Currently on the Edge in the Retreat and being told we do not have a drinks package?

FrankJ02

33 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Did you not, eventually, get a copy of your reservation???

All pertinent info will be there... if not, it can be ordered via phone without much human interaction to find out what you do or do not have.

bon voyage

I don't care about having wifi, drinks, gratuities. I am simply trying to figure out if we have access to Luminae/Retreat. There is nothing on the copy of reservation that gives that detail and we are getting mixed answers from Celebrity. 

19 minutes ago, Sp429 said:

I don't care about having wifi, drinks, gratuities. I am simply trying to figure out if we have access to Luminae/Retreat. There is nothing on the copy of reservation that gives that detail and we are getting mixed answers from Celebrity. 

If you have a suite, yes you have access…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

If you have a suite, yes you have access…

I agree... but when we called Celebrity (2 different agents) said something along the lines of yes, you are in a suite, so you have access. But then looked at the rate (Simply Sail) and said with the Simply Sail, there is no access. I agree with you, doesn't make sense. My point to all of this is, even if you call Celebrity to ask questions, you may not get the right answer. 

29 minutes ago, Sp429 said:

It pretty much goes without saying, you have access to Luminae and The Retreat by virtue of the fact that you are in a suite.

It is strange that your reservation does not indicate that the accommodations include The Retreat and Luminae in some form or another.

And I cannot say the reason you are getting 'mixed answers' from X, that is odd, as well.

Simply Sail rates are those without additional 'Perks' i.e. beverage, wifi and OBC of which nothing else is affected.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, FrankJ02 said:

My wife and I are currently on the Edge in a Sky Suite and have been told that we do not have a drinks package included due to having some sort of discount. At no time were we informed that we needed to purchase a drinks package. All the advertising led us to believe we were covered with the "Always included" for drinks and wifi. Does this sound correct? 

Has anyone else run in to this situation?

Just wondering if this ever got resolved for you.

I reluctantly pulled out my contracts with the TA--they say

Premium Beverage  Pkg

Prepaid Grats

Unlimited Stream internet

The shipboard credits

and for Retreat, its almost a thesis, but starts:

The Retreat: Not combinable with other offers  including simply sail and loyalty rates.

my Invoice from X  has a section called booking charges:

first line is cruise fare (the same I see on website)

line 2 RETREAT

Then by line

Gratuities charge

then promo deduction

then drinks

then promo deduction (I think code is for retreat vs all inclusive)

then same with internet, 1 line in and the next line the promo credit

then Taxes fees and port

next is total

its a contract between me and X

I used to read contracts for a living-boring--but essential to now whats in a contract, and if you do not understand you get a letter of understanding or amend the contract. Something in writing.

These contracts are long, and there is a lot of"boilerplate" in there including fuel price surcharges. But its their bat and ball and ball park, so unless they really made a mistake, they will not change the contract.

You we, the consumers, have to know what we signed up for or live with the consequences.

Edited by HMR74
  • Thanks 2

Hi all, I (think) I have scrolled through most of these 15 pages but I admit I got a little lost at one point! We aren't booked to sail until March next year but I have just emailed Celebrity to double check, as although we have what I thought was a straightforward booking in a Sky Suite, my PDF isn't showing the AI included perks either. They do show up in my online reservation as clickable  images (which I have now screenshotted just in case).   Always good to have these heads up, a very interesting thread.

BTW--technology has these things called PDF files and the TA's and cruise lines send the contracts via PDFs which can easily be downloaded to smartphones and or Tablets or  I have heard even PC's.

Its smart to have the documents you need for the trip  with  you like that. and perhaps even hard copy print out, to resolves issues that may crop up.

The nice thing with hard copies is when they are no longer useful you can tear them up to save space and weight. Things like the shore excursions and contacts.

Remember before COVID, that if upon check in you had a cold or cough the cruise line had the right to deny boarding. As I get older, I started getting a cold or cough from the flight which cured in a day or two, which is why I resorted to staying 2 nights in a hotel even if in Miama or Ft Lauderdale. An ounce of prevention...

28 minutes ago, astrocat said:

Hi all, I (think) I have scrolled through most of these 15 pages but I admit I got a little lost at one point! We aren't booked to sail until March next year but I have just emailed Celebrity to double check, as although we have what I thought was a straightforward booking in a Sky Suite, my PDF isn't showing the AI included perks either. They do show up in my online reservation as clickable  images (which I have now screenshotted just in case).   Always good to have these heads up, a very interesting thread.

Not an expert but what does show in the PDF?

4 minutes ago, astrocat said:

image.png.820d4fb2173e0db4e8eb8fad04fcc7f2.png

If I was in your shoes, I would ask what the  save line means--there is no disciunt for Non refundable but its a 25% discount for both of you. Thats a huge discount.

Also, is that in local currency or US.

I think this is whats used to code the sea pass card. If your TA shows different , you have to bring them in.

5 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

If I was in your shoes, I would ask what the  save line means--there is no disciunt for Non refundable but its a 25% discount for both of you. Thats a huge discount.

Also, is that in local currency or US.

I think this is whats used to code the sea pass card. If your TA shows different , you have to bring them in.

I’ve had a 21% discount on my next cruise.

1 minute ago, crusinthrough said:

15 pages later and the OP never cam back.   I'm thinking the OP ended up paying for the drink package.  

Because this thread was OP’s first post on CC, I’m thinking when he saw all the responses he was afraid to come back.  LOL.

8 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Because this thread was OP’s first post on CC, I’m thinking when he saw all the responses he was afraid to come back.  LOL.

😂.. i feel like a lot of of us were invested in the situation and the outcome (well maybe the first few responses).  He might pop back in next week after the cruise.  

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

CC is definitely not for the faint of heart!

.... OR uninitiated. LOL

I always recommend that those who ask me about joining CC, read a few threads beforehand and definitely before posting and use your asbestos keyboard and screen just in case...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ve had a 21% discount on my next cruise.

sadly my best discount was on the Nov Dec 2019 B2b cruises I had. that was cancelled and that was SE asia and Austrailia and no way they would  do a L&S because that has not been offered since. .That was ~18% but showed up as a refundable OBC, and at least those in the old days were on my credit card before I got home.

A couple deals  I recently saw were deducted up front which is far better, except I took teh debt card which was worth more.

I have gone thru 4 TA's so far and the deals decline as well as the service levels. ALmost like a come on they give you the best deal which does not re-appear.

I by error received the commission statement for a cruise of mine  so I can pretty much tell how much they all have to work with and also by looking at another RCL website that has good info. too bad I forgot that website.

1 minute ago, HMR74 said:

sadly my best discount was on the Nov Dec 2019 B2b cruises I had. that was cancelled and that was SE asia and Austrailia and no way they would  do a L&S because that has not been offered since. .That was ~18% but showed up as a refundable OBC, and at least those in the old days were on my credit card before I got home.

A couple deals  I recently saw were deducted up front which is far better, except I took teh debt card which was worth more.

I have gone thru 4 TA's so far and the deals decline as well as the service levels. ALmost like a come on they give you the best deal which does not re-appear.

I by error received the commission statement for a cruise of mine  so I can pretty much tell how much they all have to work with and also by looking at another RCL website that has good info. too bad I forgot that website.

So you got commission.  How much do they make???  Is it reasonable?