Next cruise booking

c-leg5

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Is some OBC and a lower deposit worthwhile - only you can answer that. 

Details matter.

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

image.png.8db131e8724d1abe52dac8d0a36765c4.png

Thanks that was the chart I was looking for.

So those are the conditions if you choose a sailing onboard, or within 2 months? Otherwise there is no OBC just a reduced deposit?

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

A bit of onboard credit....no reduced deposit if booking a suite.

We booked a B3B for May while onboard in January.  We were allowed a $100.00 pp, per cruise deposit and $75.00 OBC per cruise.  We booked the same Jr. Suite for all three cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imola said:

We booked a B3B for May while onboard in January.  We were allowed a $100.00 pp, per cruise deposit and $75.00 OBC per cruise.  We booked the same Jr. Suite for all three cruises.

Junior suites are not considered full suites.  Full Suites are GS and above and require a full deposit

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, smokeybandit said:

image.png.8db131e8724d1abe52dac8d0a36765c4.png

Just curious... if one is D+, would the D+ balcony discount and the Next Cruise savings both be applied? I have been eyeing an 11 night itinerary for next year and am also sailing next month. If both promos are able to be applied to the booking, I am thinking it may be advantageous to wait to book the cruise while I am onboard. 

Edited by patrioticgirl

10 minutes ago, patrioticgirl said:

Just curious... if one is D+, would the D+ balcony discount and the Next Cruise savings both be applied? I have been eyeing an 11 night itinerary for next year and am also sailing next month. If both promos are able to be applied to the booking, I am thinking it may be advantageous to wait to book the cruise while I am onboard. 

Yes, they are combinable.

Prices tend to go up, by waiting you may not be any further ahead. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Junior suites are not considered full suites.  Full Suites are GS and above and require a full deposit

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe that it should have been the full deposit. 

2 different experiences:

booked an A2 on Oasis sailing in Sept.  next cruise required full $1000 deposit. 

bought a next cruise $200 future sailing cert on our early Feb cruise.  Had TA use it to book an A2 when the NJ itineraries came out last week.  No addl deposit above $200 required.  

2 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Use the internet to find a cruise and price it and then go to the NextCruise office and price it there. A few times we've gotten good deals and other times not so good.

The benefit of nextcruise is the deposit and sturdy OBC. You're likely not going to get a cruise fare deal (though it shouldn't be more expensive, but if it is who cares, you can just call and get the cheaper price after booking)

34 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The benefit of nextcruise is the deposit and sturdy OBC. You're likely not going to get a cruise fare deal (though it shouldn't be more expensive, but if it is who cares, you can just call and get the cheaper price after booking)

In times gone by the Next Cruise Certificates were much better value than now. We haven’t bothered with them for several years.

I can understand the OBC is an attraction if you are  booking a suite, not so much with other categories where you can often get a better deal through a TA. 

The deposit seems to be up for debate as to whether suites should get reduced deposit or not but if they are not eligible that negates that advantage too.

last time I went to the Next cruise desk with an internet price the Next cruise desk price didn’t come close to matching it. I am on vacation, I don’t need to spend time at the Next cruise desk and then time at home changing it.

That was why we just used to buy the future cruise certificates for a while. I dropped the request in a box and got the certificate before I left the ship.

• Like 1

So, in theory, if you buy a voucher for $200 and subsequently use it to book a suite, are you supposed to be charged the additional deposit amount when you convert it to a named booking?

Or do you only pay the full suite deposit if you book a specific sailing?

Or is it another of those YMMV cases?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I did not know you could buy an open cruise booking.  So they give you a reservation number, and you can just give that to your travel agent when you choose a good itinerary? What if there is a sale price that includes an OBC, will they combine?

Next cruise vombines with all regular promotions. Don't forget, you only have 2 months to puck a date or you lose yhr obc.  You also only havev12 months to pick a date orbyou lose the $200 deposit and the booking will be cancelled. 

• Like 1

Most of these offers for Next Cruise has to be the non refundable rate.  I stopped by the Next Cruise desk on my last cruise and the agent could not tell me what the OBC is if you book a refundable fare without me going thru the entire booking process picking a ship date etc.

That said I usually book refundable and have not booked there since they started offering NRD

• Like 2