The Daily for Friday 02/18/2022

richwmn

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@marshhawkso sorry about all the drama today at the doctor's office.  You did the best you could and will get this all straightened out eventually.  I'm keeping you on my own personal Care list!

Agree 100 percent.  

Also, thank you @USN59-79Ray for explaining more about your similar situation.  It gives us all a better understanding of the concerns here.  I remember when you were posting about your experience, Ray.  Again, thanks for further explanation.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Agree 100 percent.  

Also, thank you @USN59-79Ray for explaining more about your similar situation.  It gives us all a better understanding of the concerns here.  I remember when you were posting about your experience, Ray.  Again, thanks for further explanation.

Actually, I wouldn't have mentioned it.  However, since this is wine day, I am more out going.

Ray

• Like 6
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

When I last talked to the doc, she said she was going to do a blood test today, and that I had to fast.  Which I did.  I do not like being hungry.  I get there on time, and this time, she sees me on time.  She goes over my diabetes sensor report with me, what is it that i eat at night that brings my blood sugar up?    (ummm chocolate)  She tells me she is changing my metformin to slow release metformin.  (which i had before when i was working and my insurance didn't cover it, so we went back to the "cheap" stuff.)  And then she tells me she is going to do a blood test regarding my A1C.  Ok, and what about the tumor you called me about, what are we doing about that?  I ask. and she says....

Well you have to schedule a fasting blood test (isnt this what i just did?) and you have to take this pill at 11 at night and then come in at 8 in the morning and we will do the blood tests then...ummm?  

This test will show us if the gland is being forced to make too much hormone release.  Ok, then what about the urine test?  You have to do that at a later time, but we will get you the container.  One container?  Pee in one container for over 24 hours?   They really haven't thought this through for a woman have they?  So I ask for a smaller container to be able to pour in a larger container, and they come up with a urine specimen bottle.  Then she says my nurse will be right in to get the blood test for today.  20 minutes later the nurse, who is coughing and sneezing comes in to take my blood.  I have to admit that she was painless though.  And the urine test tells them how much endorphins my body puts out.  So, I got to see the doc, everything is still on hold regarding treating said tumor.  She said if the results come back bad on either test, they will rethink treatment, and  if they don't, they will just send me for an annual MRI to see if the tumor grows more.  

So the moral of the story, is to take the meds the doc tells you to take and when to take them (because I haven't been) and every time i go see a doc, they tell me my blood pressure is just a wee high.  Because i haven't been taking my blood pressure med they way I should.  Which includes Testing all day and adjusting doses.    So, thank you for your prayers and good wishes, and I guess that this conundrum is a wait and see sort of thing.  Please remove me from prayer list, as apparently I don't justify them.  Need them yes, but at this point, until I learn to be a better patient and be truthful with the docs, I am on my own with being stupid. 

If this was TMI, please ignore me. 

I would seriously suggest you make an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and get yourself checked out. You are not that far away from there. I am sure you are not stupid. It sounds like you need better coordination with what is going on.  Watch a tumor grow. I don’t think so.  JMHO., I hope I didn’t offend you.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

So the moral of the story, is to take the meds the doc tells you to take and when to take them (because I haven't been) and every time i go see a doc, they tell me my blood pressure is just a wee high.  Because i haven't been taking my blood pressure med they way I should.  Which includes Testing all day and adjusting doses.    So, thank you for your prayers and good wishes, and I guess that this conundrum is a wait and see sort of thing.  Please remove me from prayer list, as apparently I don't justify them.  Need them yes, but at this point, until I learn to be a better patient and be truthful with the docs, I am on my own with being stupid. 

We will never ignore you and you do deserve our prayers and concern.  You're a normal patient.  

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I would seriously suggest you make an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and get yourself checked out. I am not sure you are stupid.  You are not stupid. It just sounds like you need better coordination with what is going on.  Watch a tumor grow. I don’t think so.  JMHO., I hope I didn’t offend you.

Terri

Excellent advice.  

• Like 16

Goi  a  shock  phone the call  from my  Nephew in my  old  home town Walaceburg

to  let know

dsil  had  passed  away  she  was  74  and had  been in  a  care  home for  7yrs and my

other Nephew  Anthony  passed   the  day  before. Both  will  buried  on  the  27th.

A  bit  of  a  shock  both   in  2  days.

JIM.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 14

5 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

A Shamble is when everyone on your 4 man team hits a tee shot. You then pick the tee shot you want to play and then all the players play their own ball from that spot until they hole out. Usually it's 2 best balls net of the 4 . We came in 3rd place today with a net score of 108 which was 32 under par. 104 won it and 107 was second. I picked up a few extra bucks with 2 closest to the pins on the Par 3s.

All in all a good day with great weather.

I'm another who has never heard of this format, but it's certainly interesting...especially if you have one in your group who is a great long-ball hitter and one with a great short game.  

@rafinmd, great to read your blog and see your photos...thank you for sharing.  

@grapau27 happy to hear you and Pauline made it home.  

While driving to work this morning heard a radio piece on the Harry Potter exhibit slated to make it's "World Debut" today at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, and I thought of the phrase of the day.  It's a new interactive exhibit that sounds marvelous if you are a Potter fan - just asked my husband if he'd like to go, and he jumped at the opportunity.  I'll get weekday tickets, but likely not until June when the weather is better (and hopefully the crowds not as bad).  We'll go during the week for sure.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, irishjim said:

to  let me   know

dsil  had  passed  away  she  was  74  and had  been in  a  care  home for  7yrs and my

other Nephew  Anthony  passed   the  day  before. Both  will  buried  on  the  27th.

JIM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

We got home over 3 hours ago.

Our flight was fairly routine from Malaga to Newcastle.

Parts of the UK were badly hit by the storm and a few flights were diverted to Newcastle where the weather was calmer.

Graham

I'm glad you're safely home and that the flight wasn't bad.

Ok, and what about the tumor you called me about, what are we doing about that?  I ask. and she says....

Well you have to schedule a fasting blood test (isnt this what i just did?) and you have to take this pill at 11 at night and then come in at 8 in the morning and we will do the blood tests then...ummm?  This test will show us if the gland is being forced to make too much hormone release.  Ok, then what about the urine test?  You have to do that at a later time, but we will get you the container.  One container?  Pee in one container for over 24 hours?   So, I got to see the doc, everything is still on hold regarding treating said tumor.  She said if the results come back bad on either test, they will rethink treatment, and  if they don't, they will just send me for an annual MRI to see if the tumor grows more.  

@marshhawk The first test sounds like a dexamethasone suppression test, to see if your adrenal gland responds to the medication or if it's doing it's own thing. I have to get 24 hour urines because of my increased protein level. They give me a "hat" (I had to ask for it) which is a plastic catch basin that goes on the commode, under the seat, to catch the urine. It's emptied each time into the big container. Otherwise there's no way to accurately do a collection.

@irishjim My condolences to you and your family on the sudden loss of your DSIL and your nephew. Prayers for you all.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, msmayor said:

I'm another who has never heard of this format, but it's certainly interesting...especially if you have one in your group who is a great long-ball hitter and one with a great short game.  

While driving to work this morning heard a radio piece on the Harry Potter exhibit slated to make it's "World Debut" today at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, and I thought of the phrase of the day.  It's a new interactive exhibit that sounds marvelous if you are a Potter fan - just asked my husband if he'd like to go, and he jumped at the opportunity.  I'll get weekday tickets, but likely not until June when the weather is better (and hopefully the crowds not as bad).  We'll go during the week for sure.

@msmayor Yep, a long ball hitter is a must in a Shamble so even the short hitters and higher handicappers can get on the green in reguation and help the team score  with their extra strokes.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, irishjim said:

to  let know

JIM.

I am so sorry to hear this.Prayers for you and your family. It must be such  a shock.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, irishjim said:

to  let know

JIM.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. What a shock. 😞  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's raining and  cooler here, after a sunny 26 C yesterday.

Thanks for all the daily information, humour, recipes and photos.

@Cruzin Terri good news that you have a diagnosis and relief from the pain.

@rafinmd thank you for your reply.

@irishjim  What  a shock for you, our condolences to you and your family.

@AncientWanderer Bon Voyage.

@JazzyV what an horrific murder, thankfully the dashcam was found.

@kazu hope you and Marley are keeping warm indoors, sending hugs to you.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, irishjim said:

to  let know

JIM.

I am so sorry to hear this. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

to  let know

JIM.

What a shock indeed. I am so sorry for your losses and prayers to you and your family. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@marshhawkignore you?  I don’t think so, you’re one of us now, so you can’t be ignored!  Sorry your anticipated tests didn’t turn out today, but hopefully you’ll be able to get some answers soon.  I’m glad you’re still able to take that much anticipated cruise!

@irishjimwhat a shock for you!  I am so sorry to hear this, and hope your good memories of your DSIL and nephew will sustain you through the times ahead.

Gerry

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Live4cruises said:

@marshhawk and I would hug you back.

The most wonderful thing you heard is that you can take your cruise.  WHOO HOO!! This will do you more good than just about anything.

It's not a cruise, it's the last of the land vacations, when we rent a condo and our BFF from RI comes down, and we act like kids for a week.  Last year we hiked every day, ate seafood every day, read books, I did some drawing, which i hope to redo as paintings, and just chilled.  It's a place in Florida that is very careful about covid, unless you are in your condo, or on the beach, you are wearing a mask.

Do I wish it was a cruise?  You betcha!  But I dont have to cook every meal, or clean up all the time.  Just make the bed, do some laundry and figure out what restaurant I want to eat at next.  The three of us already know where we want to go back to from last summer. 

@irishjimI am so sorry to hear of your family losses.  May you find joy in the memories of these folks.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@marshhawk  You are part of the Daily family, and we'll be there for you.  A second opinion about the tumor could not hurt.

@irishjim  Our condolences for your loss.  What's shock that must have been.  May the memories you shared with your loved ones bring you comfort.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irishjim said:

to  let know

JIM.

I am so sorry for your losses.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irishjim said:

to  let know

JIM.

Shock indeed to lose two family members.  Sincere condolences to you and friends and family of DSIL and your nephew.  Our thoughts are with you, Jim.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, irishjim said:

to  let know

JIM.

Sending you and your family our condolences Jim.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good to know you made it home safely and that Newcastle was spared the worst of the storm.  Also good that you could avoid the London airports.

Lenda

8 hours ago, msmayor said:

8 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I'm glad you're safely home and that the flight wasn't bad.

@marshhawk The first test sounds like a dexamethasone suppression test, to see if your adrenal gland responds to the medication or if it's doing it's own thing. I have to get 24 hour urines because of my increased protein level. They give me a "hat" (I had to ask for it) which is a plastic catch basin that goes on the commode, under the seat, to catch the urine. It's emptied each time into the big container. Otherwise there's no way to accurately do a collection.

@irishjim My condolences to you and your family on the sudden loss of your DSIL and your nephew. Prayers for you all.

Thank you all for your best wishes that we got home safely from Spain.

Southern England took the brunt of the storm with 122mph winds recorded in the Isle of Wight near Southampton.

We had an amazing 7 nights stay at our favourite hotel on the Costa del Sol.

42°F and cloudy here this morning in North East England.

Graham.

• Like 11