Has anyone booked Jubilee out of Galveston?

firefly333

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE'S JUBILEE OPENS FOR SALE
New Excel-Class Ship Sailing From Galveston, Bringing LNG Propulsion, Roller Coaster, Exciting Dining and Entertainment Features in 2023
MIAMI, JAN. 25, 2021 – Carnival Cruise Line's new Carnival Jubilee, the most-anticipated new ship coming to the Port of Galveston – is now accepting reservations for its inaugural 2023 and 2024 schedule. The ship’s first available bookings coincide with National Plan for Vacation Day, a day encouraging consumers to plan their time off from work. 
            Carnival Jubilee, the cruise line’s third Excel-class ship featuring all the fun already wowing guests aboard its sister Mardi Gras, will offer seven-day Western Caribbean itineraries from its homeport of Galveston, Texas beginning Nov. 18, 2023 with stops in Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico, as well as Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), Honduras.
            “Since it’s National Plan for Vacation Day, it’s the perfect time to open Carnival Jubilee for sale and give our guests another incredible choice for their cruise vacation with the opportunity to visit some of the most beautiful ports in the Western Caribbean,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.    
            Before settling into its new home, Carnival Jubilee will depart on Oct. 30, 2023 from London (Southampton) on an 18-day transatlantic voyage. The ship will visit the Port of Vigo in Spain, Las Palmas and Tenerife in the Canary Islands, Funchal in Portugal and Grand Turk, before arriving in Texas.
            Carnival Jubilee joins sisters Mardi Gras, sailing from Port Canaveral since mid-2021, and Carnival Celebration, which will be based in Miami beginning later this year. The ships run on a liquefied natural gas (LNG) technology platform. Carnival Corp. pioneered the introduction of LNG fuel in the passenger cruise sector as part of the company’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and emissions reduction.
            Carnival Jubilee will share features from her sister ships that guests know and love, including the award-winning and pulse-racing BOLT roller coaster, expanded dining options, more than 20 different stateroom categories and multiple levels of spacious and luxurious suites, and a stunning, three-deck atrium on the starboard side of the ship that overlooks the ocean and converts to an entertainment venue at night.
            The ship will also have six fun-filled zones like her sisters, two of which will be brand-new concepts to be revealed at a later date. Details on these just-for-Jubilee firsts and other exciting news will be shared over the coming.

Cheers, hope to see you there

• Like 2

I'm actually a little surprised, with all things considered, that within a little over a year and a half from now, there will be two more excel class. I haven't even gotten to try the Mardi Gras yet! I have not booked one yet. I do intend to sail one of these sooner than later.

• Like 1

Galveston will have a new terminal and allure will dock there. Ncl is sending their current new ship. Also not cheap. Studio was over 1500 last I looked or over 2k for a cabin for 2 inside.

I can book allure in a inside boardwalk or city park balcony for about 1300 .. or less by then (I will get a solo discount by then) .. allure wins for me.

Ncl looks like the most $$$ to board.

19 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Booked a b2b, Nov 25 & Dec 2. Just a cove for now. There is a VIFP rate that is $50 less, with reduced dep and $200 OBC. Only for one use and only DH has the offer. 🥲 But, it’s booked now. 🎉

If I see a reduced rate, I'm in but not for these prices. Cove balcony sounds nice. 

• Like 1

Got hubby and I booked in a cove for the inaugural on the VIFP rate with the $200 OBC. The rates weren't near as high as I was afraid they were going to be, especially for the inaugural and during Thanksgiving week. I am SO excited!! Have always wanted to do an inaugural, and to get to do one practically out of our back yard is amazing. 🥰

• Like 1

Looking at DEC 2023 for Jubilee - no bargains, but honestly, not as $$$ as I thought they would be.  Will also look at Allure.  We aren't loyal to any line.  I just hope they're all still operating by then!  Disappointed that CCL has removed the Deluxe OV category from the new ships.  We really like that category - extra 1/2 bathroom really helps. During our DEC Glory cruise, we overheard someone talking about the Mardi Gras - said the bathrooms were EVEN SMALLER. Oh my!  

I just booked the transatlantic! This is our dream cruise!

We got the reduced deposit and OBC, plus the rate for the balcony cabin was not too bad, considering it's an 18 day cruise! Bonus? I turn platinum on that cruise so we get all those benefits (God willing they've reinstated them all by then!)

So much research to do- we'll drive to Texas, probably fly out of Hobby Houston (leave the car there for the return). We need to figure out where to stay in London (we'll do a few days in advance of the cruise in London)... how do we get to the port... 

Research is half the fun!

• Like 4

Booked for Thanksgiving week!  Now we get to do the first US sailing on both Celebration and Jubilee, and booked the same exact room on each too!

Went with an deck 9 mid interior square room with $100 OBC.  Standard balconies were about $900 more than interior rooms for 3 passengers but did offer $200 OBC, but we just don't spend enough time in the room to need a balcony for that much more in cost (which equates to more than gratuities+parking+gas, plus even a Friday night hotel if we choose to do that).

Now we just need one more March or May '23 trip to really feel like a complete schedule.  Perhaps a little longer drive and a 5 day Valor sailing fits the bill?  Or maybe trying out RC for the first time?  We shall see...😁😁

So for any of you who've done a TA from London, how did you get either from London itself or the airport to Southampton? Is there a train? My TA is suggesting the Carnival transfer but since we'll be in London for a couple of days I'd rather not go back to the airport, plus ideally we'd get a hotel room in Southampton for the night before the cruise..

Any feedback based on experience is gratefully accepted...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

So for any of you who've done a TA from London, how did you get either from London itself or the airport to Southampton? Is there a train? My TA is suggesting the Carnival transfer but since we'll be in London for a couple of days I'd rather not go back to the airport, plus ideally we'd get a hotel room in Southampton for the night before the cruise..

We just put a hold on the TA for Jubilee. Lots of questions, call in to PVP but don't know how much he knows about details like getting from airport in London to Southampton. I'd love to take the train if available, 60 miles from London. When my husband first suggested this cruise I thought he was nuts, just ignored him. But with the tickets sales opening today, I started to think it would be good. Tickets aren't as high as I thought they'd be. Puzzled about why you can't see below deck 4 on the deck plans, would like more details about the ship but don't know where to look other than Carnival's website. At least there are direct flights from Austin airport to London!

I’m so excited! Just booked the Jubilee TA!

Booked it into an Ocean Suite; I thought it was a reasonable fare and for an 18 day cruise, hubby and I will enjoy the extra room!

I’ve never done a TA, I’ve never done an inaugural cruise, and I’ve never been to Portugal or Canary Islands, so lots of first for me on this one!

The low deposit $100pp made it a no-brainer (final payment not due till August 1 2023). 

By then, I’ll have done my first repositioning Journeys cruise and tried out an Excel class ship (Mardi Gras) so those won’t be firsts for me, but if I really don’t like the Excel class or don’t like that many days at sea, I can reconsider.

When I was booking, 850 other people were online looking at the itinerary, so lots of interest!

Thanks for posting this OP; I would have missed it!

39 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

@grapau27lives there and they travel about quite a bit. Maybe he can tell you how to get from the airport and to hotels and to the port. For sure he will know Southampton lol.

So the jubilee is starting in London and ending in texas lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

There is a lot of information on the Britain board on CC.

National Express has an excellent coach service from London Victoria to Southampton. Usually under 10 pounds.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

Edited by maryann2

55 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

The quickest way from London Heathrow airport to London is by taxi best to pre book.

The London underground trains run to Central London from Heathrow.

From your London hotel you could pre book a taxi to Southampton or get a South West train to Southampton central.

The train station is 8 minutes taxi to West Quay hotels and cruise terminals.

For the best price book Southampton hotels on line in plenty of time.

The Leonardo hotel is nice and close to West Quay shopping centre and City cruise terminal used by Royal Caribbean.

We always stay at The Premier Inn West Quay which is opposite the main shopping centre and restaurants.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220125_190649_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_20220125_190702_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_20220125_190802_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_20220125_190936_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220125_191155_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2