Crystal Refugee needs your help

CwazeAndCwaze

It is possible that some of us on this board have used the words amenities and treatment interchangeably.  I don't think that really matters.  The simple fact is that SB guests get the same treatment and amenities--(except for extra space) no matter the suite they book.  In other words, you are not paying extra for chocolates, wine in your room, reservations at the TK Grill, ability to order the same food as everyone else,  etc. etc.  Some say they don't want these things.  Most people enjoy them--which is why they are offered.

Now, I have read from time to time that very frequent cruisers get a little bit better treatment on SB.  This may (or may not) be true.  If it is, I think it is just due to familiarity and the desire of SB crew to please.  It is true that if you have the same waiter/bartender/etc for many many days/weeks--or some years, they will be able to intuit your needs/wants rather quickly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jinn said:

Thank you all for your thoughts.  I am another Crystal cruiser seeking shelter from the storm, looking at Seabourn.  What are the solo fares on SB?  Julia/Jinn  

Julia,

if you go to the seabourn website and look at special offers, there are quite a few cruises that offer solo fares.  I believe there is a 50% surcharge.

Nancy

24 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Julia,

if you go to the seabourn website and look at special offers, there are quite a few cruises that offer solo fares.  I believe there is a 50% surcharge.

Nancy

I recently checked out solo Seabourn fares for Jan,23 through  May23..  My TA and I could only find one cruise January 8th Hong-Kong to Hong Kong without a supplement- every other Seabourn cruise had a 75% supplement.  

I would be very interested where to find the reduced 50% supplements.

Lois 

18 minutes ago, Lois10028 said:

I recently checked out solo Seabourn fares for Jan,23 through  May23..  My TA and I could only find one cruise January 8th Hong-Kong to Hong Kong without a supplement- every other Seabourn cruise had a 75% supplement.  

I would be very interested where to find the reduced 50% supplements.

Lois 

It might be helpful to reach out or have the TA reach out to Seabourn directly as my impression is the 50% solo rate is not necessarily published. This is on the website with regard to solo special offers: 

SPECIAL OFFER FOR SOLO TRAVELERS

Seabourn is pleased to offer solo travelers a reduced single supplement starting at only 50% above current fares on select voyages and in select suite categories*. This is a unique opportunity to sail aboard the World’s Finest Ultra-Luxury Resort at Sea with exceptional fares on some of our most intriguing itineraries.

Contact your Travel Advisor or call Seabourn at 800.929.9391

Just now, mskatiemae said:

It might be helpful to reach out or have the TA reach out to Seabourn directly as my impression is the 50% solo rate is not necessarily published. This is on the website with regard to solo special offers: 

SPECIAL OFFER FOR SOLO TRAVELERS

Seabourn is pleased to offer solo travelers a reduced single supplement starting at only 50% above current fares on select voyages and in select suite categories*. This is a unique opportunity to sail aboard the World’s Finest Ultra-Luxury Resort at Sea with exceptional fares on some of our most intriguing itineraries.

Contact your Travel Advisor or call Seabourn at 800.929.9391

It would be nice if there were some single supplements  of 50% during the first 5 months of 2023.  

I will investigate this more thoroughly.  I am on the Ovation Feb.13- April 23. and hopefully will book my cruises early 2023.

Thank you for getting back to me so fast,

Lois 

19 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

Hiya Emdee!  How long is the Grand Voyage?  We really enjoy longer cruises but have not yet ventured onto anything really extensive.  Our longest SB cruises were 43 days on Odyssey (Fiji-LA-Panama Canal-FLL) and 32-days on Encore (Auckland-Sydney-Benoa).  The Odyssey was a particular hit with us, not just for the itinerary but the excellent line-up of guest speakers and many of our favorite staff were onboard.  SB also did some wonderful events for B2B guests that made it very special.  We were less enchanted with Encore, even though it was a boss itinerary.  We loved the TK Grill Bar and the Sushi Restaurant, but other than that, we really missed the smaller O class ships. 

I hope your Crystal 2023 WC is a go.  Lots of time for good stuff to happen yet!

Thanks, Mighty. Looks like our WC is down the tube. Will look at booking the grand pacific while on board Encore. 

I just booked a November 2022 cruise at about 75% solo supplement - I say "about", because I can't be precise about the PP double occupancy rate when I booked it.....I just asked my TA for a fare, travelling solo.  As it happens, they also offered a "Crystal Refugee" discount, so I actually got it for a little less than 50% supplement on this voyage. 

11 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

I just booked a November 2022 cruise at about 75% solo supplement - I say "about", because I can't be precise about the PP double occupancy rate when I booked it.....I just asked my TA for a fare, travelling solo.  As it happens, they also offered a "Crystal Refugee" discount, so I actually got it for a little less than 50% supplement on this voyage. 

Sounds good….we are looking at their Grand Pacific September to December. 

Another question:  is it possible to search the Seabourn website for cruises by time period?  By month?  How?  I haven't figured out how to do this.  I want to see all cruises for August, 2022 or September, 2022.  Thanks, Julia

On 2/8/2022 at 1:39 AM, mskatiemae said:

Will I be able to request a standing order for say, fresh fruit in the suite? Or for an evening order of popcorn/nuts?

Or a kettle to boil water? Or a water filter to be installed in the shower? Or a bottle of distilled water for a CPAP?

I've never asked for most of those things, but I can answer one: my wife uses a CPAP machine, and yes, you can get bottles of distilled water just by asking your suite attendant. 

• Like 2

Mskatiemae, we had a small bowl of fruit in our suite in embarkation. We told our attendant what fruit we wanted in the future and what we did not. Our fruit was replenished often, at least daily. We were in a standard balcony suite. Additionally I have a thing for berries and asked for a bowl of berries with room service breakfast every am. I last sailed in 2019 and the only reason not to get all you want would be supply chain issues. Present cruises can chime in as to whether they had issues.

• Like 1

No problem with any of your requests except the  for the shower water.   What are you trying to filter out of the water?    I do know the water is very “soft” as opposed to “hard”.    Your hair, body may or may not like the water.   The fixtures in the bathroom are European and I can’t see a place to add a filter.   Our shower head in our suite comes direct from the ceiling with no connection point.    It can be adjusted many ways, rain etc.    The faucet in the tub has a hand held attachment but it is also European so I don’t see where you can add a filter.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

No problem with any of your requests except the  for the shower water.   What are you trying to filter out of the water?    I do know the water is very “soft” as opposed to “hard”.    Your hair, body may or may not like the water.   The fixtures in the bathroom are European and I can’t see a place to add a filter.   Our shower head in our suite comes direct from the ceiling with no connection point.    It can be adjusted many ways, rain etc.    The faucet in the tub has a hand held attachment but it is also European so I don’t see where you can add a filter.    

Thanks for these details. It is about the chlorine and its effect on hair and nails. Not a big deal - something we learned could be added on some ships such as Symphony on request and it was done for my shower at the start of a voyage.

Looking forward to the suite facilities!

6 hours ago, mskatiemae said:

Thanks for these details. It is about the chlorine and its effect on hair and nails. Not a big deal - something we learned could be added on some ships such as Symphony on request and it was done for my shower at the start of a voyage.

Looking forward to the suite facilities!

If this is important to you, ask. I know if possible Seabourn will work hard to make it happen. Perhaps contact Seabourn prior to your cruise.

3 hours ago, crickette said:

Other than the size of the cabin, what are the significant differences between a penthouse and verandah?

We booked our first penthouse in 2023. We have always loved Seabourn’s verandah suites. We upgraded because this was a long cruise and we will have more space and a bigger verandah. I am not convinced worth the price. I do not expect any difference in service or amenities. I think the only advantage is increase space.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmycruiser said:

I may have missed it but can you special order in suite beverages several months ahead that may not be normally available assuming it is mid-tier? Not sure items like Harvey Bristol Cream and Southern Comfort Original are readily available on the ship.

Yes definitely.  Unless your requested items are expensive, you should not be charged.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, whystayhome said:

Southern Comfort has always been available on the ship.  On one cruise, the bar staff told me I was the ONLY one asking for it. You can also ask for a bottle of it in your room once you are aboard.

Linda

Thanks! On a recent Crystal cruise the bartender said the same thing to me and had not used it in a long time but as soon as he would spot me he would start making my Southern Comfort Manhattan just the way I like it up with a twist of lemon.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:04 PM, crickette said:

Other than the size of the cabin, what are the significant differences between a penthouse and verandah?

Size is really it.  And there is more ability to "close off" the sleeping space from the living area if one person wants to sleep and the other is up and about.  We've had both, and on cruises with a lot of sea days, I really liked the extra space in the penthouse.

• Thanks 1

About ordering liquor for your suite.  In any suite, you are given the choice to order two bottles.  My husband's requests have been made ahead of time by our TA and have always been honored.  We have never used up any bottle as we tend not to drink (much) in our suite--but it is my understanding that the bottles would be replaced if requested.  My husband orders Elijah Craig bourbon and it has appeared.  Now, I don't this the SB offer would extend to something super expensive (like Rip Van Winkle bourbon which is hard to get anywhere) but within reason, SB will make every effort to fulfill your request.  

Edited by SLSD

32 minutes ago, SLSD said:

About ordering liquor for your suite.  In any suite, you are given the choice to order two bottles.  My husband's requests have been made ahead of time by our TA and have always been honored.  We have never used up any bottle as we tend not to drink (much) in our suite--but it is my understanding that the bottles would be replaced if requested.  My husband orders Elijah Craig bourbon and it has appeared.  Now, I don't this the SB offer would extend to something super expensive (like Rip Van Winkle bourbon which is hard to get anywhere) but within reason, SB will make every effort to fulfill your request.  

Rip VanWinkle. Cute, I like that. On the suite preferences page with all the liquor, I just write in the blank space Mt Gay Rum and in the non-alcoholic area, Pellegrino water in the blank space. Easy peasy. And if it's wrong or absent when you board, just ask your suite attendant.