Currently on the Edge in the Retreat and being told we do not have a drinks package?

FrankJ02

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes it is the number for the Shoreside Concierge's who are available to help people with a suite booking.  They also are available to Zenith Captains Club members.

Please do not get me started about the Shoreside concierge! Absolutely nothing was done/correct for our Jan 24 Silhouette sailing. But, our fabulous cabin steward, Shubert, made it all okay. He was amazing!

9 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

250+ responses later, I'm still not seeing that this has been a massive widespread issue. 

Key takeaways... when you are making a 5k-60k purchase, buyer beware, know what you are purchasing, and ask questions if you do not know. If your TA has 12 rates listed? Ask. If you book yourself via Celebrity...don't overlook the big CRUISE ONLY flag or the AI details on the last booking page.

Moving on.........

92CBBEB1-9452-405B-807A-0D8448698F0F_1_201_a.jpeg

Thank you for posting this.  I noticed the $100 OBC listed on the reservation on the right.  This prompted me to do a mock booking on one of my current reservations and indeed there is a $200 OBC promotion right now.  I was able to apply the promotion to my booking and the price did not change. 

You have to understand on this topic, there are many people who have never sailed or used the online Celebrity website.   As a novice, To try to book , one would assume that you are booking an "Always Included" trip, per their advertising)  and to get the best deal possible.  So, there is where the trouble begins.  First they check off Residency, and get the price for a guarentee room.   Liking the price, they proceed to check out.  Not realizing they are not getting the full benefits. Sometimes they don't realize til told onboard they don't have the All Included and are confused.and angry..  I think what Celebrity is doing now is wrong.  You have to be a wiz  to understand and navigate the site..Either have the AL or don't have the AL (I prefer it) and allow passengers to proceed accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/22/2022 at 1:34 PM, Sp429 said:

I booked directly with Celebrity and specifically asked if we had perks. I was told "you are in a suite, so everything is included". Well, not true. Thanks to this thread, I called today to find out before boarding. BUT the interesting thing I wanted to point out here is that I was told today that even though I am in a Sky Suite on the Edge that I won't have access to Retreat. Seems odd. I am waiting on a call back from a Supervisor to confirm. 

I’d love to hear how this turns out. That seems really odd

28 minutes ago, Missymo said:

You have to understand on this topic, there are many people who have never sailed or used the online Celebrity website.   As a novice, To try to book , one would assume that you are booking an "Always Included" trip, per their advertising)  and to get the best deal possible.  So, there is where the trouble begins.  First they check off Residency, and get the price for a guarentee room.   Liking the price, they proceed to check out.  Not realizing they are not getting the full benefits. Sometimes they don't realize til told onboard they don't have the All Included and are confused.and angry..  I think what Celebrity is doing now is wrong.  You have to be a wiz  to understand and navigate the site..Either have the AL or don't have the AL (I prefer it) and allow passengers to proceed accordingly. 

I'm sorry but I don't buy the ignorance defense. If people blindly click through the warnings without reading, they shouldn't be complaining about not getting what they thought they were getting and really need to step away from the keyboard.

If you click on the guarantee option, it flips the card and clearly in plain language tells you that Drinks, Wi-fi, & other amenities aren't included.

image.png.e14fadd725dad80aed477ecb472a2a5e.png

And if this wasn't clear enough, there's always the last page before you "lock it in". If it isn't listed on this page, why on earth would someone think they're getting something? Would they also assume that their 1st class airfare and limo service to/from the ship and their home is included as well?

image.png.29a33ed4298990f7c25bc90b950f6a43.png

Edited by cdn_tbird
  • Like 5

Yes you site the case where the website works correctly and things are pretty clear which is pretty common now.

Here is my case where I booked using my Captains Club number and silently got the LOYALTY NRD promo.   Later (the next day when I got the invoice from Celebrity) to learn from my TA that perks WERE NOT included.  My TA did go to bat for me and Celebrity eventually honored the price..

So your mileage may vary with the transparency of the Celebrity Website.

image.png.870e5158d1d80ff951c92a58d6351943.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

I'm sorry but I don't buy the ignorance defense. If people blindly click through the warnings without reading, they shouldn't be complaining about not getting what they thought they were getting and really need to step away from the keyboard.

If you click on the guarantee option, it flips the card and clearly in plain language tells you that Drinks, Wi-fi, & other amenities aren't included.

image.png.e14fadd725dad80aed477ecb472a2a5e.png

And if this wasn't clear enough, there's always the last page before you "lock it in". If it isn't listed on this page, why on earth would someone think they're getting something? Would they also assume that their 1st class airfare and limo service to/from the ship and their home is included as well?

image.png.29a33ed4298990f7c25bc90b950f6a43.png

This is true for people who are booking Simply Sail or Guarantee rooms. A warning does pop up telling you the booking doesn't include AI. But when the Loyalty promo was running, there was no pop-up waring. And, on top of that, you did not see AI options listed right next to non-AI options. You ONLY saw the non-AI option, period. So it wasn't obvious that you were booking non-AI rate. And, to add insult to injury, the little icons for the AI perks appeared across the top of the screen right up until the very last page where you confirm your booking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

Yes I agree with you.  Order history is useful.

This thread is relevant to me.  My booking confirmation for a late 2023 cruise shows ELEVATE NRD and no detail.  I’m trying to get my TA or Celebrity to fix it.

So, the question is, did you use a Travel Agent or Celebrity for booking?  Whomever owns the booking should be able to provide that information for you.

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

So, the question is, did you use a Travel Agent or Celebrity for booking?  Whomever owns the booking should be able to provide that information for you.

Oh yes.  I’ve already contacted my TA.  My point was, I do expect someone to fix it.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Oh yes.  I’ve already contacted my TA.  My point was, I do expect someone to fix it.

Speaking from experience, your TA is the one who has to fix it.  

Might try calling their post reservation phone…

1-888-751-7804

Or, email…

Reservations( U.S. and Canada) Email Address:  CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

39 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

This is true for people who are booking Simply Sail or Guarantee rooms. A warning does pop up telling you the booking doesn't include AI. But when the Loyalty promo was running, there was no pop-up waring. And, on top of that, you did not see AI options listed right next to non-AI options. You ONLY saw the non-AI option, period. So it wasn't obvious that you were booking non-AI rate. And, to add insult to injury, the little icons for the AI perks appeared across the top of the screen right up until the very last page where you confirm your booking.

THAT WAS AN ISSUE!  I was subject to the same thing, at the time.

In fairness, Celebrity got it straightened out with little effort on my part.  Still, it was a booking glitch that I understood, and I had to walk Celebrity (OK, my TA did the talking/walking) through.

21 hours ago, mfs2k said:

where does any thread go? Archives? 

I more or less was trying to be humorous due to the wandering responses to the original OP's post.    Not trying to ask literally.  Just figuratively.😁.  Some here don't get me sometimes.  sorry.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Missymo said:

I fully understand the sentiment, yet as a poster indicated before, when spending the amount of money many of us spend on a single cruise it would be prudent to fully understand from 'official sources' what we have purchased in lieu of a boarding surprize.

I have not taken the above advice on several occasions and did my best to correct when aboard and surprized... Yet that did not make me place blame on X or my TA because I did not take the next step of fully confirming what I purchased or thought I had. Contract law is in play here, by contract what did we purchase rather we fully understood it or not???? AI or Sail Only?

Buying a cruise is not like buying a small appliance online and upon receiving it we can take it back for a full refund because it was not what we thought it would be.

T&C's reading is what it is all about along with the invoice.

bon voyage

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I more or less was trying to be humorous due to the wandering responses to the original OP's post.    Not trying to ask literally.  Just figuratively.😁.  Some here don't get me sometimes.  sorry.

I get you.

• Haha 1

I haven’t booked a cruise since 2020 but after reading through this thread it makes you wonder if there were that many issues with choosing perks. I liked choosing my options but they still showed the various codes on the invoices. They were confusing at first until you got to understand what was  happening. 

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I knew you were trying to be humorous!  And I was trying to be snarky. 

• Haha 1