Suggested wines on menu

MJU

20 minutes ago, busterfla said:

I inquired one night and was told it was by the bottle. After looking at the wine list, the more popular wines types had one or maybe two offerings by the glass. All other selection were by the bottle

This on both the Enchanted and Sky (December 2021)

On our last cruise I ordered the suggested wine pairing one night and was given a glass of wine. The next night I was told that wine was available only by the bottle. So I assumed the night prior it was available by the glass. So bottom line, the answer is sometimes. You might have a back up plan on dinner selection/wine pairing if it's important to you.

As far as the prices, I believe there is a wine list but you need to ask for it. We always have the drink package so if the wine isn't available by the glass, I always order something else that is.

• Like 2

Just a big con. The suggested wines are normally only available by the bottle.

We have the PP package,  and there are some half decent wines available by the glass in the MDR,  but for some reason the wine list is never available! 

56 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We have the PP package,  and there are some half decent wines available by the glass in the MDR,  but for some reason the wine list is never available! 

We used to always drink a certain wine in Vines. When we got a glass of the same wine in MDR it definitely wasn't as good. We wondered if it had been opened too long ago. The last time we ordered it in MDR it was only available by the bottle so we got a bottle with dinner. They had also changed at Vines and didn't even have it listed any longer.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I never had a problem getting a wine list on the Regal last week. I noticed the printed version was slightly different from the online version. 

23 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

On the Emerald last month the suggested wines on the MDR dinner menu were only available by the bottle.

I can't see ordering a glass or their suggested wine (which we probably don't really enjoy) just because it's on their list. 

I guess we'll just stick with a mixed drink for dinner. 

You didn't take a photo of their list by any chance? 

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I've never had a problem getting a wine list. Even with PP I still want to see the wine list to see what wines are available by the glass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I can't see ordering a glass or their suggested wine (which we probably don't really enjoy) just because it's on their list. 

Here is the dining room wine list from the Regal last week.

20220205_121218.jpg

20220205_121229.jpg

20220205_121237.jpg

20220205_121248.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

I have never ever had a problem getting a wine list in the MDR

On Sky in November,  we just had a photocopied sheet of paper showing a few wines, nothing like the normal wine list shown above.

I wonder if they did not have a full wine cellar due to supply issues, hence just issuing a temporary list.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

On Sky in November,  we just had a photocopied sheet of paper showing a few wines, nothing like the normal wine list shown above.

I wonder if they did not have a full wine cellar due to supply issues, hence just issuing a temporary list.

Sky still has just the one-page wine list, at least as of last week.  Provided wine list had bottles as well as about 10 different wines available by the glass.  Most were under the $13 limit of the PBP, but a couple were over.

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I didn’t get a photo of the wine list but there were a fair number of wines available by the glass. Was just replying to the original question about the suggested pairing for each night in the MDR. I remember asking a couple of times when I was ordering the main course featured in the pairings. The suggested wines were only available by the bottle

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We have actually ordered their "suggested wine" because we already knew we liked it. Sadly, what we received was not even close to what we got in Vines - same wine. In MDR it tasted either "corked" or "opened long ago". Of course the same wine in the good glasses from Vines also tastes less good when served in a lower quality glass such as one gets in MDR. We were amazed at the difference the glassware makes. We weren't ready to admit that the glassware made a difference so we tried several comparisons. The glassware definitely does make a difference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

We have actually ordered their "suggested wine" because we already knew we liked it. Sadly, what we received was not even close to what we got in Vines - same wine. In MDR it tasted either "corked" or "opened long ago". Of course the same wine in the good glasses from Vines also tastes less good when served in a lower quality glass such as one gets in MDR. We were amazed at the difference the glassware makes. We weren't ready to admit that the glassware made a difference so we tried several comparisons. The glassware definitely does make a difference.

I don't think we're sophisticated enough to tell the difference. 😄 LOL