Currently on the Edge in the Retreat and being told we do not have a drinks package?

FrankJ02

12 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

While we're all here, can someone tell me from these codes and prices what internet I have on a 9 night Celebrity Beyond cruise in a Sky Suite ?  is this the slow internet or the fast internet? 

image.png.29de82394ed164d6927116a28a0782c2.png

Ignoring the codes entirely (which I believe would be YVY8/9 for the faster internet), the $199 price would indicate slow internet.

$299 would indicate the faster internet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

While we're all here, can someone tell me from these codes and prices what internet I have on a 9 night Celebrity Beyond cruise in a Sky Suite ?  is this the slow internet or the fast internet? 

image.png.29de82394ed164d6927116a28a0782c2.png

From one internet stranger to another, the best we can do is speculate based on the other facts you've provided. Given that you are in a Sky Suite and in a previous post you showed  the codes for the Premium Beverage Package, I would have to say that you will receive their Stream Internet service. Unfortunately the only way to be 100% sure is to contact your TA or X directly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

And, to add insult to injury, the little icons for the AI perks appeared across the top of the screen right up until the very last page where you confirm your booking.

Thank you for proving my point. You did get notified and if you chose to ignore it and just kept on clicking through then you really can't complain.

• Thanks 2

So I am new to Celebrity. I wanted to book something yesterday so I did lots of reading about cabin locations, but I didn't see this thread. I always book RC online so I thought it would be easy. 

I 'thought' I was getting tips, wifi, and drinks, along with a $300 obc for a Retreat booking. It was not a guarantee or 'sail only'. Sounded good! During the process I 'declined' onboard gratuities (since I had a package including tips...) I included my state and loyalty # (RC match).

After reading this, I went back to check my email and there was no pdf. Online, I could see that I now had a $600 obc, but no 'package' was visible. I had booked a refundable deposit since I figured I might make a mistake. Called to cancel and was first told I needed a reason before they could authorize a refund. I had to tell him that it was refundable. 

btw is there a way to cancel online? or do you have to call?

My refund will come in 'approx 45-90 business days'. Not impressed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marci22 said:

So I am new to Celebrity. I wanted to book something yesterday so I did lots of reading about cabin locations, but I didn't see this thread. I always book RC online so I thought it would be easy. 

I 'thought' I was getting tips, wifi, and drinks, along with a $300 obc for a Retreat booking. It was not a guarantee or 'sail only'. Sounded good! During the process I 'declined' onboard gratuities (since I had a package including tips...) I included my state and loyalty # (RC match).

After reading this, I went back to check my email and there was no pdf. Online, I could see that I now had a $600 obc, but no 'package' was visible. I had booked a refundable deposit since I figured I might make a mistake. Called to cancel and was first told I needed a reason before they could authorize a refund. I had to tell him that it was refundable. 

btw is there a way to cancel online? or do you have to call?

My refund will come in 'approx 45-90 business days'. Not impressed.

Did you try verifying whether you had the other suite amenities included before canceling?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And regarding some posters saying that some have not done their due diligence, shame on you. I am an older person, a college grad, a licensed professional. Etc. I did not 'do it right' either. Obviously something needs to be addressed on their booking page. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, marci22 said:

And regarding some posters saying that some have not done their due diligence, shame on you. I am an older person, a college grad, a licensed professional. Etc. I did not 'do it right' either. Obviously something needs to be addressed on their booking page. 

So trying to learn here.  What is your suggestion for other passengers in the same situation as you?

• Thanks 1

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Did you try verifying whether you had the other suite amenities included before canceling?

No, I did not. After reading this thread I figured no way was I getting $600 obc AND all of the other amenities. The aggravation factor was high and it was easier for me to cancel. Maybe I'll look again in a few years.

• Thanks 1

Just now, marci22 said:

No, I did not. After reading this thread I figured no way was I getting $600 obc AND all of the other amenities. The aggravation factor was high and it was easier for me to cancel. Maybe I'll look again in a few years.

I think you may have misinterpreted the thread. OBC is one of the amenities, along with wifi, drinks, and tips, that should be included with a Retreat booking. If you got the OBC, you likely got the other perks as well...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marci22 said:

If you have $600 OBC it's almost a lock that you have the other perks as well. Don't cancel, just call and get the guest copy invoice.

• Like 2

The one thing I learned dealing with Celebrity is patience.  By that I mean, not reacting if there is something wrong with your cruise, or maybe the documentation isn't right, or they cancel your cruise.  Best to give yourself time to sort things out.  In my experience, even though there are aggravations, those problems usually get fixed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Sounds like to me that your booking did include everything...the OBC gave it away...if we knew the ship and dates and type of suite you are booked on, it would be easy for someone to do a "mock" booking and verify.  Assuming cabin availability of course.  Or just call Celebrity...I doubt you'll regret sailing them.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

38 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sounds like to me that your booking did include everything...the OBC gave it away...if we knew the ship and dates and type of suite you are booked on, it would be easy for someone to do a "mock" booking and verify.  Assuming cabin availability of course.  Or just call Celebrity...I doubt you'll regret sailing them.  

I think that ship has already sailed...

Tom

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The one thing I learned dealing with Celebrity is patience.  By that I mean, not reacting if there is something wrong with your cruise, or maybe the documentation isn't right, or they cancel your cruise.  Best to give yourself time to sort things out.  In my experience, even though there are aggravations, those problems usually get fixed.

But the poster said upfront that they were an old graduate with a license and as such it was still too much to continue on... LOL

I Am too, BUT it is not too much to continue on for a wonderful (IMO) vacation on a X sailing.

bon voyage

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

But the poster said upfront that they were an old graduate with a license and as such it was still too much to continue on... LOL

I Am too, BUT it is not too much to continue on for a wonderful (IMO) vacation on a X sailing.

bon voyage

Me too Bo. Just did 2 Caribbean sailings in the last few months and booked an 11 night Hawaii for this April on the Eclipse. Always wanted to go to Hawaii. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Speaking from experience, your TA is the one who has to fix it.  

Might try calling their post reservation phone…

1-888-751-7804

Or, email…

Reservations( U.S. and Canada) Email Address:  CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

It took an hour or two, but I now have an updated Booking Confirmation with everything I was expecting.  (From my TA)  I did email  CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com but I haven't seen an answer.  And I wasn't expecting one any time soon.

Now, if I could just get the Celebrity app supported on the Eclipse (12/23/23), I'd be really happy.

Edited by zitsky

54 minutes ago, marci22 said:

The aggravation factor was high and it was easier for me to cancel. Maybe I'll look again in a few years

Life is just too short to hold a grudge against a cruise lines marketing 'gotchas'. Normally we find out after we board and mine was a double blast. First the embarrassment of having to stand in a long line in the Retreat (with 3 concierges) and fellow passengers thinking I'm a cheapskate trying to get something I did not pay for, and second my DW 'intimating' I was also a 'cheapskate' having booked a suite without HER perks. Long story short, we had a fabulous time and booked again on board, getting all the perks SPELLED out. Also they had a special $100 deposit on a cabin, which when the FCC (future cruise consultant) sent to our cabin the confirmation, they charge us $1000 deposit (not $100) because it was a suite, when i went back to FCC. (Gotcha !)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It took an hour or two, but I now have an updated Booking Confirmation with everything I was expecting.  (From my TA)  I did email CEC@celebrity.com but I haven't seen an answer.  And I wasn't expecting one any time soon.

Now, if I could just get the Celebrity app supported on the Eclipse (12/23/23), I'd be really happy.

z - now you are really asking for too much...

Before we know it you will be expecting to board your ship at the appointed time!! LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

Just now, Bo1953 said:

z - now you are really asking for too much...

Before we know it you will be expecting to board your ship at the appointed time!! LOL

bon voyage

I’m in Aqua so I have first priority for boarding.  It also allows me to go first at the Martini bar.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I’m in Aqua so I have first priority for boarding.  It also allows me to go first at the Martini bar.

Check you out - VIP!!!

I need to be sailing with your party...

Cheers and bon voyage

On 2/23/2022 at 11:26 AM, kearney said:

You know... I have noticed a change in threads over the past few weeks.... before there was a lot of threads dealing with testing, masking, covid positive onboard etc. I think people are so relieved to be back to normal topics..we can't stop ourselves from commenting... nice to get back to dress codes on chic night, what drink packages cover and why wifi sucks.... it is a sign of a return to normalcy 

I may have 'spoken' too soon... over night seems like we have made a u-turn... now threads on St Petersburg cruises, gas surcharges starting to popup.... guess we are going from on crisis to another. As Betty Davis said  in All About Eve... "hold on it's going to be a bumpy night"

Edited by kearney

On 2/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, mfs2k said:

You should be looking for your Booking Confirmation.  The .pdf they send is called "Guest Copy.pdf"

my 2 cetns worth. The invoice that I have shows a line cost for premium drinks, minus a credit, teh internet streaming charge, minus a credit, OBc and gratuities, minus a credit.

However, on one of my cruises they forgot the credit for one of the items.

we all have to remember this is part of a contract and the conract dictates whats what. It is best to look at that when its sent to you, regardless of whether it's direct or thru a TA.

They can and will correct the contract  even close to the sailing. They once gave me a goodwill OBC credit of $800 then withdrew it. Much harder the  other way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kearney said:

I may have 'spoken' too soon... over night seems like we have made a u-turn... now threads on St Petersburg cruises, gas surcharges starting to popup.... guess we are going from on crisis to another. As Betty Davis said  in All About Eve... "hold on it's going to be a bumpy night"

Russia is not on my radar, and so be it on any fuel charges.