The Daily for Saturday 02/12/2022

richwmn

3 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Good morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Have a great Saturday!

Today is a special day for us! Later today we are going over the mountain to my daughter's house. They are having a family-only Reveal Party! It has been a very tight-lipped time for my daughter and her long-time boyfriend as they began the IVF process last year in early Summer. They wanted to make sure before announcing. The process has a number of twists and turns that must be completed. She is now twelve weeks pregnant and feel that they can make the announcement. We are very excited about the to have a grandchild nearby!

Snow expected tomorrow after a high today in the mid 60's!

Stay safe!

- Jack

Absolutely fantastic news for you,your daughter and all of the family Jack.

Delighted for you all.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We don't normally watch movies, but take great pleasure in them late in the evenings on a BHB.  Every day should be hug day; hugs are good for the soul.  As someone who has presided over hundreds of marriages, it's great to see it's  National Freedom to Marry Day.  At the same time, we have our quote - which I believe to be true; if you can't be friends, how can you possibly be marriage partners?  I'm blessed to have DH as my bestie for the past nearly 45 years, and hope to have him around a lot longer.

Well the city came around to our street yesterday to scrape down the ruts, and what a great job they did!  The amount of snow and ice they removed was quite unbelievable, as they piled it up along the edges of the sidewalks.  They were so meticulous about making sure the driveways weren't impeded, that they came past our house 4 times with the large graders.  It's quite impressive to see how they can maneuver those big machines and blades with such precision.

Night 3 on the new mattress has deemed it a success - it's comfortable and both of us sleep well, which is all anyone can ask for!  I'm still waking up with lower back issues, but I think it's a result of being prone for so long, as once I'm up and walking around a bit, it goes away.  Or, *shudder* could it be signs of aging?

@MISTER 67wishing you a very Happy Birthday with many more returns of the day!

@ottahand7 I hear you on the sleepless night before a cruise; I start losing sleep incrementally about 2 weeks before we cruise.  I'm like a kid at Christmas.

@Heartgrove how exciting for your family; please let us know the results!

@marshhawk I love the memes you post, and want you to know you'll be in my prayers as you face your upcoming surgery.

It's a quiet day here on the "frozen tundra", not a lot going on, so I think I'll tackle the computer room and tidy it up.  It's been a repository for everything that we didn't want to put away, so instead of being a computer/sewing room, it's looking more like a storage locker.  LOL  

I'm not sure about today's menu suggestion, so might take a pass on it.  I'm in another "I'm getting real tired of cooking" phase, so I think we'll be digging into the freezer to see what kind of leftovers (oh Lord, do we have leftovers) we can put together for tonight.  I know there's stew, and chili, so I'm betting that's what we'll be having for dinner in our individual dishes, fresh from the microwave.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  We'll clink the glasses together to celebrate everyone on the happy list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear your masks, wash your hands, be well, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Happy Saturday!  Also Happy Birthday to @MISTER 67!!  It's a beautiful morning here, in the low 40's so we walked to the gym to use the weight machines.  The walk replaces the treadmill which is nice.  They say it will be near 70F here today but I'll believe it when I see it.  Yesterday morning I phoned my next door neighbor to chat and said why don't you come on over and bring your huge mug of coffee with you?  (I've offered to make coffee for her but she always brings her own - I drink peach iced tea).  When she came over she wanted to sit out on the front porch.  It was chilly but sunny.  She always says she envies my front porch since she has only a medium size stoop with no cover.  So we chatted for quite some time.  She's a talker!  They are the neighbors who grabbed up my SUV last April when I got my new one.  It was old but gently used and I miss it terribly.  It's hard having it right next door, seeing it come and go.  Sigh...

I'm not much of a movie goer, but I do watch a few on TV.  Sometimes on a ship as well.  Love to hug.  When DSIL was here after his Mom passed away last month, I made sure to give him loving hugs and he noticed because my DD mentioned how much he appreciated the hugs and talks.  ❤️ A salute to Freedom to Marry Day.  I've decided to pass on the Bicol Express menu suggestion.  The quote is a great one.  And we have never been to the Phillipines.  Photos anyone?

Thanks for the great Daily today, Rich @richwmn.  Interesting that the Island Princess is likely to be used as the quarantine ship in place of the NA.  That's my next cruise ship!  Thanks Roy @rafinmd for our Care and Celebration lists.  Cheers to those celebrating and prayers for our care list.  Especially Jose, Jacqui, Marley, Tana and her son who misses her being home, @marshhawkas she goes in for testing before surgery, @Cruzin Terriand all who have Covid in their families.  

Hope I haven't forgotten anybody.  Have a great day everyone! 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. Nice collection of days and a hug is always welcome. Everyone can use one. Yesterday it was 51 degrees here with the sun shinning and the same is forecast for today and then snow tomorrow. It’s crazy weather.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 26

Good morning to all.  @MISTER 67  a very Happy Birthday to  you!

I love hugs and  was fortunate  enough  to  marry my best friend.There were a few older relatives  of his that did not approve due to our differing religious backgrounds. We have three couples in our extended family who  have had to deal with a lot of nonsense  due to  their marital choices. I find their children to be much more accepting of all differences. I always hope for better days for everyone.

Thank you to all who commented on our Camilla's picture yesterday. I love the way she watches the world with her solemn eyes!

The recipe looks like  a good one and I think I will try the pork shoulder. Thanks Debbie  @dfish, for the nutritional information  as well.

It is 49 now and sunny but it will get colder tonight.Maybe even snow.

Terry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Good morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Have a great Saturday!

Today is a special day for us! Later today we are going over the mountain to my daughter's house. They are having a family-only Reveal Party! It has been a very tight-lipped time for my daughter and her long-time boyfriend as they began the IVF process last year in early Summer. They wanted to make sure before announcing. The process has a number of twists and turns that must be completed. She is now twelve weeks pregnant and feel that they can make the announcement. We are very excited about the to have a grandchild nearby!

Update tomorrow!  

Snow expected late tonight and through tomorrow after a high today in the mid 60's!

Stay safe!

- Jack

Congrats on that new baby!  Sounds like a lot of fun today at the Reveal Party!🥂

• Like 17

2 hours ago, kazu said:

It’s NOT TRUE!  My deer here will eat my dahlias.  That’s why there are none outside my fenced areas.  Please be careful and don’t take it at face value that dahlias are deer proof.  They are not!

When we moved to Anderson Island, WA (home of many deer and almost no hunting allowed), we wanted to add some color to the yard. We spent hundreds of dollars on bulbs from Holland Bulb Farms that were on the deer resistant list. None of them survived; only the daffodils made it to the flowering stage, and then a young fawn would come and eat the flowers and then spit them out. Since we had new fawns every year, the daffodils never did survive.

Since the bulbs were guaranteed, we phoned the bulb company and they provided us with a 100% refund (which surprised me).

Apparently, deer don't read the list of deer resistant plants. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 16

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

DH and I love movies and watch them often at home. In fact last night we watched My Fair Lady with DMIL. I'm a hugger and like @ger_77 Gerry believe they are good for your soul. Freedom to marry day is a good thing.

I absolutely 100% agree with the quote. I would like the meal.

@MISTER 67 Happy Birthday!🎊🎂🎉

@Heartgrove Congratulations!🎊

We are headed to Hutchinson Island for the day. On the way back this afternoon we will stop to visit DMIL's DB.

Have a great day!

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Hi!  Thank you so much for this post.  I haven't been on this site much in the past 2 or 3 years. I booked a cruise yesterday, so, of course, I am all excited and planning what  excursions to pick and what clothes to pack. Much too early to pack because we don't leave until Oct.8!  I am so grateful for freedom to  marry.  I am now married to the man that my dad refused to let me marry when we were younger and I still lived at home.  Hugs are a marvelous thing.    Thank you to whomever decided to start the Daily threads  a couple of years ago.  I had a friend on the Maasdam  2 years ago and I came on this site to read updates as to where the ship was almost every day until they finally docked.  I can't even remember where they docked, but it took them a long time to find someplace. I would love to change my name as "706" was my now ex husband. Any hints on how to do that would be appreciated. 

• Like 29

10 minutes ago, 496and706 said:

Hi!  Thank you so much for this post.  I haven't been on this site much in the past 2 or 3 years. I booked a cruise yesterday, so, of course, I am all excited and planning what  excursions to pick and what clothes to pack. Much too early to pack because we don't leave until Oct.8!  I am so grateful for freedom to  marry.  I am now married to the man that my dad refused to let me marry when we were younger and I still lived at home.  Hugs are a marvelous thing.    Thank you to whomever decided to start the Daily threads  a couple of years ago.  I had a friend on the Maasdam  2 years ago and I came on this site to read updates as to where the ship was almost every day until they finally docked.  I can't even remember where they docked, but it took them a long time to find someplace. I would love to change my name as "706" was my now ex husband. Any hints on how to do that would be appreciated. 

Welcome to The Daily!  Here is how to change your username:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from SW Florida, going up to 81 today!

Today is the birthday of America's 16th President, Abraham Lincoln and happens to be mine also, 76 today. Growing up in Chicago it was always nice having no school on my birthday as Lincoln's birthday was always a holiday in Illinois. 

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks for The Daily.

Happy Birthday!🎂🍾

• Like 10

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from SW Florida, going up to 81 today!

Today is the birthday of America's 16th President, Abraham Lincoln and happens to be mine also, 76 today. Growing up in Chicago it was always nice having no school on my birthday as Lincoln's birthday was always a holiday in Illinois. 

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks for The Daily.

Very happy  birthday to  you  have  a great day.

Jim.

• Like 10

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

It is a beautiful 78 degress here already. Going to be a great day. Went out to golf this AM, only played 9 today. We were out early and done. Course is packed right now. We are going out on the boat this afternoon. Then the plan is to stop at one of the dockside restaurants for take out. Not sure yet if that will work, places may be too busy today.

I also married my best friend, 44 years ago. We met as camp councilors during the summer of grad school. We used to  just sit and talk for hours. Wasnt until the end of the summer, that we realized we did not want it to end.  He is still the one I prefer to be with over all others. 

@MISTER 67 A very Happy Birthday to you! and many many more.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 25

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists.

🎂Happy Birthday to @MISTER 67.🎂

🚢I'm thinking the ship docked in San Diego since we were supposed to board it from Papeete in March 2020 @496and706.

We've been to Manila but not to the port for the day on our Volendam cruise from Singapore. 😊 

🙏Prayers to all in need. 🙏

Katie 

FB_IMG_1644680717658.jpg

FB_IMG_1644679776504.jpg

FB_IMG_1644680658126.jpg

• Like 29