently, here in Florida the pandemic is OVER! In Fort Lauderdale only the people working in businesses had them on and today we drove down to Key West. We have been walking around since noon until about 8:00 pm. The streets are JAMMED and we saw two—yes 2 people besides us who had masks on. So I guess the pandemic is over, right?

Can't wait to get on board where people still "get it." 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, seaoma said:

They are also EXTREMELY small. I bought a box and if it covers my nose then the chin portion hits half way between my bottom lip and my chin. Don't think that would make a good seal. If you are a smaller female they would probably fit well but if you are an average to 6 feet plus male not as well.

I agree with wearing a mask, although it appears there is dissension in certain circles.  These masks that they want you to wear are just ridiculously uncomfortable to wear all day long.  May as well stay home. I will hope to wear my cloth mask and take my chances.

39 minutes ago, Trapper44 said:

They are also EXTREMELY small. I bought a box and if it covers my nose then the chin portion hits half way between my bottom lip and my chin. Don't think that would make a good seal. If you are a smaller female they would probably fit well but if you are an average to 6 feet plus male not as well.

My husband is 6 ft. and I think he's fairly average and I'm definitely not a smaller female. Did you fully extend the top and bottom of the mask?

When we embarked on Rotterdam Dec 12th we were given the cloth mask with the HAL logo. After the 3 weeks, HAL gave us the N95 masks and asked us not to wear the cloth. One lady came to dinner wearing a black sequined mask and the Dining Room manager asked her to use the mask from the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

When we embarked on Rotterdam Dec 12th we were given the cloth mask with the HAL logo. After the 3 weeks, HAL gave us the N95 masks and asked us not to wear the cloth. One lady came to dinner wearing a black sequined mask and the Dining Room manager asked her to use the mask from the ship.

I would definitely have a problem with that. I have breathing issues from my deployment to Afghanistan and have a very difficult time with the N95 ones. 🙁

I can barely wear cloth or surgical ones. 

On 1/20/2022 at 9:33 PM, seaoma said:

My husband is 6 ft. and I think he's fairly average and I'm definitely not a smaller female. Did you fully extend the top and bottom of the mask?

I thought I had fully opened top and bottom but the first time was in Home Depot parking lot. After reading your comments I went back and forcefully pulled top and bottom. I then put the mask on. While fitting a little better (it still wanted to close back up while wearing), it was still small. I would not feel comfortable wearing it in a crowd.